1.88 Error 308

Roaken

Hi guys, since the 1.88 patch Dark Age of Camelot is fully supported for Windows Vista. However, you may get a 308 error when you run the game for the first time. This means you need to set Administrative rights for the game to work correctly.
To do this:
  • Right click on the shortcut you use to launch DAOC
  • Select "Properties"
  • Click on the “Compatibility” tab
  • Check the "Run as administrator" box
  • Click on the “Shortcut” tab
  • Click the "Advanced" button
  • Check the "Run as administrator" box
  • Click OK then APPLY then OK
This will allow Dark Age of Camelot to run normally.

I know some people may be experiencing this error so here's the fix!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I have another method:

• Insert Windows XP CD
  • Start PC
  • Follow on screen prompts for fresh installation
  • Select "Format C Drive"
  • Once complete, reinstall DAoC
  • Make note to self that you will not be coersed by Bill Gates proporganda ever again and will no longer beleive that his latest creation is a good thing!
Easy :)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I have another method:

• Insert Windows XP CD
  • Start PC
  • Follow on screen prompts for fresh installation
  • Select "Format C Drive"
  • Once complete, reinstall DAoC
  • Make note to self that you will not be coersed by Bill Gates proporganda ever again and will no longer beleive that his latest creation is a good thing!
Easy :)

You forgot:
  • Whip yourself with birch branches for even considering having Vista in the first place.
No cheating & getting some female (or male if you prefer) to do it for you either!

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Yeah Soulfly is always beating himself off... :p ;) :D
Nah saw on tv last week that Fins always bbq their sausage in the sauna.. Wonder what they ask their girlfriend, crispy or extra crispy?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I bought my daughter a vista laptop from pc world (cos they didn'y have any XP machines) the salesman went to great trouble to ask me what programs she uses cos they may not work.

Only fukin Microshite could get away with this bolax, imagine a BMW salesman telling you the latest 3 series might not work on some a roads.

Someone somewhere please buy an old B52 and carpet bomb Microshite HQ, it will set the computer free.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Only fukin Microshite could get away with this bolax, imagine a BMW salesman telling you the latest 3 series might not work on some a roads.

well, they dont :) but it isnt BMW's fault some countries can't or wont maintain their roads :)

same thing with Vista. as much as i hate that program its not their fault every single program that ever existed isnt working with it.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Vista is a pile of shit. You pay tons of money and what do you get? Some lousy-programmed OS that lacks good new features...

Mac OS ftw...

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Im running vista 64 bit and must say after a few minor tweaks it runs very well, actually without any problems at all. And 1 thing i like is it seems to be able to clear memory a hell of alot better than xp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom