Like Battler in combat useable

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.78b Release Notes
The Isle of Agramon
August 9, 2005

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Endurance and Power regeneration spells that have been broadcast by the Crocodile Tear Ring effect, Radiant Aura, will no longer affect pets or objects.

- Players can no longer begin tailoring items while dead.

- The auto-release timer now correctly displays when a player dies from drowning.

- You can no longer apply poison to a weapon when dead.

- Spell recast timers, both in delves and in reports to the chat window, are now given in minutes and seconds where appropriate.

- The Conversion ability of the Crocodile's Tear Ring now converts the damage dealt from damage over time spells.

- Pet-casted buff spells and other self-targeted spells will no longer fail if the pet's owner has a selected target outside of their LOS.

- Dying from falling damage during a duel will end the duel. It is not counted as a duel death, and the dying player will lose XP, leave a gravestone and be sent back to their bind point.

- Chat delve will now display the weaponskill required to use a weapon. If a weapon is two-handed, it will only display the (Two Handed) tag if the weapon is not inherently two-handed by definition (such as a staff or a spear).

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

- Speed of Sound and Arms Length will no longer be fully stripped when a Speedwarp is encountered. Only the speed portion of these abilities will drop when entering the Speedwarp’s area of effect. The CC immunity portion will continue to affect the characters in the Speedwarp’s area of effect while the ability is active.

- Melee snares will no longer be incorrectly applied to characters who have the Speed of Sound or Arms Length ability activated.

- The Hunter's Avatar will now correctly sprint at the target when the Hunter directs the pet to attack, as long as the pet is at least 1000 units away from the target.

- Bolt spells will display the target name in the bolt's damage message.

Necromancer

- The PBAOE damage over time spells in the Necromancer's Painworking spec line will no longer fail to cast if the Necromancer has an object targeted.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

Monsters/NPCs

- Many monsters have had their appearance altered in Classic Camelot and New Frontier zones. These changes are best viewed under Catacombs client with Catacomb figures turned on. Some examples of monsters that have been upgraded are: spectral wickermen, hollow men, grannies, dullahan, empyrean, far darrig, far liath, merrow and various types of banshee monsters.

Darkness Falls

- A new faction has emerged within the ranks of the followers of the Demon Lords. The two factions are at war and compete for the favor of their dark masters.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Item Notes

- The Belt of the Moon and Belt of the Sun melee resist buff will now be usable in combat.

- The Snakecharmer's absorption buff will now be usable in combat.

- The Foppish Arms' melee resist buff will now be usable in combat.

- The Battler's absorption debuff will now be usable in combat.

- Water Breathing, Greater Water Breathing, Minor Water Breathing, and Major Water Breathing potions are now all usable in combat.

CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES

Abandoned Mines

- Lur'tai (tenebrous form) has been moved back to his normal spawn location.

Instancing

- (Albion) Monsters in the Depths of Despair Adventure Wing have had their aggression radius reduced. This has brought them in line with the monsters in the Realm of the Damned Adventure Wing.

NEW FOUNDATIONS NOTES

- Consignment reposessions merchants now display the tag. The tag for vault reposessions merchants has been changed to .

- When changing the price of an item on a consignment merchant, the prices reported to the player will now be shown in increments of plat/gold/silver/copper instead of just copper.

COOPERATIVE SERVER WORLD NOTES

Frontiers

- Dun na nGed: The ghostly parthelonian focus monsters should no longer initially attack and levitate players who have not reached the keep roof yet.

- Dun Bolg: Princess Jennea will now spawn faerie pets with less frequency

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
omg battler usable in combat....

No charges should be usable in combat imo.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
guess that's less of:

You have to wait 1 second to use this ability

:clap:

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Players can no longer begin tailoring items while dead.

- You can no longer apply poison to a weapon when dead.

omg wtf noooooooooooooooooo /shrug /ponder i wonder how many hours they spent fixing this bug, equally i wonder how many people used it

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:

Dont you get tired of missing 1-2rounds of combat just to use a shitty charge? :p

Changing/removing the timer on charges woulda rocked imo, each having its own :l

Overall the rest of the patch sucks imo, why have they cleard croc ring from effecting pets? gona have all pet-class TL's whining on that because pets wont keep up in rvr :eek: Hope .c+ i sbetter

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Try reading it again pudzy:

My pet doesnt use power or end....

Anywayys nice changes, especially from a minstrel pov.

Now they just need to revert the laughable change to som in 1.78A....

Dilanta

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
omg wtf noooooooooooooooooo /shrug /ponder i wonder how many hours they spent fixing this bug, equally i wonder how many people used it

Quite fun bug though. I used to start tailoring things while dead - unfortunally you couldn't finish them whilst biting grass and if ressed your crafting window was kinda bugged too. =)

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:

One step closer to a playable interface

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Pudzy said:
Dont you get tired of missing 1-2rounds of combat just to use a shitty charge? :p

That´s the trade-off for using it in fights. "is it worth missing 1-2 rounds? Will I win or will I lose?"

Maybe its just me that don´t like having things the easy way :p

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Darkness Falls

- A new faction has emerged within the ranks of the followers of the Demon Lords. The two factions are at war and compete for the favor of their dark masters.

Hmm.. perhaps new quests/mobs/drops/zone design incoming with this :eek7:

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
It also means that every fucker will just use battler for the hell of it mid fight now as it cost them nothing. I couldn't agree more with Mani though, it's supposed to be a trade off.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Speedwarp thing is okay. Be better if they deleted them though. :)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Zedenz said:
It also means that every fucker will just use battler for the hell of it mid fight now as it cost them nothing. I couldn't agree more with Mani though, it's supposed to be a trade off.

perhaps you want something else than looking good with an arti you bought for 10p+? :p

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
perhaps you want something else than looking good with an arti you bought for 10p+? :p

I didn't buy my fyi I obatined mine through killing Battler.

No the Battler charge is nice when used in the correct scenario tactically, but you get some fools who use it in a straight up 1v1 even when they have a strength relic (Dmoskus), this just gives them more of an excuse to "ah well, may as well fire battler!".

Pretty much eliminates the strategy to battle and further more, skill too, as being able to drop combat and fire a charge in the shortest possible time took practice.

Anyways, not too annoyed but I see it as a pretty unesscary change really, it only benefits the zerglings who require the odds to be stacked insurmountably in their favour in order to win fights.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I see it as an annoying thing. Battler is such an easy artifact to get and the charge is just uber so now every random RR2 stealther will run around instantly popping that on.

And imagine RR5+ nightshades

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom