Check them out on Pendragon!

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.75d Release Notes
RvR Missions
April 1, 2005

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Midgard cloth Epic vests, as well as some cloth vests from Atlantis, were not displaying correctly. This has been fixed.

- We fixed a crash that some players were experiencing while moving items around in their vaults and inventories.

- By default, the "Others Combat" and "Spell Pulse" message channels will now be disabled for new characters entering the game. It will also initially be disabled for existing users, to match the new default, but it may be re-enabled in the Channel Configuration dialog.

Additional New Title Information

As an addendum to the notes on the new title system in the last version, here is a list of achievements for which players will be awarded new titles:

- Enemy Players Killed - Based on the number of total enemy players whom the player has participated in killing.

- Towers Taken - Based on the number of enemy towers a player has participated in capturing.

- Keeps Taken - Based on the number of enemy keeps a player has participated in capturing.

- Albion Players Killed - Based on the number of enemies from Albion whom the player has participated in killing.

- Hibernian Players Killed - Based on the number of enemies from Hibernia whom the player has participated in killing.

- Midgard Players Killed - Based on the number of enemies from Midgard whom the player has participated in killing.

- Relics Placed - Based on the number of relics players in a group have participated in capturing. (Note that only players in the group directly responsible for capturing a relic will get credit for this achievement.)

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Valkyrie

- The Odin's Retribution line of spells can now be cast while moving.

Since it's past midday..

THIS BIT IS FAKE

Warlock

- To further improve the gameplay experience we decided to change the behavior of loaded Chambers. Spell damage will be scaled depending on the chamber used:

Chamber of Minor Fate: 25% damage

Chamber of Restraint: 50% damage

Chamber of Destruction: 75% damage

Chamber of Fate: 100% damage

Chamber of Greater Fate: 125% damage

- Chambers were never intended to allow Warlocks to destroy almost all enemies within only one or two seconds. Following Team Lead comments we decided to encourage people to spec higher into Witchcraft. To achieve this we decided to change the way the cooldown between the chambers is calculated:

Chamber of Minor Fate: 4 seconds cooldown, no other spell may be cast

Chamber of Restraint: 3 seconds cooldown, no other spell may be cast

Chamber of Destruction: 3 seconds cooldown, only non Chamber spells may be cast

Chamber of Fate: 2 seconds cooldown, only non Chamber spells maybe cast

Chamber of Greater Fate: no cooldown

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

Quests – Albion

- The beginner quests starting with Master Frederick have been revamped. There are some optional guides to interface and game mechanics added to the early stages of these quests. There is also an extra quest called Battlegrounds which will give players some information on RvR. This quest will cover PvE or PvP on Gaheris or Mordred.

Quests – Midgard

- The beginner quests starting with Dalikor have been revamped. There are some optional guides to interface and game mechanics added to the early stages of these quests. There is also an extra quest called Battlegrounds which will give players some information on RvR. This quest will cover PvE or PvP on Gaheris or Mordred.

Quests – Hibernia

- The beginner quests starting with Addrir have been revamped. There are some optional guides to interface and game mechanics added to the early stages of these quests. There is also an extra quest called Battlegrounds which will give players some information on RvR. This quest will cover PvE or PvP on Gaheris or Mordred.

FOUNDATIONS NOTES

- Players may now obtain trophies for Dub, Mordred, Fafnir, Grubthor, Terracite Cthiyrkkftooift, Golnar, Orunos, Winged Terror, and Chief Amanita in Catacombs.

http://217.20.118.214/more/1988.shtml

Minau

Loyal Freddie
more warlock nerfing... in ya face fotm fekkers :kissit:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Can't wait to see all the Mid whines again, will probably include something like: Mythic screwing over Midgard again! or I am going to quit now because of this change it's unacceptable! :D
On the other hand Mids who were not biased towards their classes would know this would happen also.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
I think a normal player with a clear mind will accept all these changes. Wait, there aren't any normal mid warlock player :p

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
[06:49:22] ••• Looking up 217.20.118.214
[06:49:24] ••• Resolved 217.20.118.214 to www.kunze-it.biz (Press F10 to copy to clipboard)

:confused:

/edit: Think I caught on.. :p

Septina

Part of the furniture
*giggles* Hihihihihihhi ><

Less editing Sharma you gullable wublet :(

-(07:48:44)- * Dns resolved www.camelotherald.com to 208.254.7.194

oh and.... Fri Apr 01 07:56:06 2005
=)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I hate you sometimes Septina... :twak:

Love you really. :fluffle:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Too bad the person making up these fake notes has no clue what he's talking about. I understand it's meant as a joke, but keep in mind that some people don't realise that, and it's pretty poor form to spread stuff like that. (Thank god I read the real 1.75D notes last night already. :))

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Haha sure scared the shit out of me, and made me really appreciate that chambers are as good as they are :p

Nice one :cheers:

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
*delete*

was reading this thinking oh dear, warlock going from overpowered to thane type powered :)

hehe imagine having the top chamber and being able to instantly unleash the 125% dmg chamber with the spec 18 lifetap ! go go! feel the power!

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
----------

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Due to continued feedback from the assassin community over the last 2 years we have decided to get off our tubby fat bums and do something about it.

The changes will effects all 3 of the assassin classes and we believe this will finally bring balance to them.

We have re-examined the damage being dealt from stealth styles (such as Perforate Artery and Backstab) and have noticed that they are underperforming in many cases.

- From stealth styles (such as Perforate Artery and Backstab) have had their damage upped across the board. Also damage is now much more consistant.

- From stealth styles will now negate many of the ToA and RR5 bonuses that have nullified the use of these styles since their introduction. These include brittle guards and other bonuses such as the Sorcerer rr5 ability to reduce damage.

- We will be providing full respecs to both Infiltrators and the Shadowblade classes.

Infiltrator

- We have replaced the dual wield line with the equivalent line from the Shadowblade (left axe) class. Due to the 2.5 spec points that are provided to Infiltrator's they are still able to keep their damage.

Nightshade

- The rr5 ability remedy has been removed and replaced with the equivalent Shadowblade ability (shadowstrike)

Shadowblade

- We have replaced the left axe line with the equivalent line from the Infiltrator (Dual Wield) class.

- The rr5 ability Shadowstrike has been removed and replaced with the equivalent Shadowblade ability (Remedy)

- We have changed the primary stat of Shadowblades to be Strength. Dexterity has now been updated to be the tertiary stat. This change is retrospective and will update the next time you login your Shadowblade.

- We have changed the way 2handed weapons work for Shadowblades. Anyone facing a 2handed wielding Shadowblade would have the same evade penalties as if they were dual wielding.

- 2 Handed attacks from stealth will result in even higher damage that before now from the changes above but we have slightly adjusted the damage upwards for 2handed attacks on top of this. This is to make this a real advantage for Shadowblades to use 2handed weapons.

------------

ok I spent more time on that than I should have.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
lol I even contemplated coming back to DAOc very briefly after reading those notes oh well :p

Valmerwolf

Regular Freddie
I don't want to open a new thread and this is not a fake.
In 1.75c there is a new map system that permits using of subzones, called Areas.
I've drawed the three mazes of RvR and Mag Mell and you can view the locator point too.

http://www.teatromusica.it/valmerwolf/varie/modtoa/maze175.jpg

You can have as many areas as you want, the map is visible when you zone in.

In the screenshot you can also see the 3-bars system and the new tooltips. These tooltips display the characterics of many stats and icons (for example the decremental timer for a RA, or Master Level ability if it isn't available).

http://www.teatromusica.it/valmerwolf/varie/modtoa/175_800.jpg

Valmerwolf

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Valmerwolf said:
I don't want to open a new thread and this is not a fake.
In 1.75c there is a new map system that permits using of subzones, called Areas.
I've drawed the three mazes of RvR and Mag Mell and you can view the locator point too.

http://www.teatromusica.it/valmerwolf/varie/modtoa/maze175.jpg

You can have as many areas as you want, the map is visible when you zone in.

In the screenshot you can also see the 3-bars system and the new tooltips. These tooltips display the characterics of many stats and icons (for example the decremental timer for a RA, or Master Level ability if it isn't available).

http://www.teatromusica.it/valmerwolf/varie/modtoa/175_800.jpg

Valmerwolf

strange how that first bit is on an italian client...

it's also not on my US one.

The second bit is true though :)

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
inqy said:
----------

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Due to continued feedback from the assassin community over the last 2 years we have decided to get off our tubby fat bums and do something about it.

The changes will effects all 3 of the assassin classes and we believe this will finally bring balance to them.

We have re-examined the damage being dealt from stealth styles (such as Perforate Artery and Backstab) and have noticed that they are underperforming in many cases.

- From stealth styles (such as Perforate Artery and Backstab) have had their damage upped across the board. Also damage is now much more consistant.

- From stealth styles will now negate many of the ToA and RR5 bonuses that have nullified the use of these styles since their introduction. These include brittle guards and other bonuses such as the Sorcerer rr5 ability to reduce damage.

- We will be providing full respecs to both Infiltrators and the Shadowblade classes.

Infiltrator

- We have replaced the dual wield line with the equivalent line from the Shadowblade (left axe) class. Due to the 2.5 spec points that are provided to Infiltrator's they are still able to keep their damage.

Nightshade

- The rr5 ability remedy has been removed and replaced with the equivalent Shadowblade ability (shadowstrike)

Shadowblade

- We have replaced the left axe line with the equivalent line from the Infiltrator (Dual Wield) class.

- The rr5 ability Shadowstrike has been removed and replaced with the equivalent Shadowblade ability (Remedy)

- We have changed the primary stat of Shadowblades to be Strength. Dexterity has now been updated to be the tertiary stat. This change is retrospective and will update the next time you login your Shadowblade.

- We have changed the way 2handed weapons work for Shadowblades. Anyone facing a 2handed wielding Shadowblade would have the same evade penalties as if they were dual wielding.

- 2 Handed attacks from stealth will result in even higher damage that before now from the changes above but we have slightly adjusted the damage upwards for 2handed attacks on top of this. This is to make this a real advantage for Shadowblades to use 2handed weapons.

------------

ok I spent more time on that than I should have.

Giving SB's DW over LA would be a nerf anyway :p

I would hate to give up LA.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
the next of my fake patches will nerf la though ;)

Valmerwolf

Regular Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
strange how that first bit is on an italian client...

it's also not on my US one.

The second bit is true though :)

I test on Pendragon (it's 1.75d now)
In Italy we have 1.60, until 14/04/2005 when we'll have 1.73.

I've made a reply in a post speaking about 1.75 and if you wanna test the new options you can download my UIs.
http://www.teatromusica.it/valmerwolf/varie/modvalmer.htm
On Pendragon I am playing with these new options.

Valmerwolf

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
nothing about areas on the default clients anyway, I'm assuming that's just something you've done with your client?

Only mentions of UI specific stuff in 1.75C is the tooltips...

Valmerwolf

Regular Freddie
nothing about areas on the default clients anyway, I'm assuming that's just something you've done with your client?
Only mentions of UI specific stuff in 1.75C is the tooltips...

This maps system is ONLY on Pendragon (test server).
There is no patch notes but there is the option also on the original map_window.xlm of Mythic.
At the same time there are no original maps for area, but 3 examples for future tutorials zones.

I have drawed the 4 maps of the Mazes and Mag Mell, found the right coordinates and used them in this "new" maps system in \custom.

The work is enterely on .xml and .dds of ui\custom, and I've thought it could be nice to show you it functioning because it's a cool option.
The only problem will be:" who will draw all those maps?"

Valmerwolf

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
What I mean is:

I'm using the default atlantis skin and I see nothing about areas on pendragon - just the same map window as has always been there. There's no buttons to bring up a new window, might be a new slash command but no mention of it anywhere....

Are you saying it's only in the XML and you need to tweak your ui to use it?
Sounds like something of a work in progress if it is... as in something that might appear later in 1.75.

I don't see Mythic spending a load of time to add in special map options purely for custom UIs - so it'll appear in the normal client soon I expect.

Looks cool though :)

Valmerwolf

Regular Freddie
Then:
You use 1.75
- you DON'T view anything if you haven't a map of the area and you haven't declared it in area.dat (a file you can see in ui\atlantis, for example)
- if you have all of the previous step, the button shows on ONLY IF you view the same zone of the area map (for example Mag Mell is a subzone/area of Lough Derg and the map of Mag Mell appears only when you select or zone in Lough Derg).
- if you don't select that zone or you are not in that zone you will see a black hole in place of the scroll menu of area maps (reverse action than previous point)

You use 1.74
- if you use the map_window of 1.75 on live servers with 1.74, you'll see ONLY a fixed scroll menu with no operation available
- if you don't use the map_window of 1.75 on live servers you will see nothing of anormal than the oldd map window

So:
a) You're right, I suppose... this seems to be a future implementation, I only wanted to show you because it seemed to me curious, cool and amusing to see
b) I have spent much more time to try to explain it than to test the system :)
c) Internal thought.... > next time it's better if I'll be more discrete in saying something that isn't well documented on official websites, so I have not to explain what people don't believe :(
d) it's better if I play jazz and not videogames... I'll take my guitar...

edit: I have completed the maps of ALL the instanced dungeons of Catacombs for all three Realms.
You can find them here:
http://www.teatromusica.it/valmerwolf/mappe/mappe.htm

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Valmerwolf said:
Then:
You use 1.75
- you DON'T view anything if you haven't a map of the area and you haven't declared it in area.dat (a file you can see in ui\atlantis, for example)
- if you have all of the previous step, the button shows on ONLY IF you view the same zone of the area map (for example Mag Mell is a subzone/area of Lough Derg and the map of Mag Mell appears only when you select or zone in Lough Derg).
- if you don't select that zone or you are not in that zone you will see a black hole in place of the scroll menu of area maps (reverse action than previous point)

You use 1.74
- if you use the map_window of 1.75 on live servers with 1.74, you'll see ONLY a fixed scroll menu with no operation available
- if you don't use the map_window of 1.75 on live servers you will see nothing of anormal than the oldd map window

So:
a) You're right, I suppose... this seems to be a future implementation, I only wanted to show you because it seemed to me curious, cool and amusing to see
b) I have spent much more time to try to explain it than to test the system :)
c) Internal thought.... > next time it's better if I'll be more discrete in saying something that isn't well documented on official websites, so I have not to explain what people don't believe
d) it's better if I play jazz and not videogames... I'll take my guitar...

edit: I have completed the maps of ALL the instanced dungeons of Catacombs for all three Realms.
You can find them here:
http://www.teatromusica.it/valmerwolf/mappe/mappe.htm

no need to run off and become a jazz musician (or go back to being a jazz musician), just it came across like an april fools joke and I'm a die hard sceptic :) Read far too many spoof patch notes to believe anything I read on a message board.

a) yer right :) it is cool, now that I understand where yer coming from.

b) yep, sorry!

c) something along the lines of "here's some cool UI stuff that I've found that doesn't seem fully implemented yet" or whatever at the start would have stopped pedants like me going on and on (and on and on and on ok I'll stop now) - oh and not posting on april 1st heh ;)

That's your map site? it rocks, is damned good stuff. keep up the good work!

Valmerwolf

Regular Freddie
To Flimgoblin: :cheers:

A question for you because I've seen you're a DAoC moderator so I think you're able to answer me:
why sometimes I don't see my signature? I see it in previous posts and in preview.
I've changed nothing in options.
Could you explain to me how I can make it appear again?

Thank you so much.

P.S. without a signature I say here that there are also all the zones of DAoC (included all the instanced dungeons of Catacombs) in minimaps (256x256).
You can use them if you're playing with any customized UI.
http://www.teatromusica.it/valmerwolf/varie/modtoa/minimaps.zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom