1.85B - Tiny hunter love, Bainshee nerf, Druid love, further Zephyr nerf, New alchemy

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I see the AC and fletching changes being positive, giving them the equivalent of legendary armour and bows.

But lets face it, theres already cheap damn good bows aout there like immo, braggarts, ML7, ML9, ML10, champ, sun and FB, so this comes too little too late. The procs and charges will be nice on armour, but again theres artis and lots of decent non toa drops already, and for all those of us who have poured cash into our temps, again "they might have told us before..." comes to mind. All too little, too late.

Bainshee changes, damn right they got the nerf bat, hopefully more to come!

Pet lines, well I can comment on the tree huggers, but the BC line for hunters is still piss poor, unless they want to give us 3x spec points, as if!

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
making every char need a new sc suit is just what this game needed ... :wanker:'s

Dorimor1

Banned
People beg for AC and SC changes and now they whine they have to redo their templates? This should have been clear to anyone with half a brain tbh.

Some people are never pleased.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Not liking this at all, the way this patch is heading its killing may chance of having solo fun.
Nearsight procs, this will just effect archers and vamps
Power drain, omni drain, will also wipe out vamps
New bows will only be wanted in classic servers.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Dorimor1 said:
People beg for AC and SC changes and now they whine they have to redo their templates? This should have been clear to anyone with half a brain tbh.

Some people are never pleased.
The changes we wanted were more to include timer changes (2 mins or more a make is stupid!), recipe changes like the removal of linings (at damn last) and slightly easier leveling. These new bits are a move in the right direction, but with the recent demise in market value in average items, most people can ill afford a new temp.

Seeing the drop rate of these items required to make them will also be interesting, as well as the standard SM campers.

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
Javai said:
Positive stuff, the SC changes make sense it terms of increasing popularity of crafted items for AC'ers but could mean it's now possible to cap everything instead of having some tradeoffs.

Dont think many people will have a full set of the new 5 slot armor.

Think about it .....

Most fully TOA'd chars probably have 2 (sometimes more) Artifact armor pieces eg. GoV and Scalars. That would mean they need 4 new 5 slot Masterpieces making to stand any chance of improving their template.
Making a Masterpiece bit of the new armor will be just as difficult as making a Masterpiece Legendary weapon and I dare say not many people own 4 of those!

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
So Archer shoots target from miles away-target has nearsight procs- archer gets nearsighted miles away or how does it work?

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
So Archer shoots target from miles away-target has nearsight procs- archer gets nearsighted miles away or how does it work?
Yep, so far mythixcs responce to the fact its a bugged response as they are hitting beyond thier supposed range was sorry we cant do anything.
But if they can make it so pets dont set off reactives surely they can do the same for arrows.

Dont see why people are anti vampiir, in classic they are overpowered but in normal servers they are a balanced and adaptable class.
Now if the power drain procs give power to the vamp then that might help slightly but i doubt it will, the vamps main strength is preventing the target from hitting them but for that they need power.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
The recipes for the specialty armor pieces will require a dropped component that can be found on high-level monsters and boss monsters in classic, Shrouded Isles, and New Frontiers zones (including Passage of Conflict).

lolz teh timesink! I thought Mythic learned from ToA. Monkeys....

gu_20060811.jpg

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
making every char need a new sc suit is just what this game needed ... :wanker:'s

Think about it.. You will still want MP armour and the new armour types require an item from epic mobs. So ye almost no one will use them as the cost will be prohibitive. I have tried making a template with the new armour pieces and it really doesnt end up much better at all.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
the crafting improvments i want to see go along the line faster and cheaper (like toa and xp gain improvements):

1. make the crafting time for items in the range green-red the same as for grey ones -> that meas 50% time redux and will be helpfull for leveling new crafters
2. reduce the cost for materials by 25-50% (or increase the sellback value to 90%)
3. decrease the failure rate for green-yellow items range by 50%
4. increase the chance to get mp to 4-5%

without those, the improvments they are proposing means almost nothing atm

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Simple crafting idea...

anioal said:
without those, the improvments they are proposing means almost nothing atm

Those changes actually makes it tempting to re-subscribe..
Nothing EASIER and FASTER crafting would do for me :)

Before the easy crafting started(no studs, no wires, no weapon parts etc.) it was like a quest in itself to get MP items done and it was kind of rewarding.

Today it's too easy to craft and get MP - and making it even easier will for sure make prices drop,which is good in a way, but will also scare off some from picking up crafting since there will be very hard to earn some cash.

But for the solo player I can understand the frustration of not getting hold of a SC'er or alchemist etc.

A simple and maybe somewhat acceptable solution would be that you would be able to "speed-craft" items that would be flagged as only usable by chars on your own account. That way the ones struggling with crafting could cater for their own needs without flooding the market and dumping prices.

And by "speed-craft" I mean that you would get increased crafting speed + a % bonus to your crafting skill :)
Ideally you could also increase these factors by doing some quests or reparing keeps etc.

Flame on :flame:

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Krakatau said:
Today it's too easy to craft and get MP

hmm, you sure about that? cause when i was crafting the 5 mp leather parts for me nightshade (yes, i have a lgm tailor) it took me 6 hours and 7.2-7.5p to finish my own order and that definitely made me not to craft for anyone else except me.

this is way to far from easy when every damn click was made by my hand and not by some sort of autoclicker program, ffs

since i mentioned that one, other improvment should be crafting in batch mode

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:
hmm, you sure about that? cause when i was crafting the 5 mp leather parts for me nightshade (yes, i have a lgm tailor) it took me 6 hours and 7.2-7.5p to finish my own order and that definitely made me not to craft for anyone else except me.

this is way to far from easy when every damn click was made by my hand and not by some sort of autoclicker program, ffs

since i mentioned that one, other improvment should be crafting in batch mode

And just cap out tailorer so you get increased crafting speed doing grey stuff ;)
And every single skillup on my 11 lgm crafters are made by hand, so I think I know what I'm talking about - but hey, I'm crazy :drink:

I'm comparing to how it was before. Had to run out into frontier to get top-tier materials and do sub-parts for finished item etc. Chain armour for example needed you to craft linings + wire before you could craft it together..that wire/stud/hilt/blade part is removed today, so that alone makes it easier+ the fact that today you can stack items + crafting quests that gives you added bonus while crafting etc etc
But nvm that, comment on my idea instead ;)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Krakatau said:
And just cap out tailorer so you get increased crafting speed doing grey stuff ;)
And every single skillup on my 11 lgm crafters are made by hand, so I think I know what I'm talking about - but hey, I'm crazy :drink:

I'm comparing to how it was before. Had to run out into frontier to get top-tier materials and do sub-parts for finished item etc. Chain armour for example needed you to craft linings + wire before you could craft it together..that wire/stud/hilt/blade part is removed today, so that alone makes it easier+ the fact that today you can stack items + crafting quests that gives you added bonus while crafting etc etc
But nvm that, comment on my idea instead ;)

stop comparing.
game is evolving and now crafting is the most unrewarding and boring part of the game.
why do you think is so hard to find a lgm crafter willing to take orders these days? simply put: because is the same time frame he can get way more plats farming toa or way more fun rvr-ing.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:
stop comparing.
game is evolving and now crafting is the most unrewarding and boring part of the game.
why do you think is so hard to find a lgm crafter willing to take orders these days? simply put: because is the same time frame he can get way more plats farming toa or way more fun rvr-ing.

That's the point I'm trying to make - there's no incentive to craft anymore.
To me it's almost as bad as the /freelevel is for new players of the game - there's hardly anyone below lvl 20 to group up with. And was fun to see Mythic admit it wasn't the smartest idea they've come up with

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Krakatau said:
That's the point I'm trying to make - there's no incentive to craft anymore.

Word!

and given the diminished player base the obvious solution to me is not to add more fluff to crafting (well, that can be a bonus!), but make it faster enough so everyone can get his own set of crafters as easy as they can level another lvl 50 toon.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Think about it.. You will still want MP armour and the new armour types require an item from epic mobs. So ye almost no one will use them as the cost will be prohibitive. I have tried making a template with the new armour pieces and it really doesnt end up much better at all.
Depends, if you don't have too much crafted armor pieces in your template, the difference might be minimal, and it was possible to do a very good template even before. At least on normal, PVP, RP and Cooperative servers. On Classic servers, you had less good named drops, and had to focus more on crafted items (no toa drops, on artifacts) and supplement them with epic armor, and catacombs drops. With this changes the differences between a template on classic and a template on normal servers becomes less significant on the long run.

But lets see one more thing: Right now PVP (RVR) and PVE templates are often different. Very different. For 3 reasons: You can't have everything in one template, you don't need the PVE bonuses in an RVR template and you don't need all resists at the same time in a PVE template.

All resists in the PVE template? You might need up to 3 resists for a boss (from total of 9 resists), and you can use different versions of your template on different raids (can change items in it) and you might use crafted pieces for the parts you will replace. Why? Because you can't find very similar drops with different resists (but otherwise about same bonuses) so easily. Some TOA bonuses in these pieces can make SC building easier, these PVE suits better, and your suit will have better bonuses, might be more versatile... etc.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
anioal said:
Word!

and given the diminished player base the obvious solution to me is not to add more fluff to crafting (well, that can be a bonus!), but make it faster enough so everyone can get his own set of crafters as easy as they can level another lvl 50 toon.

i really dont want to see more PL'ing then whats already here. as the fastest u can get "another lvl 50 toon" would be around a day and a half.. they need to make the crafting be a viable cash income first and foremost. not let everyone thats to fking lazy to bother with it as it is now (me included) get a easy way to get LGM.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I sincerely hope that people will find that it's not worth shooting for MP on the new armour, and start wanting 99% instead. If people come to me with 5-10 patterns (think they drop in 5's, and sounded like guaranteed drops from bosses in what are currently little used zones), asking me for the best quality piece I can make from 5 or 10 makes, rather than coming with money and asking for me to spend ages on MP's, I'll take orders again. Whether that'll happen or whether people will just farm for ages, who knows.

I gave up regular MP crafting cos in the time it takes to make one MP suit (ie a slightly better RvR experience for one person), I can lead 1-2 ML raids (ie a slightly better RvR experience for 10's of people).

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Crafting MP's is still shit, i doesnt matter if you just reach LGM and crafting orange parts or being capped and crafting grey items, its just luck. I think Mythic must give a reward to crafters who are capped, lets say a bonus in the chance to make MP parts, lets say every 50 or whatever skill points above 1000 skill gives more chance to make an MP, it will be more fair to crafters imo.

Theo

Fledgling Freddie
This patch won't hurt vampiirs nope.. the power drains don't actually take power, they deal damage and use the damage to heal power much like necromancer nukes. Now question is do the vampiirs get power if they use this procs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom