1.88f

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
this patch is like ages away, but i can see the possibility of having a bodyguard ranger in a hib group with som/wh, moc, heat/cold shots and heat/cold legendary bows. not optimal or anything, but probably not that gimped either..
I can see the newest version of stealth zerg whine threads "QQ bodyguarded ranger pwned meh on my uber tankzor!!!"

interesting :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
tehe, feel sorry for the casters out there, 2 archers can easily crit down a caster, restealth and attack next poor sod again without anyone knowing wtf just happened. If DI is down, its just free RP's for archers.

They kinda have to make it easier for assasins to kill archers with these changes, some sorta pestcontrol is gonna be needed.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
tehe, feel sorry for the casters out there, 2 archers can easily crit down a caster, restealth and attack next poor sod again without anyone knowing wtf just happened. If DI is down, its just free RP's for archers.

They kinda have to make it easier for assasins to kill archers with these changes, some sorta pestcontrol is gonna be needed.

U should never feel sorry for a caster. Plain and simple

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH

Ill let the warlocks know the official anti lock campaign is over shall I?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah they fixed the whole archery problems by making us casters!

now all casting speed/range/damage are casters/archery so I guess all my artifacts are screwed now, unless they re-work those.

seems archery will be dex based (for weapon speed)same as casters so with +10% and 434 dex how fast will I fire :)

so imagine fire from stealth crit shot bypasses bladeturn hits for anything from (no idea as damage isn't confirmed yet) but so a modest 700-800 damage.

caster turns and starts attacking, I hit MOC3 and just fire a couple of shots, I really cant see how a caster can survive that, even just on a HP basis I'm running round with 2500hp buf'd as a luri, casters would have what at most 1800?

Oh well always wanted a high level caster, its just not how I expected to get one.

Eble
i'm just happy archers wont be able to RP leech from towers as easy with this change. gonna be a whole crapload more deaths on their stats, meaning less RP's per hour ;)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik I think you'll be proved wrong, I know if I'm at a tower defense I'm usually not in the tower, it's far more fun being around the base and picking off enemy archers who don't expect you to be behind them :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ctuchik I think you'll be proved wrong, I know if I'm at a tower defense I'm usually not in the tower, it's far more fun being around the base and picking off enemy archers who don't expect you to be behind them :)

Come back To Mid/Lam :(

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not even on EU much mate, spending too much time with the girlfriend, boobies and cum stains at the mo :p

oh and browsing FH :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is that everyone in the game has got far too used to running about solo and thinking that's fine.
In OF (that game you all pine for all the time) casters were stealther fodder. What it meant is that people bothered to actually try and form a group instead of just running about nuking stuff on their own.

I'm fairly sure that it's not coincidence that alot of the add whine problems came when casters got the ability to solo effectively.
If your a solo caster and someone gets the drop on you from stealth, you should die!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
The problem is that everyone in the game has got far too used to running about solo and thinking that's fine.
In OF (that game you all pine for all the time) casters were stealther fodder. What it meant is that people bothered to actually try and form a group instead of just running about nuking stuff on their own.

I'm fairly sure that it's not coincidence that alot of the add whine problems came when casters got the ability to solo effectively.
If your a solo caster and someone gets the drop on you from stealth, you should die!

It should be tanks pwn stealthers, steathlers pwn caster and casters pwning anything from range

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I am for "every class should be able to beat the other class".

But for that I'd need to play a different game like GW maybe.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie

Archers has allways been the greatest adders IMO. Sure, you fight an 8 vs 8 ... ok, you get added on by another group, hapend to all of us.. But how many times have you not been fighting that 8 vs. 8 fight and got added on by some archer and then we have version 3, you got added on by another group AND some archer. (In all 3 version the group or archer can be "friendly" or foe, dosent matter, they are all adders)

And before anyone starts throwing rocks, sure, I have added many times too, and I do it especialy on archers in fact. How ever, I dont add on 1 vs. 1 if I have time to think, mistakes have hapend but never intentional.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
U should never feel sorry for a caster. Plain and simple

not every caster out there sprint in to add on everything in sight and play the class like a RPhorny mofo you know. Boosting archers in this way doesnt really solve any problems overall, it only move the problem to other archetypes and so on it goes, as usual. All this crap means is that archers are gonna move more in gangs, since its easy to make RPs with a duo+ of archers.

Some whine because they think archers will be too similar to casters.. well.. how about a caster with stealth, that is for me the huge issue. A stealthing toon with moc.. I never thought I would see that in DAoC but hell, I was wrong! Anyways, DAoC has one foot in the grave so all this rubbish doesnt matter much after all thank god :p Giff WAR.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Archers has allways been the greatest adders IMO.

ive played actively in rvr since beta and yea, I have to agree to 100%, there is no archetype that has added and ruined as much archers has.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
i'm just happy archers wont be able to RP leech from towers as easy with this change. gonna be a whole crapload more deaths on their stats, meaning less RP's per hour ;)

We will probably loose true sight, so that just means I'll be on the ground, MOC3 and DF LT bow, and if horners about I'll grp my DI 3 bot in the twr.

2/3 rangers crit shot horners BB insta dead, might be the end of him

Eble

Davejohnson

Banned
archers are 'worst adders'? yeah tell that to them solo casters out there :)

id take a scout/hunter over a sorc/rm anyday kekthx

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
MOC for archers is pretty useless at close range anyway, because they have put a minimum distance that you can shot from. Get a message "You are too close to the target to shoot"

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
MOC for archers is pretty useless at close range anyway, because they have put a minimum distance that you can shot from. Get a message "You are too close to the target to shoot"

I think from searches on critshot forums, that the minimum range thing has been removed on pend...

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh, it's been removed. MoC + Bowshot in melee is possible now. It's a nice option, but it means spending an additional 30 RA points to get MoC3. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeh, it's been removed. MoC + Bowshot in melee is possible now. It's a nice option, but it means spending an additional 30 RA points to get MoC3. :)

so its either MoS or MoC now huh? :p assassin fodder or caster fodder....... kinky... :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

yes obviously its a stupid idea for current archers to get stuck inside a tower thats about to fall.... i'm talking about those thats camping unsieged towers or bridge towers. should have been a tad clearer on that one, sorry...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

id take the rm/sorc over the archers. as u can run from the casters as they dont have range bonus from hights when standing on a keep wall/tower/bridge tower.... on the ground however, i'd agree with you.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Having now tested on pend, the new shots are way OPd, testing against an RR8 hunter, full range, he went down in 4 shots! He didnt even make it to me! Fully buffed ofc. Truely overpowered.

However, in mellee we have currently lost PD, and against an assasin class we will get pwnd.

I still maintain this is a bad move, basically we have been turned into stealthing casters, and while its been great fun 2 shotting RR14 casters during testing, live it will create more whine than ever. I am a hunter, I love my class but these changes are going to make my class tough as nails in ranged combat, but its still taking away the essence of how we play our toons.

In the last few years when the "fix" a class, all they seem to do is ramp up the damage output, which isnt bad but it makes insta deaths little fun for either party, we want combat with a little duration, careful tactics, judging the next moves and not wtfpwn in 10 seconds. Fights are over too quick most often to be fun, as the next fight is a long way away due to the size of the playing fields and finding someone to fight, and because there are too many insta kill abilities out there.

I was also right about the 50 bow, you do need it. To all purposes, the bow line is just like say Darkness for SMs and RMs, you need to get high spec for the best damage output, 40 bow means 20% less damage and 10% slower casting (or knotching as it should be!). So this means sacrificing the BC line and respective alb and hib lines to get the top tier. Although it does in a way turn us back into the snipping classes we should be, it does make us studded casters.

Yes, archers are adders, but tbh aint most these days, casters often charge in without hesitation and nuke people, anyone with an insta can just "oops I tapped...lol". On the other hand if an archer adds, its normally because you are attacking what hes been stalking :p

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Having now tested on pend, the new shots are way OPd, testing against an RR8 hunter, full range, he went down in 4 shots! He didnt even make it to me! Fully buffed ofc. Truely overpowered.

However, in mellee we have currently lost PD, and against an assasin class we will get pwnd.

I still maintain this is a bad move, basically we have been turned into stealthing casters, and while its been great fun 2 shotting RR14 casters during testing, live it will create more whine than ever. I am a hunter, I love my class but these changes are going to make my class tough as nails in ranged combat, but its still taking away the essence of how we play our toons.

In the last few years when the "fix" a class, all they seem to do is ramp up the damage output, which isnt bad but it makes insta deaths little fun for either party, we want combat with a little duration, careful tactics, judging the next moves and not wtfpwn in 10 seconds. Fights are over too quick most often to be fun, as the next fight is a long way away due to the size of the playing fields and finding someone to fight, and because there are too many insta kill abilities out there.

I was also right about the 50 bow, you do need it. To all purposes, the bow line is just like say Darkness for SMs and RMs, you need to get high spec for the best damage output, 40 bow means 20% less damage and 10% slower casting (or knotching as it should be!). So this means sacrificing the BC line and respective alb and hib lines to get the top tier. Although it does in a way turn us back into the snipping classes we should be, it does make us studded casters.

Yes, archers are adders, but tbh aint most these days, casters often charge in without hesitation and nuke people, anyone with an insta can just "oops I tapped...lol". On the other hand if an archer adds, its normally because you are attacking what hes been stalking :p

I can also vouch that the bow damage is insane as it currently is, not having a BB on pend but shooting crauch warriors near DL, was 1 shotting the yellows ones and 2 shotting the orange.

Had some insane crit shots summat like 1125 + 990 took a heap of screenshots that have disappeared or at least i cant find them :)

power shot hitting for 700+ most times aswell, so i'd imagine my shots would be crit shot, quick rapid fire to take out BT and brittles followed by power shot caster dead on the floor hit for 2000k

Eble

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Had some insane crit shots summat like 1125 + 990 took a heap of screenshots that have disappeared or at least i cant find them :)

Eble

how does this compare to the same RR caster with base + crit? its good saying it is insane, but who does it compare?

:m00:

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie

Yes, I say so. since the start of DAoC, archers has allways been adders of note, solo casters became that, when, after NF? .. And NF didnt stop the archers from add on everything else that moves and not looking there way, so they have a longer history, by far, as adders. That makes them the worst adders, imo.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
how does this compare to the same RR caster with base + crit? its good saying it is insane, but who does it compare?

:m00:

Sorry, I should have mentioned in current archery, you cant get a crit on a crit shot, if that makes sense.

But now as a caster it seems we can unless they tidy that up later, i'm sure 2000k damage in one shot is a mistake.

I was using a ranger as RR13 with aug dex 5 FE 5 (to be changed to MOM5).

Also I noticed that you can just spam the shot required, so like select crit shot, then just spam standard shot over and over again, you couldn't do that under the old system.

Under the old system you could 1) select shot, 2) auto release, but if you pressed it a third time it would cancel they shot.

Oh well its all about making it easier for the masses I guess.

The patch is slowly taking shape, it no longer looks like a nerf now, but exactly how they tune the damage is going to either piss off the archery crowd or the casters.

Eble

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Current Critshot:

- Cannot hit moving target
- Cannot hit targets using Self-Bladeturn, Brittleguard, Being guarded, Being intercepted, wielding a shield.
- Does double the damage of a regular shot
- Can be fired both in and out of stealth
- Shoot time is 1.1x a normal shot (usually about 3.5s)
- 0% change of getting a 'crit' on this type of attack (not modified with Falcon's Eye)
- If the archer has enough bow skill, will shoot through PBT and Casted BT (never self-BT)
- Can use critshot several times after each other

New Critshot

- Can hit moving targets
- Hits people regardless of BT, Brittle, Guard, Intercept, Shield (does not any of them)
- Has a high delve (think of it as a hard hitting DD)
- Has a high shooting time (4-5s), but reduced with high DEX.
- Has standard 10% chance of critting like every shot (modified with WP)
- Can do up to 50% more damage like every other damage in RVR, so ignore people hitting for 700+600 on a test target. That won't happen in RVR. (And if it does, it will be nerfed)
- Can only be fired from Stealth. Archer needs to restealth for another shot.

Both new and old have pros and cons. I'll leave it to you to decide which on is better. :)

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
- Can do up to 50% more damage like every other damage in RVR, so ignore people hitting for 700+600 on a test target. That won't happen in RVR. (And if it does, it will be nerfed)

To my knowlage, casters can crit for more then 50%, so if archers is treated like casters, so will they.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
To my knowlage, casters can crit for more then 50%, so if archers is treated like casters, so will they.

As usual your knowledge is rather limited Rhana.

Casters (and everyone else) can maximum crit for 50% in RvR.
Everyone can go higher in PvE.
The exception ofcourse, is the Berserker that uses Frenzy in RvR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom