1.81b icm classic servers

should Goa continue with the classic servers? or concentrate on 1.81b?

• Forget both classics, and implement 1.81b ASAP

Votes: 148 47.6%
  • Forget one classic, and implement 1.81b ASAP

Votes: 28 9.0%
  • Continue with the classics, but do implement 1.81b ASAP

Votes: 61 19.6%
  • Forget both classics, and please forget 1.81b

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Forget one classic, and please forget 1.81b

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Continue with both classics, but please forget 1.81b

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • I don't give a rat's arse, stop making stupid polls

Votes: 32 10.3%
  • doom d00m etc

Votes: 32 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Is there still a need for classic servers ?

I mean, with all the changes proposed to 1.81, why bother with classic servers ?

Almost every argument to move to classic has been destroyed.

Why turn the existing servers in even bigger ghost towns by spreading the few people over even more servers ?

If this patch would have come 6 months ago, mythic would not have needed bothering with classic servers imho.

Seems like now you can toa a char in virtually the same time it would take to equip someone with DS gear.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
/agreed. Just keep one of them and use the other one for a co-op!

<runs>

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Here's teh thing, and there's no getting away from it really...

People pushing for classic servers are basically wishing for the return of the good old days when the game was at the height of its popularity. I doubt it is as good as many of us seem to remember but memories are like that, always exagerated over the months/years...

Yes, it is getting easier to ToA, whether or not that's a good thing is debatable but thre's no denying that ToA radically changes the feel of the class with a lot of toys to make life easier...

To be honest, I suspect that old classic servers will be a lot more challenging PvE wise than many people realise but that in itself could be a good thing. I suspect that the PvE freaks amongst us will love the server for the added challenge it will probably bring...

The main reason I want a classic server? Variation. The one draw back we have on cluster is the loss of ability to play differing realms. A lot of people (myself included) miss the chance to roll new realms on alternate servers when we get bored. Giving classic gives us back that possibility at least without having to activate new account(s).

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Dakkath said:
The main reason I want a classic server? Variation. The one draw back we have on cluster is the loss of ability to play differing realms. A lot of people (myself included) miss the chance to roll new realms on alternate servers when we get bored. Giving classic gives us back that possibility at least without having to activate new account(s).

I guess i am fortunate (unlike 95% of english people) to speak dutch, german, english, french, and a bit of spanish... Servers enough to try diff realms really.

One of my points is that at a time when population on english servers dropped to a point where they had to merge the two english servers to prevent the two servers from turning into ghost towns, making a third english server and thus further spreading the few players doesn`t make sense to me. They might aswell delete prydwin and charcopy everyone to excall first.:eek6:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Retro never works. didnt for me. and I was cashing in rps like a madman on my vamp. ~2 weeks for rr6+ etc >.<

Classic servers becomes pure rvr servers after a few weeks so I dont know why PvErs yells OMG NICE. cause there is nothing to farm and sell and the such basically its an quite nice fast way to get your guild grp to rvr.

New ToA changes makes it faster to get rdy than it does doing CAtacombs

Tilda

Its worth noting that mythic themselves calls them alternate ruleset servers.
For me the attraction is no BB's, I always quite enjoyed the ML aspect of ToA.
I dont think its necessarily true to say that all players who go there are after servers that mimic the old days.

Serosh

Fledgling Freddie
For starters, let's see how the ToA tweaks are gonna work out, so many people acting like ToA suddenly becomes an area where a nekkid luri wielding a 2 day old baguette can solo Malice or something.

Anyway, there can still be a few arguments

No buffbots in RvR is a bonus for those who can't duallog or don't have 2 accounts

No FZ, reaverbomb and other "IWIN" abilities, yes there are still some, but a lot less at least, casters don't have brittle guards or precience nodes and are thus again vulnerable enough to justify their high damage output. NO ML9 PETS.

Less pressure, if you don't feel like going on a DS raid tonight, you won't have to wait another month 'till the next one swings by. No scrollfarming/artifact xping at all.

A min/maxed template will give you an edge, but it's not a must, no 20p for a must-have item.

Sidi/TG raids without perfectors for those who enjoy a PvE challenge.

Quite a few people don't think classic as a "rollback"-server, mythic sure as hell didn't intend it as such, they called it "alternative ruleset", the term "classic" was adopted by vnboard and mythic decided to take it over, I went there to get away from the timesink AND the abilities that were introduced in ToA

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I don't think there was ever a case for classic "alternative rule set servers". Waste of Mythic's time, they should have been producing patches like this earlier rather than fannying around with half-breed versions of thier game.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Kami said:
Personally I don't think there was ever a case for classic "alternative rule set servers". Waste of Mythic's time, they should have been producing patches like this earlier rather than fannying around with half-breed versions of thier game.

<thumbs-up icon>

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Its worth noting that mythic themselves calls them alternate ruleset servers.
For me the attraction is no BB's, I always quite enjoyed the ML aspect of ToA.
I dont think its necessarily true to say that all players who go there are after servers that mimic the old days.

but they dont even Mimic the old days. :/ give Classic server or even just a normal server with my Spell Craft... would make the game more intresting

Gamah

Banned
Classic servers are not what 90% of people are hoping they will be.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
I mean, with all the changes proposed to 1.81, why bother with classic servers ?

Almost every argument to move to classic has been destroyed.

Why turn the existing servers in even bigger ghost towns by spreading the few people over even more servers ?

If this patch would have come 6 months ago, mythic would not have needed bothering with classic servers imho.

Seems like now you can toa a char in virtually the same time it would take to equip someone with DS gear.

So all the 'it was great back in the good old days` whiners can fook off Excal (cough vodka).....

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Serosh said:
For starters, let's see how the ToA tweaks are gonna work out, so many people acting like ToA suddenly becomes an area where a nekkid luri wielding a 2 day old baguette can solo Malice or something.

hehehe - brought back memories of 200 ppl in fancy dress doing eggy's ml raids :) and Muylaetrix u are a god - man u making groovie sense....

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
moving there too.

no speedwarps, brittle gaurds, no op casters. Dark age of tankalot ftw :worthy:

No retarded mls no arties no arties exp no scrolls god its heaven for me :m00:

and no BB :clap:

and no /level 20 wich means more low level groups.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
still,

warlocks, caoe,...:touch:

all the stuff you mention is available to EVERYONE who tries,:cheers:

the retardedly OP catacombs classes are only available to any FOTM rerollers, even on classic. probably even worse on classic than on any other server. classic sucks and is a short term fix for stuff they are only NOW are starting to adress in 1.81.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
yearly.png

this graph says no.

and yes, catacomb classes are overpowered on classic server, vampiir with selfbuffs on a server where buffbots are not an option... stupid.

Braleden

Fledgling Freddie
I was really looking forward to classic until the new ToA patch and now iam not that bothered, will use it for some hib toons as i have mid and alb on english cluster.
Why are buffbots not a option on classic? they will just be stuck to players butt's instead of outside portal keeps, they need to be made in group only buffs and on a range limit.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Braleden said:
I was really looking forward to classic until the new ToA patch and now iam not that bothered, will use it for some hib toons as i have mid and alb on english cluster.
Why are buffbots not a option on classic? they will just be stuck to players butt's instead of outside portal keeps, they need to be made in group only buffs and on a range limit.
Then you just group your buffbot and give it DI3. :p
In the end, people with buffbots still dominate, no matter how much you nerf em without taking it out or screwing over the clerics.

Umpaidh

Fledgling Freddie
Braleden said:

Buffs on classic are in group only.
play there on US.

RvR is fun, lots going on everywhere, keeps changing hands all the time in all 3 realms.

PvE is good there as well, lots of groups around at all lvls, since moving there 2 months ago, been on galla raid, dragon raid and champ dungeon raids.

DS raids go on all the time.

Reading other posts on here, people make it seem like you still have to grind in cata to be able to RvR. This is not the case, my ranger is wearing epic gear mostly with 1 piece of DS gear and the gloves from anamita (bought the DS piece for 300G) and he does fine in RvR. resists are ok, dex is at 353, got the 250 qui cap for bow, str is capped, con is decent. spent no time grinding for gear, just stuff i got on the way to 50.

The classic servers are fun and a nice change, i enjoy every minite i play there, where on excal it got to the point where i only enjoyed myself half the time, rest was spent bored xp'ing arti's and the like just to try and get on a even scale in RvR as i play with no BB.

As in US, people will roll clasic to see what it is like, some will stay some will move on, some will play both, and some will come to daoc because of the classic servers, ToA puts a lot of people off from trying the game.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
with the upcoming changes in the [thread=179049]1.81b[/thread] patch, do you think goa should invest in a classic server, or two classic servers? or non at all?

Currently Goa is planning 2 classic servers, one english, one german.
I myself thing they will become redundant after 1.81 goes live here. or atleast, one of 'em will...

What do you think?

Forget both classics, and implement 1.81b ASAP
Forget one classic, and implement 1.81b ASAP
Continue with the classics, but do implement 1.81b ASAP
Forget both classics, and please forget 1.81b
Forget one classic, and please forget 1.81b
Continue with both classics, but please forget 1.81b
I don't give a rat's arse, stop making stupid polls
doom d00m etc

Tilda

woo!
I'm so good, deleted all our chat Ing, am going to get some work now!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
woo!
I'm so good, deleted all our chat Ing, am going to get some work now!
haha, sure 'nuff ;) so am I :D
got FEM (finit element method) stuff to do before monday :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
if you want classic go off to America and play them there, most people who said "haha fuck you i am off to the US classic server m8s!!!1" are now back.

fix the existing game then think about novelty servers

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
Umpaidh said:
Buffs on classic are in group only.
play there on US.

RvR is fun, lots going on everywhere, keeps changing hands all the time in all 3 realms.

PvE is good there as well, lots of groups around at all lvls, since moving there 2 months ago, been on galla raid, dragon raid and champ dungeon raids.

DS raids go on all the time.

Reading other posts on here, people make it seem like you still have to grind in cata to be able to RvR. This is not the case, my ranger is wearing epic gear mostly with 1 piece of DS gear and the gloves from anamita (bought the DS piece for 300G) and he does fine in RvR. resists are ok, dex is at 353, got the 250 qui cap for bow, str is capped, con is decent. spent no time grinding for gear, just stuff i got on the way to 50.

The classic servers are fun and a nice change, i enjoy every minite i play there, where on excal it got to the point where i only enjoyed myself half the time, rest was spent bored xp'ing arti's and the like just to try and get on a even scale in RvR as i play with no BB.

As in US, people will roll clasic to see what it is like, some will stay some will move on, some will play both, and some will come to daoc because of the classic servers, ToA puts a lot of people off from trying the game.

cant agree more.

Classic would also be great for noobs, becouse there vill be lots of low level groups. Thanks to the no /level :cheers:

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
if you want classic go off to America and play them there, most people who said "haha fuck you i am off to the US classic server m8s!!!1" are now back.

fix the existing game then think about novelty servers

tbh i think they left, couse of the timezone. i did :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom