1.87 bard template problem.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
In a quandry about my bard. She's designed for small groups and duos (mostly with a BG champ now) but occasionally I get forced for fg rvr with her. She's specc'd 37 music, 43 nurture and 33 regrowth. Her current template has the following config report:

Stats
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Str: 33 Int: 0 Hits: 264
Con: 72 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 105 Cha: 72
Qui: 0 Emp: 0

Resists
Body: 23 Energy: 9 Crush: 23
Cold: 25 Matter: 14 Thrust: 22
Heat: 23 Spirit: 10 Slash: 21

Skills

Focus

Cap Increases
25 Dexterity
80 Hits
5 Strength
5 Charisma
10 Power

Other Bonuses
13 Healing Effectiveness
17 Spell Range
26 % Power Pool
4 Style Damage
18 AF
21 Stat Buff Effectiveness
4 Melee Damage
5 Fatigue
16 Duration of Spells
11 Casting Speed

The artis included in it are: GoV, WH, EP, EoY, JS, CTR, CB, BoZ and ofc the champ harp.

The template I've been working on has the following config report:

Config Report

Stats
STR: 0 / 75 INT: 0 / 75 Hits: 216 / 280 (+80)
CON: 75 / 75 PIE: 0 / 75 AF: 8 / 50
DEX: 103 / 101 (+27) EMP: 0 / 75 Pow: 0 / 43 (+17)
QUI: 0 / 75 CHA: 87 / 87 (+12) %PP: 33% / 42% (+17)

Resists
Body: 25 / 26 Energy: 9 / 26 Crush: 27 / 26 (+2)
Cold: 25 / 26 Matter: 9 / 26 Slash: 26 / 26 (+3)
Heat: 25 / 26 Spirit: 5 / 26 (+5) Thrust: 25 / 26
Essence: 0 / 26

Other Bonuses
10 / 10 Casting Speed
18 / 25 Duration of Spells
25 / 25 Healing Effectiveness
4 / 10 Spell Damage
12 / 10 Spell Range
27 / 25 Stat Buff Effectiveness

artis are: GSV, EP, EoY, CTR, CB and BoZ and champ harp

I've gone for 25% buff bonus because of the new AF shield bards will be getting shortly.

The big question is now, is the 25% heal bonus and buff bonus worth the loss of JS, WH and the hits? Or am I just expecting too much out of my bard and ought to just stick with the toys?

input from more experienced bards than myself is appreciated and the level of intelligence is greater over here :)

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Amanita said:
The big question is now, is the 25% heal bonus and buff bonus worth the loss of JS, WH and the hits? Or am I just expecting too much out of my bard and ought to just stick with the toys?

input from more experienced bards than myself is appreciated and the level of intelligence is greater over here :)
come back to eu and play hib imo!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I don't think 25% buffbonus is worth for that ONE AF buff. 13% will cap your con buff, 11% will cap your dex buff. But if you have a BG Champ next to you (hello Evi :)) you can skip WH and give him a proper 25% AF buff, we know he needs it (joking :p).

On a more serious note, Music classes getting changed in 1.88 so maybe wait with a new template til you know how Bards are gonna be after the patch?

Himse

FH is my second home
more powerpool. energy, crush thrust and slash aint even capped.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
to me, 25% heal bonus is better than 13%+JS, should be about the same power efficiency when healing, though ofc, loosing out if you use the charge alot, or are mezzing too much.

one bit of info for you though..the new spec AF is for 67AF @ 44 spec, if you spec for that one, then 11% buff bonus should see cap. however the one @ 34 nurt, is only 55 AF and even with 25% buff bonus its only gonna come out @ 86 AF which is below cap. dunno how you'd work 44 nurt into your spec, but i reckon it'd prolly be worth it for you with small scale.

or ofc..you could just tell the champ to use some furkin charges and spec AF himself like he should alrdy be doing ^^ you as well! :)

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
artis are: GSV, EP, EoY, CTR, CB and BoZ and champ harp

I've gone for 25% buff bonus because of the new AF shield bards will be getting shortly.

ok so to try and shed some light on this from my pov.... you dont need WH and Ep in your templates anymore. the nerfing on the usa severs has made them not worth while in templates. they were nice to use together but now it frankly sucks,i have tried it on healer and its a total pain.
js is nice saves mana. however you may get away with not using this with the new mana regen item u can activate at cl10 from laby,however i like to have it in my template as mana free casts are nice. tho having said this the new mana regen is very nice on usa severs.
buff bonus caps at 13% on a bard. really healing on a bard sucks full stop from my experience in fg fights. if your doing fg fights the druids and eld should be doing enough in ur grp to keep dmg low and get good heals,if not QQ at them xD

toys u need on bard - champ weap, egg , boz, and prehaps cb, tho with purge 3 and good reaction times u could possibly get away without using it.

as for the af charge well just use a spec af item or tell grp members to fuck off and get a spec af item from housing xD

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
prodical said:
you dont need WH and Ep in your templates anymore. the nerfing on the usa severs has made them not worth while in templates. they were nice to use together but now it frankly sucks,i have tried it on healer and its a total pain.

EP has been nerfed?

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
prodical said: toys u need on bard - champ weap, egg , boz, and prehaps cb, tho with purge 3 and good reaction times u could possibly get away without using it.

If egg is a must for a bard then the world has come to its end.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
EP hasn't been nerfed.

My bard heals quite well if she has LoS since she's the higher regrowth spec. I have just hit CL10 and she's wearing an average mythirian of power.

One of the reasons for the new template is that I've been killed by the GoV proc a few times and want to make a change to GSV, so when I've gotten that sorted out (scarab farming seems too boring right now ^^) a new template's in the works.

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll take Mani's suggestion of waiting for the new patch, it'll take me some time to gather some (read: one) of the items in the new template anyway :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Mckennitt said:
If u bridgecamping and stuff yep rox otherwise better wear an SI jewel.

No, for full group rvr, EOY is best if you can fit it in. Have won many fights coming back from 4-5 dead and deing saved by EOY either on bard or druid. Its a powerless rezz what could possibly not be good about that?

cmr

Banned
well i think your power pool is stupidly low

im currently using this template:

http://www.freewebs.com/briteuk/bard_c.html

Uses all the artis that i feel are a MUST CW, EP, JS, Zo, CB, EoY, also used CS + Croc

i think gsv also wastes util as it doesnt really offer much

im maybe going to try and improve that template with some lotm items and the new stat cap armour, things ill mainly be aiming to improve is more power pool, getting capped energy resist due to sorc mezz, maybe trying to fit in WH but i doubt it

cmr

Banned
and as for bards not being able to heal mine with the same spec as listed above can heal for 411 and thats with 8% healing effectiveness and i cant recall the cast time exactly buts its fast

and on that matter of trying to get to 25% heal bonus i wouldnt bother at all, if you can heal, you can keep them alive, an extra 30 or so more added to a heal wont make a major difference, having the power to heal will.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Ballard wrote: No, for full group rvr, EOY is best if you can fit it in. Have won many fights coming back from 4-5 dead and deing saved by EOY either on bard or druid. Its a powerless rezz what could possibly not be good about that?

Nothing wrong at all. The difference is that u forget a bards role in rvr. Bard class is an interrupter not a rezzer. Druid is hence eoy is must for that class. Utilizing to the max our role and then care about rest is what i always went for and as far as i know thats how every class goes. Care about the rest and then yourself is a no go for me. Croc morph + spell pierce + af > eoy rezz

:england:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Mckennitt said:
Bard class is an interrupter not a rezzer. Druid is hence eoy is must for that class.
:england:

Contrary to this a druid should avoid casted rezzing if possible. The power cost is prohibitive to the major healer in a group. Healing is far more power efficent than rezzing. For this reason you need as many powerless rezzes in the group as possible, not just on the druids.

PR should be the first option, followed by any EOYs in the group, and the last option should be casted rez.

Probably going to have to agree to disagree, but in my opinion EOY will always offer a greater benefit to the group than any other jewel slot item.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
sorry but you need egg on a bard. its not hard to make a good tempalte with egg. and tbh the amount of times i have rez'd tanks who were out of range with egg and then gone on to win a fight has helpt alot. also more eggs the better imo. and my bad about ep, was pheobus they gimped :D

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Mckennitt said:
Nothing wrong at all. The difference is that u forget a bards role in rvr. Bard class is an interrupter not a rezzer. Druid is hence eoy is must for that class.

That's the worst explenation I think i've ever heard. Having egg doesn't effect how well a bard can interupt, since they don't have to stop interupting to use it.
Druids have better rezzes and PR for rezzing (should they need to do so) so egg is actually less useful for them than for a bard. Add that the the fact that the bard is more likely to be near (in range) of the person requiring the rezz and if it's a must on a druid then it's an absolute 100% must on a bard.

The fact it's powerless is nice. What is way more useful however is the ability to get someone up while your group is being interupted and on the back foot instantly, since that is the time when they are most likely to die and need to be rezzed asap.

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
you don't need sash if u have 30 odd power pool unless ur rubbish mcl1 and power pots are fine or just pop EP im bit tight so i tend not to use power pots unless i have to :p and i heal alot as i push in to groups bit like a bl tank lol but that my style of play if in doubt phase shift out :D and try and cap buff as sometime u can be buffing a fg with bases when the lazy sod can't be asked to port back for buffs.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
you don't need sash if u have 30 odd power pool unless ur rubbish mcl1 and power pots are fine or just pop EP im bit tight so i tend not to use power pots unless i have to :p and i heal alot as i push in to groups bit like a bl tank lol but that my style of play if in doubt phase shift out :D and try and cap buff as sometime u can be buffing a fg with bases when the lazy sod can't be asked to port back for buffs.

but you still sux kk :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom