1.75B Notes Up Soon/ alott alb love, and mid "fix", sb love? hmmm

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
im just looking forward to the NM boost 30% damage added might make it worth useing :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
Yes all my coments are 'Sarcastic and cunty' (nice btw) because you disagree and can't offer a civilised reply you resort to calling names?

My point was when you rolled your wizard you knew what spells and abilities it had,i remember you PMing me saying how happy you were with its damage output. You rolled it for damage, you should of known then if you wanted Utility roll a Cabbie or Sorc (Ilum was running a cabbie group at that time)

Well look at your posts, they are always witty in some way towards me because you have nothing else better to add about the subject.It's a change but it's also insulting, if you played a wizard for a while you would see why no matter how good or bad you are at the class.Also i mentioned armsmen/thanes because they are in the same boat as wizards, classes mythic do not pay attention at all too majority of the time.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Well look at your posts, they are always witty in some way towards me because you have nothing else better to add about the subject.It's a change but it's also insulting, if you played a wizard for a while you would see why no matter how good or bad you are at the class.Also i mentioned armsmen/thanes because they are in the same boat as wizards, classes mythic do not pay attention at all too majority of the time.

Talking about 'Nothing better to add' how come you haven't read the part of my posts about what would in your oppinion inprove them then?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
Talking about 'Nothing better to add' how come you haven't read the part of my posts about what would in your oppinion inprove them then?

If you read a few posts above i said what would be a nice way to make wizards more viable but you didn't?

Read private message and understand.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Bibi said:
Sword using skald is getting stun with 2nd hit after BLOCK <--- go figure and keep fixing some more broken characters. Not that i care anymore ...
Yeah, tell Requiel. He IS the one changing everything that's being done.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bibi said:
Sword using skald is getting stun with 2nd hit after BLOCK <--- go figure and keep fixing some more broken characters. Not that i care anymore ...
Blademasters get more or less the same silly style, which sucks, but why reply if you don't care anymore? ^^

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Skalds can go 1H and shield - just because you get a freebie 2H so you can hit for fecking massive damage (higher damage-caps then Large Weaponry!!1) doesnt make the style useless.

Dont forget Mid use same styles for 1H and 2H.

Would be stupid if Polearm or Large Weaponry or H2H had a after-block style. Thats why they dont and base Mid-styles (Axe, Hammer, Sword) do.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Problem with Wizards is they share the realm with Sorcerers.

Drop 'a class' in Albion (cmon cabalist, theurgist, wizard, sorcerer - 1 too much!) and you can get more stuff in a wizard-line.

Thát wont happen; so the wizard is fecked with the 'damage no utility'-thing.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:

Drop 'a class' in Albion (cmon cabalist, theurgist, wizard, sorcerer - 1 too much!) and you can get more stuff in a wizard-line.

Can we drop the wizard and give the theurgist the Bolts then please? :p

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
yeah and move the pbae to sorc body spec and give it a 50% lifetap component....essence damage type ofc! :D

and hm...

i dont really think the changes are a joke - its a nice little boost for ice line, just give earth a little love and wizards are a nice caster again (preferably some love in baseline or spells useful at low lvl specs too)

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:

Wizard and Theurgist used to be one class but Mythic found it too powerfull so they splitted it in two :S

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Saggy said:
Wizard and Theurgist used to be one class but Mythic found it too powerfull so they splitted it in two :S

Really? oO

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
RUN SPEED CHANGE

Since Dark Age of Camelot's launch, we have heard continuous feedback from our community about the movement speed in our game. The concerns over how slow our movement is has continued to grow as we have added more and more areas in which to travel. Because we believe these concerns are valid, we have decided to make a long requested change to the game, enhancing the movement speed of all players who are out of combat. This new run state allows the player to move faster than normal run speed, provided that the player is not in any form of combat. Along with this change, we have slightly increased the speed of all secondary speed buffs (see below for details). Both of these changes are noticeable but will not impinge upon the supremacy of the primary speed buffs available to the Bard, Skald and Minstrel.

- The new run speed works only in PvE. We are still assessing the possibility of this ability also working in RvR, but no final decision has yet been made.

- The new run speed does not work if the player is in any form of combat. All combat timers must also be expired.

- The new run speed will not stack with any other run speed spell or ability, except for Sprint.

- Pets that are not in combat have also received the new run speed, only when they are following, to allow them to keep up with their owners.

- We have slightly increased the speed bonuses for the following spell lines:

Sorcerer – Amplify Movement
Theurgist – Brisk Wind
Enchanter - Effervescence
Warden – Guardian’s Encouragement
Healer – Ease of Movement
Runemaster – Token of Movement
Vampiir - Vampiir's Sprint

And Skalds get?.........

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Ogrelin Blodig said:
And Skalds get?.........
Faster run speed like everyone else :p Mach5 will still be way faster than "secondary speed buffs" like the note said.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Bibi said:
Sword using skald is getting stun with 2nd hit after BLOCK
So get yourself a shield then and stop whining, there is no rule that says Skalds have to be 2H. :rolleyes:

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Aaaah.. Fres patch notes, fresh whine.. i love you all! :wij:

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
all who wants utility in fire spec on wizards,please,go out and breath fresh air.Their bolt damage is *already* too much and we have learned to live with it,they don't need any more utility.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Leathas said:
all who wants utility in fire spec on wizards,please,go out and breath fresh air.Their bolt damage is *already* too much and we have learned to live with it,they don't need any more utility.

its not _THAT_BAD_

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Leathas said:

Bolts are totally unreliable at the best of times and can also be blocked. The damage is generally only extreme if the target has forgotten its shields, the target has poor equipment or if a high crit is involved. I think most wizards would quite happily drop damage on bolts for some more utility as bolt bolt nuke nuke nuke etc is just dull and boring to play.

Rockk

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
No, you still need to do all ten quests and get 100% MLXP to get the ability.

The SB fix is just so that SBs can use all the styles in the various weapon lines. Because Cleave and Polar Light require a parry, a SB cannot use them and did not recieve them, however there are other styles in the lines which chain off these two styles - meaning SBs couldn't use those styles either. Now SBs get the same style options as other Axe/LA users but with a different requirement for the first style in the chain.

They fixed the same for infils with DW spec ? remember
when i were 50 slash 50dw i did not get the stunn style due after u parry
or block cant remember witch one, but i guess that should be fixed aswell
so infs may use same styles as other classes with dw =D ?

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Blademasters get more or less the same silly style, which sucks, but why reply if you don't care anymore? ^^
BMs got stun with 2nd hit after side-positional first? Or im mistaken here ? Comparing 1h skald blocking some1 and hitting him 2 times in row after that to get a stun with anytimer positional regular weaponset BM ( 1h skald isnt regular way to play in some reason, and yes, i used it if needed ) is bit silly. Guess u agreed if u think a bit. Tell me how many times u have been stunned by skald and how many by BM :)
And whay i replay ? Coz im bored @work sometimes and reading still those forums. Patchnotes telling, that they listening players is total bullshit :)

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
So get yourself a shield then and stop whining, there is no rule that says Skalds have to be 2H. :rolleyes:
U really should get some clue about that game :(

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Ogrelin Blodig said:
And Skalds get?.........
Read replays of I-KNOW-HOW-TO-PLAY this game smartasses. Skalds have nonspecable shield and stun in 2hit combo after block !!!

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
playing a lot on the US i can tell you that new run speed is soooooo sweet, seems like a small thing but seriously, youre all gonna love it

Madae

Fledgling Freddie
Leathas said:

ok misterihaveaclueaboutwizies...
and tbh the boost is better than nothing like bubble said but still... it's not important, utility >>>>>>>>>> 5% higher debuff
and everyone knows that anyone would pick an utility caster over wizy anytime

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
actually come to think of it, having a 15% debuff for your own DD and your own PBAE seems quite nice to me - fireline is already an even better damage line than darkness for runemasters (which is semi popular really) - and now ice is by far the best pbae you could get. cast an ae dd on incoming assistrain - they are debuffed for ~~20 sec, and wizard will hit pretty hard on dd, and insanely high on pbae.

Like a set-up like this:
Cleric
Cleric
Sorcerer
Mercenary
Paladin
Theurgist
Wizard
Reaver/Armsman

Earth / Ice theurgist does interrupts and can assist debuffed targets. Can bomb shit with theurg RR5 ra + icewiz + reaver (if you use that).

Anyway, would be a cool non-fotm alb setup :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom