1.84 - letter from the producer

aslird

Fledgling Freddie
1.84 - New Battleground, Class Updates, and More

Camelot is the premier Realm vs. Realm MMO on the market today. As part of our commitment to RvR, we have recently polled our customers, with many of the popular RvR enhancement ideas. Our goal is to focus resources on these ideas throughout the remainder of the year. Some concepts will come to fruition much more quickly, such as a new battleground we plan to test and release this patch.

New Level 45-49 BG: In this version, we will deploy our final battleground, covering levels 45-49, lower Realm Ranks, and lower Master Levels. Currently, players in these ranges are frustrated by the inability to get groups and participate in New Frontiers RvR, and we plan to put out a single zone battleground to allow them to participate in RvR.

Underwater areas: In our last patch we added underwater adventuring in Midgard’s homeland, and in this patch we are deploying the same to Hibernia and Albion.

Since version 1.81, we have adjusted nineteen classes, in many cases making very significant changes. In this version, we are taking a step back, to assess the impact of all of these changes as a whole, and refine these adjustments as needed. In many (but not all) cases, we feel that we did not increase a class’s abilities enough, and we will be making additional improvements.

Master Level lines: Since the launch of ToA, some master level lines were not perfectly suited to the classes that had them. If we swapped out Master Level lines, we would be taking away a choice from our players, which is never an ideal solution. In this version, rather than swapping out Master Level lines, we plan to offer every class an additional choice of a third existing Master Level line.

Bolts: The bolt classes in the game have often struggled to find the proper role for these spells. While originally designed as opening gambits, the movement speed of modern RvR has significantly diminished this utility. In addition, bolts fail as standoff spells, as players cannot rely on bolts to hit opponents who are in combat. In this version, we plan to reduce the cast timers on bolts to allow them to be used as combat openers once again. We also plan to alter the ‘target in combat’ restrictions for bolts, allowing players to use these spells in standoff situations.

As always, we will have many other additions and changes to the patch, including work on tradeskills and quests.

from www.camelotherald.com

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Master Level lines: Since the launch of ToA, some master level lines were not perfectly suited to the classes that had them. If we swapped out Master Level lines, we would be taking away a choice from our players, which is never an ideal solution. In this version, rather than swapping out Master Level lines, we plan to offer every class an additional choice of a third existing Master Level line

Intresting :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Ho hum, improved, easier to shoot bolts. Like we really need more caster damage ingame. Bolts have long cooldown periods for the simple fact that they can do truly sick amounts of damage against some targets - Bolt love is a pure caster DPS boost.

As for the master lines - don't give me the choice of a third crappy one, but give me an archery based master line to begin with.

Another Battleground - nice idea, but I fear it's a waste of resources. It'll be deserted before it's put ingame.

If this is what 1.84 is all about, then I can't say it's making my heart is thumping with anticipation.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
All classes can now pick stormlord as a choice of master level lines!

I am a bit concerned about this ML thing.

Like basically whether or not they open up banelord or warlord to archers and assasins. I just cba with things becoming a battle of whos got warguard up etc.

------------

also they havent talk about archery, "the" most neglected gimped offensive line in the game. something has to break on this soon I wish they would just get stuck in.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Bolts: The bolt classes in the game have often struggled to find the proper role for these spells. While originally designed as opening gambits, the movement speed of modern RvR has significantly diminished this utility. In addition, bolts fail as standoff spells, as players cannot rely on bolts to hit opponents who are in combat. In this version, we plan to reduce the cast timers on bolts to allow them to be used as combat openers once again.

lol, bolts already have 0.0001 cast time? ;o

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Valewalkers will get Banelord
Valkyries will get perfector

That´s my 2 guesses atleast

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Mincers will get banelord is my guess ;) class should have had it from start tbh ..

could be nice if they could look at archers imo, they boost assains but forgets the arhcers so they are pretty much rp fodder if your arnt rr7 +

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
Ho hum, improved, easier to shoot bolts. Like we really need more caster damage ingame. Bolts have long cooldown periods for the simple fact that they can do truly sick amounts of damage against some targets - Bolt love is a pure caster DPS boost.

As for the master lines - don't give me the choice of a third crappy one, but give me an archery based master line to begin with.

Another Battleground - nice idea, but I fear it's a waste of resources. It'll be deserted before it's put ingame.

If this is what 1.84 is all about, then I can't say it's making my heart is thumping with anticipation.
Couldnt put it better, Im seeing lots of fluff and little actual fixes for existing problems or decent changes to anything. As for the back step on changes already made, once again the hand giveth and taketh away, makes you wonder if their testing actually is doing anything at all or if they are just taking guesses down the pub.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The bolt 'target in combat' problem needed addressing, the cast timers weren't a serious issue really. I kind of gave up on my eldritch after a few days RvR where 80% of my targets ended up being 'target in combat' and I had exposed myself to get into line of sight only to be told by the engine that I couldn't cast, 5 seconds later my eld is dead because I couldn't even interupt the enemy attacking me. A class shouldn't need MoC just to survive because the bolt code is a mess.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
give runemasters sojouner line tbh!
(oh and now im realy glad i respecced my rm to RC) :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Be interesting to see where they take the MLs then.

Think mani is correct in the valk/vw debate, heretic be something stupid like warlord/battlemaster or just gimped stormlord :p

They really shouldnt think "oh no we cant take that out now it been in awhile" and just go "We have to take it out because it unbalanced and it only way can fix it"

At this rate we going to end up groups having everyone running with banelord no matter class and just healing classes having perfector :(

Corran

Part of the furniture
Gotmagi said:
Givf Banelord or Warlord to thane plz =)

Can see it now.

Random person see's unbuffed 2handed thane
Random person thinks haha easy rp's
Thane banespikes and 1 shots random person thanks to OP style DD :p

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
A 45-49 BG would be really nice im0.. there's a lot of people who can't find a group / can't be bothered to wait ages and at lvl 49 you could wear lvl 50 SC with artifact template.. and you would face much lower RR opponents!1

If Savages get Banelord I will cry :(

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
aslird said:
Master Level lines: Since the launch of ToA, some master level lines were not perfectly suited to the classes that had them. If we swapped out Master Level lines, we would be taking away a choice from our players, which is never an ideal solution. In this version, rather than swapping out Master Level lines, we plan to offer every class an additional choice of a third existing Master Level line.[/url]
That could make a huge change to all RvR dynamics especially FG setups, I hope they've thought it through well.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Gungo said:
Savage - banelord?? i wonder??!!??

nah just give everyone banelord so its nice and even
or just valks + healers , im easy :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
casters people complain about:
bonedancers, spiritmasters, warlocks, sorcerers, cabalists, bainshees, enchanters, eldritches, mentalists

only one of those has a bolt ;)

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
bonedancers, spiritmasters, warlocks, sorcerers, cabalists, bainshees, enchanters, eldritches, mentalists

if cabba's go matter spec they get a bolt ;).

out of instrest.
Mid, healer/shaman/warlock.valkry
Hib, Bard/Druid/warden/Mentalist
Alb, Cleric/Friar/Heretic

will we get another healer, or will you finally fecking improve clerics to be more usefull than a fecking valkrie!!!!

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

warlock caba bainshee eld ? :p

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Mauness said:
if cabba's go matter spec they get a bolt ;)

ORLY ?

lol66.JPG

You might want to re think that.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
woot that might mean my 48 curse warlock can actually hit somthing with that 419 odd delve bolt :D

Nate

FH is my second home
Mauness said:
if cabba's go matter spec they get a bolt ;).

out of instrest.
Mid, healer/shaman/warlock.valkry
Hib, Bard/Druid/warden/Mentalist
Alb, Cleric/Friar/Heretic

will we get another healer, or will you finally fecking improve clerics to be more usefull than a fecking valkrie!!!!

baseline buff classes:

Hib, Bard druid warden
Alb cleric friar heretic
Mid healer shaman

will we get a buff class? or maybe even a pet spammer? :eek: don't think so

warlocks won't get a group / doesnt heal for much at all anymore due to all the nerfs :) and who groups a mentalist?

the amount a bolt is able to miss in this patch is stupid its like 70% of the time, will be pretty nice to have it as a working part of the game again. unlike bow which works ;o but is in need of some changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom