1.84f

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Yes because thanes are so weak as is....

A good thane can beat most classes out there, so many interupts to screw casters over, including longer range then a normal caster DD etc etc. But lets all pretend they are weak because someone wants to be even more overpowered then another class.

(Note, both Valks and thanes are going to be overpowered compared to alot of melee based classes (including hyrbids after this)

I'm not sure you realise the amount of interupt a thane is faced with in RvR with all these banelords do you? ^^

Thats the very reason they beefed upp our melee cause the class didnt function properly due to the amounts of interupts ingame.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
atos said:
I'm not sure you realise the amount of interupt a thane is faced with in RvR with all these banelords do you? ^^

Thats the very reason they beefed upp our melee cause the class didnt function properly due to the amounts of interupts ingame.
My Thane's heading for RR5 now, and I'm actually considering buying MOC for him next...

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
My Thane's heading for RR5 now, and I'm actually considering buying MOC for him next...

That would be the first thing for me to buy once I reactive on monday. In my opinion are the Thane casting not for damage and killing stuff but for interupts. Giving the faster cast speed and a moc1'ing Thane can put out some serious interupt while still keeping its effenciency in melee.

Corran

Part of the furniture
atos said:

The amount of interupts they faced with is no greater then any othe casting class. And a half competent player will get around it. By spreading out they either interupt you or the rest of the group (talking in group rvr here). If set up right only every now and then you be interupted, if they come at you to interupt least you got option of using one your insta's or smacking them round the head with a hammer :p

A normal caster has what choice? A qc or to MoC. Sure if you a gimpy troll you will have more problems, but that your fault for picking high str/low dex class. Norse thanes are already a fucking bitch to fight at times before this comes in, that said them thanes i refer to actually know how to play the class and not just try to spam a spell constantly breaking all CC etc

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Corran said:
...actually know how to play the class and not just try to spam a spell constantly breaking all CC etc
Actually most Thanes know not to do that. It's a folklore misconception that every Thane just spams AE hammers...

...that said, we fucking love to spam them when people let us :D. SOme of the most fun I've had in ages was at the villa in that valley W of Berks, tons of Hibs bunched up inside coning the doors so nobody could get in...they'd put two Titans up...target Titan...spam AE hammers till I go oop and killed two and perma interrupted everybody else, was hitting like 20+ Hiblets at once. Great fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom