Fledgling Freddie
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.75c Release Notes
RvR Missions
March 29, 2005

===================================

MASTER LEVEL CREDIT CHANGES

In our continuing effort to address player concerns with how Master Level credit is awarded, we are making some changes. These changes are intended to help those players who might miss battlegroup credit for a specific ML due to going linkdead or being slightly out of range. We apologize for the complexity of these rules, but once in use, we are sure they will greatly enhance your gameplay.

There are two new commands, available only to BG leaders:

- /bg credit will display credit for Battlegroup Master Level encounters that have been completed within the last 10 minutes. This command can be used by the Battlegroup leader without restriction.

- /bg grantcredit [MasterLevel] [PlayerName] will allow you to grant credit for completed Master Level steps, with the following restrictions:

- You may only grant credit for steps completed within the last 10 minutes.

- You must be within 1000 units of the player you are granting credit to.

- The ML step must be a battlegroup-enabled step.

- You must be within 2000 units of 75% of your battlegroup members (in other words, the majority of your BG must be there with you).

- You may only grant credit to up to half the number of players that received credit for that step correctly .

- You may not grant credit for a step that the player could not possibly receive due to dungeon restrictions (for example, players must be at least ML8 to receive ML9 credit)

- Example usage: /bg grantcredit 1.9 Player-ClusteredServer

NEW TITLE SYSTEM

As stated on March 17th, we have expanded on the existing titles players now receive for realm ranks by incorporating more choices available to players based upon their achievements, both in our new RvR Mission system and in normal RvR activities. Players will be able to pick from a selection of earned titles and choose which they would like to display for others to see.

- Players will earn and increase their titles through various activities in the game. For example, a player can receive a new title based upon how many towers that player has participated in capturing.

- In order for players to alter their titles, we have added a new title button to the player sheet, on the stats attributes panel. (We have also added a "/title" command to toggle the window.) In this window, players may select the title they'd like to have display above the character's head.

- Players may only have one title displayed at a time. However, titles may be changed by the player at any time.

- Currently, titles only appear to realm friendly players.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

General

- The Mentalist and Sorcerer group power regeneration spells will no longer overwrite higher level single target power regeneration spells.

- (Pendragon Only) The power costs for the Mentalist and Sorcerer group power regeneration spells have been corrected.

Bainshee

- Fixed a bug where the Alarming Yell spell line had mesmerization spell graphics instead of root spell graphics.

Friar

- The Friar's Saint's Stamina spell line now has the appropriate color borders for each level of the spell.

- The Shield of Faith spell line can no longer be overwritten by the Paladin's Crusader's Ward spell line.

Mentalist

- (Pendragon Only) The Mentalist's group power regeneration spells will now be given at the following Holism (Mana) spec levels:

37 Invest Concordance
45 Invest Perfection

Necromancer

- The Cleaving Guardian spell line can no longer be overwritten by the Heretic's Diabolic Thorns line.

Ranger

- The Ranger's Forest Shadow spell and the Hunter's Speed of Prey spell have had their speed bonuses increased.

Shadowblade

- (Pendragon Only) The icons for Polar Light and Cleave styles have been corrected to indicate these styles are evade reactionary styles.

Valkyrie

- The recast timer for the Odin’s Hoof spell line has been decreased from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.

- The root duration for the Valkyrie styles, Odin’s Clip (Sword) and Pin (Shield) has been increased to 6 seconds.

- (Pendragon Only) The Valkyrie's Odin's Hoof spell line will now have the appropriate sound effect to match the spell effect.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Friar change!!!

The self af buff ain't going to be overwritten by the paladin chant anymore!

Finally :worthy:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's kinda neat to see them bring more logic to the way the mobs are spread. The more south you go from your start town, the harder the mobs get.

Level 50 mudsnakes outside Galpen, I guess. ;D

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Is the point of the ability to award credit for a particular ML step that it's given to someone in the BG that missed credit for whatever reason? I assume everyone else would receive credit as per normal?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
As I understand it, if you doa BG step and someone doesn't get credit due to some random bug or goes linkdead just before the boss dies, then as long as they are close enough to the encounter to have reasonably participated in it or get back online quickly enough then they can get credit. Credit still gets awarded as normal to the people in the BG, this just means you don't need to repeat a step for someone who missed it for some reason.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
That's a really good change. I don't suppose there is any way GoA could patch that into the current patch?

(There will be a lot of people doing MLs for the new Catacombs classes, so this would be very useful now, and it would be a shame to wait X months)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
Friar change!!!

The self af buff ain't going to be overwritten by the paladin chant anymore!

Finally :worthy:

finally indeed. thats been there since .. forever.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Excellent changes - Mythic are really shaping up when it comes to patching lately :)

Just wondering where mids group power regen is :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mirt said:
That's a really good change. I don't suppose there is any way GoA could patch that into the current patch?

(There will be a lot of people doing MLs for the new Catacombs classes, so this would be very useful now, and it would be a shame to wait X months)

not likely... else I'd be begging for the warlock nerf to be hotfixed in ;)

poor ml3 quests ;)

Pain in the arse at first, made more sensible with better spawns, new versions of the quests added in to make it easier for raids (can stay within the dungeon and do them), item drops made bg credit... now they've just gone "sodit, lose the quest crap!"

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I have said for quite some time that 2005 is gonna be a good patch year and so far it looks really good.

scroll changes, ML changes, beginning on class changes etc etc.

Serdan

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
not likely... else I'd be begging for the warlock nerf to be hotfixed in ;)

poor ml3 quests ;)

Pain in the arse at first, made more sensible with better spawns, new versions of the quests added in to make it easier for raids (can stay within the dungeon and do them), item drops made bg credit... now they've just gone "sodit, lose the quest crap!"

I wonder what will be decision about next GOA patch - will they start with 1.74 or will they wait for 1.75 first and then apply both? Not sure what would I want though.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The last few patches are close to perfect. Now let's see some change on SOI and we're home free :p

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
slap out 1.74 as it's done. 1.75 could be a big one and I have a feeling it will be.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Excellent changes - Mythic are really shaping up when it comes to patching lately :)

Just wondering where mids group power regen is :(

CONC based power regen > any other form of temporary, 10 min lasting, power regen...even if it's a group one ;). The group POM will only make it easier to recast for the mentalists and sorcerers, now they just need to cast once instead of 8x. The healer can just cast it once and forget about it forever (till he dies of course) ;)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
1.75 looks really good so far yep, agree there

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
still waiting for the "all artifact encounters have been reduced to a 1 hour respawn" that would fix most of the inter realm fighting in one shot.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
- The Shield of Faith spell line can no longer be overwritten by the Paladin's Crusader's Ward spell line.

I'll believe that when i see it .. only been waiting since Oct 2002 ( since i've been playing the game)

Syri

FH is my second home
this is why, if i ever do get back to daoc, i'll be on the usa servers. to get this kind of patch quick. sorry goa, no offence to the service, but i'm just impatient :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Icebreaker said:
Poc nerf xD

Less whine in our rvr Forums ^^

can still camp _inside_ PoC as I understand it, the ward is placed outside..

or did I misunderstand it?

Valmerwolf

Regular Freddie
There are also interesting options in UI mods (with tooltips and new commands) and maps (with area system).
Don't worry for the Italian example of screenshoot, there is also the English version but I think it's intuitable.

Here there are 2 examples:
the first one is an example with some of new "gadgets". You can see the tooltip that explains the situation of the stats, with the overcap.

http://www.teatromusica.it/valmerwolf/varie/modtoa/175_800.jpg

The second one is an application of the area system, with the maps of Mag Mell (Hibernia) and the maze of Emain Macha.

http://www.teatromusica.it/valmerwolf/varie/modtoa/maze175.jpg

Valmerwolf

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
ML changes are really nice, finally no more whining that some ppl missed a step and we have to take like 30 mins to get BG back to normal :p

I really like the ML2 ones with Djedkare, as the time waiting for Horror to reset last week wasnt nice :(

Mob levels spreading out as higher the further away from starter town is nice indeed, will help newer players from diff realms find reasonable levels to hunt , even though exploring is still nice :)

omg.. editing because i didnt look at screenies on last post... them new windows are so cool, and look at the 3 quickbars in use... will be very handy to use indeed [ and will give BD more empty QB's than at present :p ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom