1.84C - Valewalker love

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:
Thane, valk and valevalker changes are way way over the top in solo/small group fights.

Do you have any experience with that, or are you just whining?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:

Thane is very very powerful toon in skirmish fights now. The only "melee" toon i hate fighting (as caster) with a vengance is the thane.. reason for this is that i cant actually nuke them because their range is > mine :( and they got insta's etc to make it more difficult

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
Thane is very very powerful toon in skirmish fights now. The only "melee" toon i hate fighting (as caster) with a vengance is the thane.. reason for this is that i cant actually nuke them because their range is > mine :( and they got insta's etc to make it more difficult

say hello to the valk with charge next week :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
xxManiacxx said:
say hello to the valk with charge next week :D

Valks only run about in zergs most time, so wont really bother me :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
What I hate most about these recent patches is that they gave Thanes luv, with decent weapon styles, but then gave a class that was almost identical so much luv it makes you want to puke, so once again Thanes are the least luvd toons in mid. We still lack group utility, valks already had group abs buff, this is another example of how Mythic fuck balance issues.

Nate

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
What I hate most about these recent patches is that they gave Thanes luv, with decent weapon styles, but then gave a class that was almost identical so much luv it makes you want to puke, so once again Thanes are the least luvd toons in mid. We still lack group utility, valks already had group abs buff, this is another example of how Mythic fuck balance issues.

i would say savages are a lot lower in the food chain then thanes now, no one plays them..as opposed to thanes nowadays..you should be happy thanes got something...

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
new bg seems nice tho, much more equal now, no rr5-ra's and no high rr's.
would prolly activate to try this out :]

Everz

FH is my second home
MaditioN said:
new bg seems nice tho, much more equal now, no rr5-ra's and no high rr's.
would prolly activate to try this out :]

and OF.. this place sounds like heaven ;D

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
old.Whoodoo said:
Er...Valks don't have a group Abs buff...they have a group offensive proc buff.

And I think the Mend line will definitely emphasise the difference between Thanes and Valkyries. Thanes are pretty much pure damage, all-out offensive hybrids; Valks (come next patch) are interrupter/healers with some melee damage on the side. The zeitgeist on VN is to have Valk in a melee group, Thane in a caster group, although to be honest there's going to be so many ways to spec a Valkyrie I wouldn't want to try and define one role for them. The single biggest problem Thanes and Valkyries will have in getting groups is the obstinate refusal of some people to accept that they really are viable and useful classes now.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Svartmetall said:
Er...Valks don't have a group Abs buff...they have a group offensive proc buff.

not entirely true
they are getting that magical ablative chant thing, similair to the shee one but delves for about 1/20 the amount, hence why i respeced mine to 50 OW a while ago ;)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Mabs said:
not entirely true
they are getting that magical ablative chant thing, similair to the shee one but delves for about 1/20 the amount, hence why i respeced mine to 50 OW a while ago ;)
So...it's not a group Abs buff, then :p

Mabs

Svartmetall said:
So...it's not a group Abs buff, then :p

Herald spell list said:
Buff (Magical Ablative Armor)
Adds to the target's hit points temporarily (which are used to absorb magic damage, up to 25% of each individual hit).
Level Name Target Cast/Duration/Recast Range/Radius Effect Cost
30 Odin's Faith Group 0s/6s per pulse/8s 1500 range 25 Magical 0
40 Odin's Virtue Group 0s/6s per pulse/8s 1500 range 40 0
50 Odin's Temperance Group 0s/6s per pulse/8s 1500 range 70 0

hush now silly troll :fluffle:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
He didn't specify magical...and he said it was something Valks already had.

:cheers:

Mabs

Svartmetall said:
He didn't specify magical...and he said it was something Valks already had.

:cheers:

they do in the US :kissit:

:fluffle: :p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:

We dont know yet about VW and Valk in practice, but I can already imagine Thane to be OP in small-fights/solo-fights. Already thanes are formable opponents due to high ranged casting, Doomhammer + Grapple-tactics, Grapple+CB. Adding Levi-style Ragnarok wont make that any better for the enemy tbh :p

Valewalkers will get access to instant-disease, PBAE-root (based on a style), lifetap and Immolation (a new lifetap with more healing-power for the VW) and Levi-style in 2nd anytime-chain = will be quite sick in 1vs1.

Valkyre is already a tough fight (imo) and adding heals which, according to VNBoards, can keep a Spear Valk alive against a lvl 65+ mob is... well stupidly OP in 1vs1?

Im sure most people knew those classes needed love, but they needed a different kind of love IMO. VW will not get into groups more easily due to the changes, which is WHAT we needed, IMO.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Valks will be insane in 1on1 and PvE with these changes.

Who needs a sum sm?

3 valks +aug/mend healer for the dragon?

Nate

FH is my second home
xxManiacxx said:
Valks will be insane in 1on1 and PvE with these changes.

Who needs a sum sm?

3 valks +aug/mend healer for the dragon?
are you repeating yourself or did i just read that twice? :p would be nice if valks are gonna be good in pve, something else to take our minds off of pet spam

Tierce_

Fledgling Freddie
'Frontal-> Grasping roots -> Conflagration

- Grasping Roots is now available at Spec 34 in Scythe and has a 10 second PBAE Root.

- Conflagration now procs a 150 DD spell.'

It'll be fun to see how GR works as a frontal positional in a group.

I can imagine having an assist train on me, turning around and doing the chain, leaving the entire /assist train AoE root/snared.. especially with no mention of immunity timers.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom