1.82g, Respecs for Thane, Friar, Bainshee, Warlock, Infiltrator, Shadowblade and NS

illu

Part of the furniture
Not really sure what to make of these changes:

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2334.shtml

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.82g Release Notes
Class Changes and Cross Cluster Guilds and Alliances
February 9, 2006

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- The delve information for Testudo, when delved on Gaheris, has been changed so that it does not denote that it works on realm enemies. However, on all other servers, it still denotes that it does indeed work only on realm enemies.

- Spells or styles, including bleeds, slows, hinders and stuns, now properly display the effect inflicted in delves.

- There is a new inventory icon for TOA Artifact Cloaks.

- Based on feedback from our players and team leads, the number of kills necessary in order to earn titles for the Realm dragons, Legion of Darkness Falls, and Shrouded Isles epic monsters has been standardized and reduced.

- (Pendragon Only) Fixed issues with the new Legion player titles.

- (Pendragon Only) Fixed a bug relating to the use of certain backup combat styles in certain situations.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

General Class Notes

- Subclassing spells, Rise of Hurt and Rise of Pain, are now correctly self-only damage shield spells.

- The following classes have been given a forced skill respec upon login: Thane, Friar, Bainshee, Warlock, Infiltrator, Shadowblade or Nightshade.

Bainshee

- FAE dropoff for bainshee spells will now begin at 100% when dropping off, not 50%.

Friar

- The Fatigue Cost Reduction spells, Saint's Energy, Saint's Stamina, Saint's Persistence and Saint's Tenacity, are now group buffs.

Ranger

- Icons of the Ranger Champion Weapons have been updated to better reflect damage type.

Warden

- Wardens can now get Mastery of Blocking as a Realm Ability.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

General World Notes

- The hasteners at the primary border keeps (Sauvage, Ligen, and Svasud) have been moved slightly. You can find them down the hill from each border keep entrance at the rock that divides the paths into the Relic area and the Frontier proper.

Hibernia Monster Notes

- (Pendragon Only Bug Fix) Dergan scouts that stealth will now properly unstealth when attacked.

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

Midgard Monster Notes

- Issorden in Tuscaran Glacier has had its aggression radius lowered to help players get to the encounter easier.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Item Notes - General

- The hammer versions of Battler and Malice, the axe versions of Traitor's Dagger and the Crocodile's Tooth, and the Scythe version of the Spear of Kings have been returned to their original forms.

What does that mean for bainshees and wardens?

Oli - Illu

Void959

Fledgling Freddie

I wouldn't mind getting that 'bug fix' tbh ;)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Friar

- The Fatigue Cost Reduction spells, Saint's Energy, Saint's Stamina, Saint's Persistence and Saint's Tenacity, are now group buffs.

Nice :)

And moving hasteners \o/

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:

I wouldn't mind getting that 'bug fix' tbh ;)

afaik everyone who can spec in shield skill has access to mastery of blocking.. wardens got shield skill, they got the ra.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Well with this new friar change paladin is even more less needed ;p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:

THE QUEST FOR WORLD DOMINATION IS NIGH!

1053.jpg

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:

yeah 25% fatigue reduction makes end regen 5 unuseful at all.

1050 af with end 5 + 2*150 heals(double triple heal chant) >> leather armor and 20% extra fatigue + single heals(if you look carefully at the new heal procs on friar staff you can notice that you wont see it ever in rvr.. the nice ones are evade opening and 3rd in chain etc..good for pve tho)

well, we could argue about this but the thing is, neither is OP to the other, both have advantages.

Chimaira said:

Yah would be nice if mythic instead of making new expansions would deticate all thier money and time to make a game that isn't fucked up balance wise on so many areas.

With DR casters damage was reduced by 10% but that affected LWs, mezz and other minor things that didn't need to get nerfed, obvious that mythic know that if they went out officially and nerfed casters damage with 10-20% they been hung.

Amazing how that company after 4.5 years really got no clue what so ever.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Is that an extremist friar? :(

rep hunter deluxe eggy :clap:

I was going to post a picture of a certain radical extremist in the news recently...

But I thought it would be in bad taste :p

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Item Notes - General

- The hammer versions of Battler and Malice, the axe versions of Traitor's Dagger and the Crocodile's Tooth, and the Scythe version of the Spear of Kings have been returned to their original forms.
lol why? that's just ridiculous!:eek2:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Copied from VNboards.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

General Class Notes

- Subclassing spells, Rise of Hurt and Rise of Pain, are now correctly self-only damage shield spells.

- The following classes have been given a forced skill respec upon login: Thane, Friar, Bainshee, Warlock, Infiltrator, Shadowblade or Nightshade.

Bainshee

- FAE dropoff for bainshee spells will now begin at 100% when dropping off, not 50%.

Friar

Ranger

- Icons of the Ranger Champion Weapons have been updated to better reflect damage type.

Warden

- Wardens can now get Mastery of Blocking as a Realm Ability

Thanes

- Thanes now get the shaft.

A

Aoln

when are you ever going to stfu about thanes?

theyre a lot better than many classes after boosts

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Friar

Needed for alb groups tbh, quite a nice change really :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
yeah 25% fatigue reduction makes end regen 5 unuseful at all.

1050 af with end 5 + 2*150 heals(double triple heal chant) >> leather armor and 20% extra fatigue + single heals(if you look carefully at the new heal procs on friar staff you can notice that you wont see it ever in rvr.. the nice ones are evade opening and 3rd in chain etc..good for pve tho)

well, we could argue about this but the thing is, neither is OP to the other, both have advantages.
I'd like to see you twist all the time while BG'ing/grappling/slamming etc. I, for one, and I thought I wasn't the only one, usually just stick to end chant in fg rvr, and without actually running purple af chant you won't make 1050 af, 900-950 would be closer, tho obviously still high, and heal chan't won't be used, and even if used, it's of little effect on someone getting assisted or nuked for 500 dmg/second.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
I'd like to see you twist all the time while BG'ing/grappling/slamming etc. I, for one, and I thought I wasn't the only one, usually just stick to end chant in fg rvr, and without actually running purple af chant you won't make 1050 af, 900-950 would be closer, tho obviously still high, and heal chan't won't be used, and even if used, it's of little effect on someone getting assisted or nuked for 500 dmg/second.

i twist heal, resists and end while doing the above mentioned too(not slamming tho - it just gives the banelord tanks stun immunity so they can spam ml6(?)).. even with cleric spec af i got 980 fyi. sure, 300 heal / 8 sec aint gonna save anyone against a warlock, but handy against ae dds or ae dots, or bainshee ae cons..

i find that if you have hard time finding groups, you'll do your best and press 20 buttons/sec if needed.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
would you mind naming at least 1 ?

Necromancers, Valkyries, Heretics (arguable), Valewalkers.
But then again you should say what you define as 'better', More damage, More utility, More chance to be grouped? it's all subjective.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
lol why? that's just ridiculous!:eek2:

cause they looked like crap and you had a hard time sitting on your chair from laughing so hard after seeing the new models?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
would you mind naming at least 1 ?

Valkyries?
Necromancers?
Valewalkers?

Ppl should stfu about thanes now tbh. They got good MLs, good RAs and good abilities.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tanks will still need regen pots to play with a friar in the group, so it won't make that much difference tbh.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
friar change is nice, means alb grps running no pally can have ~red end with a std pot. pally needs 2k radius end chant now...

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
friar change is nice, means alb grps running no pally can have ~red end with a std pot.

Well, not really red end. Sprinting will still make endurance go down (especially if people haven't specced in LW), but will be compensated by end used for styles I guess.

I spec LW2 as there's fook all decent paladins around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom