1.83 Albion Tank Group Setups discussion

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Galaha said:
why a friar? you have cl resist now :d

because 24% > 10%

and friar have alot of nice tools

venement healing, statis tempest, rr5 6sec disarm, zo'arkat, throw weapon, instant taunt, BG, some melee damage, some times take the heat off casters for looking like one, defensive heal proc, end use reduction buff, resists.

just some of the things i could come up with now, might not be alot more, but its still good :D

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Zagg said:
erm... no demezzer?
pff i was hoping someone would say wtf no sorc?!?! :p

ye i thought of the demezz problem a while after i posted it, drop the mercs for armsmen ;)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Galaha said:
1 cleric
2 cleric
3 sorc
4 pally
5 merc
6 merc
7 arms
8 1 spot free oeoeoe

8th spot to cabby or theurg, yes nice-ish. but the problem with mercs tho is once BLs are down they are dead meat.

which is why reaver/heretic make better banelords, they can still interrupt ok while waiting for BL timers and have toys that heal :)

was having a disussion about this in vent a few days ago and someone said "reaver/heretic are much easier trapped (ie too far for heals etc) than a merc (with charge up)" but fact is it doesnt matter if they get trapped cos they wont insta-die with BLs down.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Lorimez Shadowblade said:
I still enjoy the non fotm grps that people run

odd grp setups can work rly well cos the enemy have to think on thier toes for a formula to beat it. rather than thinking "sorc/caba grp inc" etc which they already know how to play against and possibly built thier setup specifically to beat the most common grp setups...

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I think the look either of either -

Tank Damage:
- Cleric, cleric, split-spec sorc
- Theurg (any spec)
- 2h pally (BG)
- Armsman
- Merc/reaver (BL)
- Heretic (BL and levi) / 2h Armsman

Theurg and sorc play pure interrupts, pally BGs theurg initially then goes offensive if possible. Arms and merc/reaver go pure damage but BL for initial interrupts, heretic plays interrupts and damage where possible. If the casters + BL manage interrupts ok which they should, then swap heretic for second arms, taking more advantage of celerity.

Hybrid:
- Cleric, cleric, body sorc
- Theurg (45/21/21) or Cabby
- Friar (BG)
- Merc/Reaver (BL)
- Merc
- Heretic/Reaver (BL)

Tanks play interrupts or damage depending on enemy group. Theurg plays interrupts but assist nukes when possible, should be easier with 3 BLs, or swap for cabby and nearsight + debuff nuke, sorc plays mainly damage. Tanks spread out BLs, 2-3 assist as damage and third plays interrupts if needed.

Mufasa

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone seems too just be talking about pala's as a celerity bot but shirley this is gunna be quite useful too :

- The following chants have been added to the Paladin's Chant line:

30 Barrier of Faith: 0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 25 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
40 Barrier of Virtue:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 40 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
50 Barrier of Temperance:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 70 Magical Ablative, Group buff.

:eek6:

Zede

Part of the furniture
Javai said:
Is the only reason for choosing Mercs over Reavers charge? Does the additional aoe interupts (you dont need BL up) and TWF counter the lack of charge.

Not that I ever run anything vaguely resembling a prebuilt group but I dont understand the lack of reavers.

Yes.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Is the only reason for choosing Mercs over Reavers charge? Does the additional aoe interupts (you dont need BL up) and TWF counter the lack of charge.

Not that I ever run anything vaguely resembling a prebuilt group but I dont understand the lack of reavers.

an the lack of stoicism ?

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
cant you just get by with purge 3 and use it for roots/stuns

P

Pretarded

Golly said:
cant you just get by with purge 3 and use it for roots/stuns
root/stun/mezz
if ur grp is extending u get stunned you have two options
a) get nuked and die
b) purge it and get rooted and left behind
purge3 is cool, but det5+stoicism+charge is way better :s

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Mufasa said:
Everyone seems too just be talking about pala's as a celerity bot but shirley this is gunna be quite useful too :

- The following chants have been added to the Paladin's Chant line:

30 Barrier of Faith: 0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 25 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
40 Barrier of Virtue:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 40 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
50 Barrier of Temperance:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 70 Magical Ablative, Group buff.

:eek6:

Not really? Even with 50% resists up a couple of assisting casters will pwn you through this without stopping to think.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Double Merc is not smart in my opinion. Most of the time a Merc will run behind a target when charge is down where a Reaver/Armsman has it slammed and a Tic snared.

It all boils down to the Banelords and Heretics are the better Banelords.

People saying a group without a Friar or a Cabba is a joke group could elaborate this? I think Cabba is a good class but never was mandatory for me and Friar well if you ask me it's a class that has zero damage and zero interrupts and DAoC is mostly about it, it has in comparison to other BG classes no slam and the red resists... Well, you can rely on the resists or rely on someone interrupting the enemy casters.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Double Merc is not smart in my opinion. Most of the time a Merc will run behind a target when charge is down where a Reaver/Armsman has it slammed and a Tic snared.

It all boils down to the Banelords and Heretics are the better Banelords.

People saying a group without a Friar or a Cabba is a joke group could elaborate this? I think Cabba is a good class but never was mandatory for me and Friar well if you ask me it's a class that has zero damage and zero interrupts and DAoC is mostly about it, it has in comparison to other BG classes no slam and the red resists... Well, you can rely on the resists or rely on someone interrupting the enemy casters.

With a decent template friar offers some ranged interupts/fumble/miscast plus RR5 6 second disarm. Coupled with the resists and endu reduction buffs as well as the new health proc and with high enough rejuv the ability to heal well and the group Insta heal RA and he can whip out his staff if needed i dont think friars can be written off so easily. wouldn't say a group without one was a joke group tho.

lynetje

Fledgling Freddie
i see on all stats that all have 2 cleric s is that both reju or can a smite cleric join in the fun there i have set my spec for 44 smite and 31 reju
and i am ml 10 warlord so can defend and kill single and double hibs or mids and its fun to see if they think they get easy realm points out of a cleric

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
lynetje said:
i see on all stats that all have 2 cleric s is that both reju or can a smite cleric join in the fun there i have set my spec for 44 smite and 31 reju
and i am ml 10 warlord so can defend and kill single and double hibs or mids and its fun to see if they think they get easy realm points out of a cleric

Then they shear you and the train is on your other Cleric and you cast like 1 heal every 5 secs :(
Smite was fun pre nerf, Purge on a 30 min timer so your mez and stun wouldn't be insta purged every battle but in today's RvR theres (imo) no place for a smite Cleric.
But hey if you enjoy playing Smite Cleric you should as in the end it's all about having fun anyway ;)

Martok

Part of the furniture
well tbh for 7 months mani and i were in a group with no NS and we did blody well tbh!

my opinion is

Cleric - 42 enhance
Cleric - high rejuve
Sorc - Mind/body
Merc - Banelord ofc
Reaver - Is always good interupt
Pally - Celerity bot + 2h dmg
Friar - BG/Reists/end reduction
Misc Caster/tank

this i think would work best for alb with tank interupts for bged targets (reaver) and with the misc spot can work well with any caster

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom