1.88 - Archer luving?

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
According to camelotherald, archers were "missed" from 1.87 as its a major change inc for us in 1.88 rather than a minor change in 1.87

Wonder what'll get hit with the nerf-bat this time?

All i can say is about bloody time archery got looked at....i live in hope.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2881.shtml

Q: Ahem. Not to put too fine a point on it, but you SAID archers were coming in 1.87.

A: I did. The reason we’re moving them to 1.88 are perfectly sensible reasons, but that doesn’t make the disappointment easier to swallow, and I am really sorry about that.

We are in the midst of discussing and planning a lot more archery changes than we were when 1.87 was penciled into the schedule. We need more coding done, and that code tested, before we can start posting notes to our team leads for review. There’s just no way we can work these things into 1.87 at this point, despite our best efforts. Again, I’m sorry to cause disappointment, but I have to admit… I am pleased that the Redhead is not taking the simpler way out of some long-needed changes to archery in Camelot. This isn’t one of those systems that we could just tweak a few settings and move on, not with any dignity.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I never realised they were short on love :<

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Also try running out unbuffed and see how much it really does need wub :p
Used to be able to run out unbuffed with pf buffed on my old ranger, but once darkness rising came, forget it, got no chance on bow with just pf buffs tbh. Bow used to rock, now it blows and basically ur gay if you just hang towers because ie no bb and gimped/nerfed to hell tbh thus roll melee ranger/hunter/scout ftw. And therein lies ur reason for why bow gets wub = no bow archers out there anymore from what i remember. Used to be quite fun too tbh :(

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
They gave archers something in 1.87.

- Fossil archers now have an increased damage output to help with their slow bow draw times. They have also been given a chance to evade.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Imgormiel said:
Also try running out unbuffed and see how much it really does need wub :p
Used to be able to run out unbuffed with pf buffed on my old ranger, but once darkness rising came, forget it, got no chance on bow with just pf buffs tbh. Bow used to rock, now it blows and basically ur gay if you just hang towers because ie no bb and gimped/nerfed to hell tbh thus roll melee ranger/hunter/scout ftw. And therein lies ur reason for why bow gets wub = no bow archers out there anymore from what i remember. Used to be quite fun too tbh :(
Try running unbuffed on anything :p I haven't been able to solo unbuffed since SI times.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder if Minstrels and Bard`s will get love next considering the massive boosts Skalds got this patch.

Gamah

Banned
Case said:
Wonder if Minstrels and Bard`s will get love next considering the massive boosts Skalds got this patch.

Gotta be kidding me? Minstrels getting looked at? Chance will be a fine thing.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
Case said:

gotta be kidding me? massive boost? wtf are you smoking

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
Try running unbuffed on anything :p I haven't been able to solo unbuffed since SI times.

try running pf ranger with bow and it used to be able to be done up until darkness rising :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Imgormiel said:
try running pf ranger with bow and it used to be able to be done up until darkness rising :p

Just shows rangers is a powerfull class.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
gifv crossbow lovin!

you have sureshot ;)

but serioulsy, most archers would kill for an ability at 25 bow spec that let them fire and move at the same time

preferably fire backwards, like a parthian :worthy:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Takhasis said:
Go try an ARCHERY class and use bow then :)

archers dont need love. they just need to stop trying to spec like a melee tank/blockbot and get the points into their bow insted. 50 effective might give the damage but ur still gimped out of ur arse without the spec abilitys :)

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
archers dont need love. they just need to stop trying to spec like a melee tank/blockbot and get the points into their bow insted. 50 effective might give the damage but ur still gimped out of ur arse without the spec abilitys :)

Even with 50 bow, you've got brittle guard, pbt, shields with insane block rates, people evading, intercepting pets, misses, fumbles etc etc etc

I remember having a joke line in my sig ages ago - along the lines of....

An archer was occasionally able to kill a caster in RvR - this has now been fixed

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:

That's the problem, 50 LB does NOT give the damage. LB damage is crap, even with 101 Dex and full ToA Archery bonuses.

Opponents simply have too many ways to negate bow damage and it's bollocks quite frankly.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Takhasis said:
Even with 50 bow, you've got brittle guard, pbt, shields with insane block rates, people evading, intercepting pets, misses, fumbles etc etc etc

I remember having a joke line in my sig ages ago - along the lines of....

An archer was occasionally able to kill a caster in RvR - this has now been fixed

true, but most of this, or rather, all of it also applies to any of the other classes to. what makes archers more special? :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:

We got our RR5 (MCL1 for the group) usable in combat and got three new songs, two of which are practically pointless (powersong, ablative) and the third (end reduction bonus, range unknown, but probably not very big) being of debatable use.

That being said, the changes are nice for soloers and zergsurfing skalds, but of very little value to a skald in a set group. I won't deny that we're better off at the end of the patch, but I wouldn't call it a massive boost.

Oh, and we can now equip medium shields, but not actually use them. Yay!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
true, but most of this, or rather, all of it also applies to any of the other classes to. what makes archers more special? :)

because as a main spec line
nothing but nothing has remained as static and unrewarding to spec in as archery

aside from the early nerfs
its has remained essentially unchanged since daocs inception
its counters however have increased

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:

What game do you play? It does not apply to other Classes. I can't think of a single other Class that can have 50 in it's main damage line and it still does wank damage.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Moaning Myrtle said:
What game do you play? It does not apply to other Classes. I can't think of a single other Class that can have 50 in it's main damage line and it still does wank damage.

i can think of 2 straight off if were only talking the specline as damage.

shamans cave and BD's well, all 3 of those lines are fairly wank damage concidering other casters spec nukes.

granted none of those 2 are ment to be any dps monsters but wank damage they do.

i can probably think up a few more but its to early and i havent gotten my coffee yet.

Aiteal on the other hand got a point and i stand corrected. sorry about that.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Moaning Myrtle said:
That's the problem, 50 LB does NOT give the damage. LB damage is crap, even with 101 Dex and full ToA Archery bonuses.

Opponents simply have too many ways to negate bow damage and it's bollocks quite frankly.

but the extra skills u get from it atleast prevents u from getting interrupted just by looking at ya. that was my main point of going higher in bow spec.

sureshot IS good, but ppl dont spec for it coz it "uses more end". they dont seem to think that it acually help to kill that caster.

seem to remember a post not to long ago where a scout(?) killed a bainshee using sureshot.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
If that scout did, than the bainshee probably panicked.

Sureshot ONLY works to interupt.. it does relatively little damage (100-150) - it's nice for finishing off a caster, but toe-to-toe the casters have plenty toys to negate it.

Like it or not, but archers are going to get looked at in the next patch. Noone knows what that will be, but many of us are expecting bow-centered changes. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Tesla Monkor said:
Like it or not, but archers are going to get looked at in the next patch. Noone knows what that will be, but many of us are expecting bow-centered changes. :)

that i can live with, i much much rather take that then the melee boost so many assassin wannabie archers long for.

and that bain iirc, kept spamming taunt for interrupts.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
The archery system has been broken for a long time.

The "archer" has really only been played by newbs in daoc who were not interested in performance (for a while)

Theres a danger they will go and make archery very deadly. which will prolly be bad for the game.

They need to make archery more viable in open field situations and 1v1's. They need to not make changes that make archery a better leech tool or ridiculous in siege situations.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
We got our RR5 (MCL1 for the group) usable in combat and got three new songs, two of which are practically pointless (powersong, ablative) and the third (end reduction bonus, range unknown, but probably not very big) being of debatable use.

That being said, the changes are nice for soloers and zergsurfing skalds, but of very little value to a skald in a set group. I won't deny that we're better off at the end of the patch, but I wouldn't call it a massive boost.

Oh, and we can now equip medium shields, but not actually use them. Yay!

People like you are never happy are you? Do you just like moaning or what? Maybe if they gave skalds insta kill all enemies you'd still find a reason to moan.They gave skalds extremely good boosts both solo and grouped and your still whining. ^^

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
that i can live with, i much much rather take that then the melee boost so many assassin wannabie archers long for.

and that bain iirc, kept spamming taunt for interrupts.

Then the bain wasn't panicking but just a noob. Sureshot is not interruptable by ranged attacks, only by melee.

Ctuchik said:
People like you are never happy are you? Do you just like moaning or what? Maybe if they gave skalds insta kill all enemies you'd still find a reason to moan.They gave skalds extremely good boosts both solo and grouped and your still whining. ^^

Perhaps I am negative, but I'm also realistic. The changes are nice for the skalds, massive love it is not. It's more like a quick kiss on the cheek. ;)

I do realise that the speed/music classes of the other two realms expect and deserve attention from Mythic. Didn't they already promised that all three music classes would be looked at? Mythic is slow, but I do think there is love in the pipeline for all three. :)

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
extremely good boosts?! have you actually read the patch notes or do you live on the planet xqoumbazx or something?!

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
The archery system has been broken for a long time.

The "archer" has really only been played by newbs in daoc who were not interested in performance (for a while)

Theres a danger they will go and make archery very deadly. which will prolly be bad for the game.

They need to make archery more viable in open field situations and 1v1's. They need to not make changes that make archery a better leech tool or ridiculous in siege situations.

The only changes they need to make to Archery IMHO is to vastly increase bow damage or give us a way to bypass an opponent's defences and keep damage as it is.

I am not asking for anything else, because with the exception of low LB damage I think my Scout is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom