===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.84f Release Notes
New Battleground and Class Updates
June 8, 2006

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

Bug Fixes

- Players on horses must now dismount in order to pray and receive experience.

- The numerical value of delve information for power rend spells will now display correctly as positive instead of negative numbers.

- The list of commands shown when using "/gc" now includes "/gc logins".

Master Level Experience Changes

- Almost every monster level 61 or higher is now worth some amount of Master Level experience. This includes monsters found throughout the game in Classic zones, Shrouded Isles, Catacombs, Atlantis, etc.

- Many monsters have had their Master Level experience values increased.

- Players are now worth more Master Level experience in RvR.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Master Level Ability Changes - General

- When a Ravenclan Giant is charmed and the ML9 ability, Summoning Mastery, is used on it, the giant will no longer be made miniature, but instead will remain the same size.

Armsman

- Polearm: The bleed spell from Defender's Aegis will no longer be resisted.

Friar

- The heal associated with Holy Staff will now pulse at a faster speed.

Hunter

- Hunter pets will no longer trigger reactive armor procs on other players.

Necromancer

- When Necromancer pets are attacked, the shade will now see the attack messages in the correct (You are hit) message channel.

- If a Necromancer releases a pet (through zoning, releasing the pet, or by moving beyond tether range of the pet), the Necromancer will now be left with the same percentage of hit points that the pet had upon release. (Previously, the Necromancer would be left with 10% hit points regardless of how much health (under 100%) the pet had when released.) For example, if a pet is released with 50% hit points, the Necromancer will be left with 50% hit points as well.

Thane

- Call of a Thousand Storms is now an instant cast spell

Valewalker

- Conflagration damage type has been set to Heat.

Valkyrie

- The following changes have been made to Sword styles for Valkyries:

Ice Storm now has a 50 DD
Polar Rift now has a 75 DD
Ragnarok now has a 150 DD

- Wild Healing and Mastery of Healing are now available to Valkyries as Realm Abilities.

- Call of a Thousand Storms is now an instant cast spell.

- The Valkyrie style Sif's Revenge will now chain correctly off of the Ice storm style.

- Redeem from Valhalla no longer shares a recast timer with Call of a Thousand Storms.

NEW FRONTIERS WORLD NOTES

- The boat path from the dock near Hurbury to Nottmoor Faste has been fixed to drop you off near Nottmoor Faste rather than near Bledmeer Faste.

- The docks at Caer Benowyc and Bledmeer Faste have been moved back to their original position. Boat paths, NPCs, maps, and the like have been adjusted to accommodate the old dock locations.

- The dock at Dun Crauchon has been moved. It is now on the coast facing the island that Dun Crauchon is located on; this brings it in line with the position of the docks at Caer Benowyc and Bledmeer Faste. Boat paths, NPCs, the map, and the like have been adjusted to accommodate the new dock location.

- Keep lords are now worth a substantial amount of Master Level experience.

- (Pendragon Only) Cathal Valley has been slightly tweaked. Cathal Valley itself is now more threatening than ever and will require smart maneuvering tactics. Players now have the option to take the high ground route or the low ground route. Players will be unable to run up the hillside in the valley unless they are at the appropriate entry points.

- (Pendragon Only) Various ambient sounds and effects have been added to Cathal Valley.

Cathal Valley Battleground - General

- Each realm has sent out a contingent of guards to protect their portal keep in the new battleground of Cathal Valley.

- A basic monster population has been added to the new battleground, Cathal Valley. This population includes charmable monster camps for the classes that utilize charmed monsters.

- The gatehouse doors on the milegates have been changed from a standard door that will open to anyone to a realm specific door. This means players can use their realm specific doors at any time (just left or right click on the door when near it), but enemy realms must beat down the door to enter the gatehouse. The gatehouse doors are not upgradable and they will not repair themselves but they are repairable by players. This change will give players a safe spot to rest up while defending their milegate, but allows the enemy a chance to flush them out as well.

TRADESKILL NOTES

Armorcrafting and Tailoring

- Steeple hat, crown, circlet, and wreath patterns will now stack up to 200. The weight for these patterns has also been significantly reduced.

Alchemy

- The extraordinary behemoth potion will now stack up to 50.

Spellcrafting

- The etched aquamarine eye will now stack up to 50.

GENERAL WORLD NOTES

- All towers in the Bog of Cullen have had their artwork updated.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

General Notes

- Tinderboxes of various levels have been spread far and wide across classic zones on humanoid monsters of all levels.

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

General Notes

- Server channelers have been added to the Shrouded Isle primary cities near the portals: Caer Gothwaite, Aegirhamn and Domnann.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

General Notes

- Added a djinn stone and server channeler to the Ruins of Atlantis.

- Added a server channeler to Oceanus Haven.

Quest Notes - Aerus

- Cyclops' Eye Shield: Adjusted the 'bronzed guardian' and 'stone guardian' monsters to eliminate the chance that they go dormant while still engaged in combat. This fixes a rare bug where the guardians could go dormant and become unattackable during the course of an extended fight.

Quest Notes - Oceanus

- The Skyros Order, 30-39: The faction reward for this quest was increased. Players only need to complete the quest once to receive the required faction amount.

- The Skyros Order, 40-50: The faction reward for this quest was increased. Players only need to complete the quest once to receive the required faction amount.

- The Naxos Society, 30-39: The faction reward for this quest was increased. Players only need to complete the quest once to receive the required faction amount.

- The Naxos Society, 40-50: The faction reward for this quest was increased. Players only need to complete the quest once to receive the required faction amount.

Item Notes - General

- Artifact repair costs have been reduced by 50%.

- The underwater monsters in the classic zone revamps have been itemized for Albion and Hibernia. As well the itemization for Midgard's underwater monsters was modified to provide more variety. In addition, all three realm's underwater monsters have been added to the ROG and spellcrafting items loot tables that were added to certain mob types earlier in this patch cycle.

Item Notes - HIbernia

- Players may now trade the current version of Eirene's Chestpiece for an Empathy, Intelligence, or Strength version. Please see Artifact Scholar Elmer for this trade.

Item Notes - Midgard

- Players may now trade the current version of Eirene's Chestpiece for a Strength, Piety/Buff Bonus, Piety/Spell Range, or Charisma version. Please see Artifact Scholar Alaria for this trade.

Item Notes - Albion

- Players may now trade the current version of Eirene's Chestpiece for a Strength, Piety/Buff Bonus, Piety/Spell Range, or Charisma version. Please see Artifact Scholar Jarron for this trade.

Monster Notes - Hibernia

- Daewin, the trophy frog has moved from his perch on the bridge from Ardee to Basar. He can be found on the shore next to the bridge now to escape the patrolling guards' wrath.

CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES

Instanced Adventuring

- The boss monsters in the Darkspire instance are now worth a substantial amount of Master Level experience.

DARKNESS RISING WORLD NOTES

General Notes

- The Circle of Five are now worth a substantial amount of Master Level experience in addition to the MLXP gained from shepherding.

FOUNDATIONS WORLD NOTES

- Teleporters have been added near the Market Explorers in the Housing zones.

COOPERATIVE SERVER WORLD NOTES

- Keep lords have had their Master Level experience values increased.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Some woot-worthy stuff in there methinks, especially arti repair costs, the dock re-placement and the Eirene's Hauberk changes...

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
they really like adding dd procs on styles >.<. vals, vw's, thanes and so on

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Demon2k3 said:
they really like adding dd procs on styles >.<. vals, vw's, thanes and so on
I think it's just a ploy to make everyone get MOFocus2

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
cheaper artirepairs is nice, rest was kinda.. fluffy.. ow, the MLxpchange is nice too

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
Hunter

Thats hunters fixed :p

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
should've been done already VERY long ago imo

lets hope u can chain holy staff now and getting a bit healed from it, or it would be cool if it didnt overwrite itself when u do holy staff again :(

I hope the necro fix is a start from helping the necro in rvr

didnt rly have probs with mlxp tho

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Cheaper arti prices, COTs being insta and necro fix, the rest is spam and hardly noteworthy. Arti fix prices are changed because the TOA scroll and arti thing fucked the economy over.

Come on Mythic, give us something interesting, especially Thanes!

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
i am gonna be soooo fotm once again :(

Soon I will be forced to play necro and try and run in groups :D

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
This patch is fake, I have proof!!
Hunter

See? Hunters never get love!!! :p

My Favorites:
- Players are now worth more Master Level experience in RvR.

- The dock at Dun Crauchon has been moved. It is now on the coast facing the island that Dun Crauchon is located on; this brings it in line with the position of the docks at Caer Benowyc and Bledmeer Faste. Boat paths, NPCs, the map, and the like have been adjusted to accommodate the new dock location.

:clap:

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.84f Release Notes
New Battleground and Class Updates
June 8, 2006

Valkyrie

- The following changes have been made to Sword styles for Valkyries:

Ice Storm now has a 50 DD
Polar Rift now has a 75 DD
Ragnarok now has a 150 DD

Hello slam, ragnor, ragnor, ragnor, rp ....

Wtf is the point in giving us this ? we already have a 150pt dd proc off of odins deathblow side chain ... should have jsut lowered end cost than giving us a one part dd style... i can feel the fotmness seeping in :(

Gorbachioo said:
well atleast the valkyries are happy now :wanker:

and your calling Valkyries wankers why ?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Wish the thane/valk love wud fuckin stop...

Others classes need more love than them and yet they still pull out the 'we all love thane/valks' flags.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Ok valks needed loving before 1.83 but it's gone too far now.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Hunter

good change for hunters..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Rub said:
lets hope u can chain holy staff now and getting a bit healed from it, or it would be cool if it didnt overwrite itself when u do holy staff again :(

u got more styles then holy staff tho right? use them in between?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:
Wish the thane/valk love wud fuckin stop...

Others classes need more love than them and yet they still pull out the 'we all love thane/valks' flags.
LOL says the vamp! What Thane love? A parry style (try getting that off in RvR!) with a DD thats resisted 90% of the time, or the 12% energy debuff perhaps thats also resisted, and is a PBAE while we are shite easy interupted casters at the best of times. Dream world or what..

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
LOL says the vamp! What Thane love? A parry style (try getting that off in RvR!) with a DD thats resisted 90% of the time, or the 12% energy debuff perhaps thats also resisted, and is a PBAE while we are shite easy interupted casters at the best of times. Dream world or what..

They are getting the same dds on sword styles as valks.

(ragnarok with 150 dd) :twak:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, wait a second. They boosted castspeed and range for thanes and gave us a useless castable pbaoe debuff. They also gave us a reactive proc which debuffs.

They boosted axe and sword lines.

Now for valks they added the same boost to sword as thanes received without removing the valk specific styles. They also improved the spear styles and they tweaked the special shield styles of the valkyrie as well.

They added a mending specline as well as baseline to the class.

Somehow it feels like the thanes drew the much shorter straw of the two classes.

The part I'm most annoyed with is that they added a special wep style at 50SC, which has a huge disadvantage (being disarmed for 10sec even if the proc on the bloody style is resisted). Also the spells in SC lose alot of their effectivness when you are lower spec in the line (which you can't really say about valks mend line).

I want banelord atleast and dex as a second rising stat if I may. ^^

Corran

Part of the furniture
atos said:
Ok, wait a second. They boosted castspeed and range for thanes and gave us a useless castable pbaoe debuff. They also gave us a reactive proc which debuffs.

Now for valks they added the same boost to sword as thanes received without removing the valk specific styles. They also improved the spear styles and they tweaked the special shield styles of the valkyrie as well.

Somehow it feels like the thanes drew the much shorter straw of the two classes.

The part I'm most annoyed with is that they added a special wep style at 50SC, which has a huge disadvantage (being disarmed for 10sec even if the proc on the bloody style is resisted). Also the spells in SC lose alot of their effectivness when you are lower spec in the line (which you can't really say about valks mend line).

Yes because thanes are so weak as is....

A good thane can beat most classes out there, so many interupts to screw casters over, including longer range then a normal caster DD etc etc. But lets all pretend they are weak because someone wants to be even more overpowered then another class.

(Note, both Valks and thanes are going to be overpowered compared to alot of melee based classes (including hyrbids after this)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I wish Scalars would pop soon. Only arti left that my valk needs! :(

I agree though, there's a lot of love coming our way. Maybe even too much. They are handing out Leviathan to every one these days.
Thank god they dropped the whole 3rd ML line crap. Valks with Soj could be fun though. :p

Nice that they changed the docks the way they did though. :)

Light

Loyal Freddie
Svartmetall said:
FOUNDATIONS WORLD NOTES

- Teleporters have been added near the Market Explorers in the Housing zones.

you wouldn't belive how long i have been saying this should be done

so many buggers with their closed houses or open with no porter fookin annoying lol :)

Eyres

Banned
Pertan said:
Ok valks needed loving before 1.83 but it's gone too far now.

that valk love does shit to sword spec.... which is no none at all..... cluless ass

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Helpful comment:

Don't like the patch? Complain or fix it yourself then send the fix in

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:

True however Stormcalling has always been a better line than Odin's Will and Thanes still have a better chance to actually hit something than a Valk. Originally there was little difference between Valks and Thanes apart from CaE spells and breasts. Now they've made them into properly distinguishable classes finally.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Valks are about done now. They flat out needed more love than Thanes - nobody could argue that they weren't by far the weakest of the Catacombs classes - and it's been good to see that they actually got that love at last. Thanes needed love first, but Valkyries needed more love and have now rightfully got it. I'm still not sure whether Thanes are completely done and dusted - they're light years ahead of where they were, and a lot of fun to play, but they still don't have a group-specific thing they can bring to the table that will make a group say 'oh we need a Thane now'. But they are effective in RvR now...I've made 17K/hour on Nocturno Culto and had a blast doing it, too. Doomhammer alone doubled the fun factor of the Thane in RvR :D.

Ghastly little caster on tower balcony: Mwa-ha-ha! Now to vaporise the little plebs down below!
*caster starts waving hands*
Noble Thane: I don't think so, you pajama-wearing little ponce...
*BLAM*
*caster gets Dragonstorm in the face*
Ghastly caster: Uuuurrghhhh
*caster falls over*

The Valk is now a real Swiss army knife of a character - the spec options for valks after 1.84 are going to be utterly insane, there's literally 20+ different ways you can spec one; many Valks are rolling a second Valk because of this, myself included. One for 50 Spear/50 Odin's Will, the other for Sword'n'heal. But at least the delineation between the two classes is now pretty clear:

Thane - all-out pure offensive hybrid.

Valkyrie - interrupter/healer with melee on the side.

Anyone saying Thanes or Valkyries are 'overpowered' really needs to look at some of the other classes out there and get a reality check. A high RR Valkyrie played well and with good equipment will be a lethal anti-caster tool; but then a high RR caster is insta-death to many, many other classses too (and almost everyone of lesser RR). Look at a Valkyrie, then look at a Bainshee or a Sorc. It'll be pretty clear where the 'overpowered' sign is pointing then. And if people think Valks got too much love, how about Wardens? They got an extra spec line and - unlike the Valkyrie - extra points to put into it, and are now capable of the ultra-cheesy Grapple + TWF3 routine. And the average carton of yoghurt will still have more WS than a Valkyrie :D.

The Hunter...damn, that class needs major, major love. There are still quite a lot of things in Midgard that need some fixing, to be sure, but the Hunter's the one that really needs it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom