1.71 when?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Soon apparently.

Next version of the game
Version 1.71 is now on our internal test server and we have already begun the tests. We will inform you as soon as possible of the progress of these tests in order to give you an estimated date for release on our European servers.

(Taken from Here)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
the italian and spanish servers being opened should not affect the time it takes to get to 1.71. As for when that'll be... sorry I really can't say yet, we've still got a lot of work to do (and I'm not talking about the translation part either).

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
we've still got a lot of work to do (and I'm not talking about the translation part either).
Organising the office Christmas Party? :p

Rexmundi

Fledgling Freddie
Here's that old translation chestnut again sigh - I've recently finished a 13 language utterly dialogue heavy + extensive game text online game which took 2 weeks for the original Russian scripts to be localised into the other languages QA'd, recorded edited and delivered, so fook knows what GOA are doing never have understood the wait.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Rexmundi said:
so fook knows what GOA are doing never have understood the wait.

Piss poor service from a piss poor company. Going by the lag on getting nf compared to the lucky sods over in the US probably in the middle of 2005.
oh and hello matey givf postal address as PM plz :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
tierk said:
Piss poor service from a piss poor company. Going by the lag on getting nf compared to the lucky sods over in the US probably in the middle of 2005.
Oh please shut up you idiot. As anyone with half a brain can tell you the lag has FECK ALL TO DO WITH GOA! Another moron who talks bollocks about GOA and the game yet still pays his sub, take the hint and quit if its that bloody grim, or better still, p*ss off to the US and then see they have things worse than we do fs.

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Oh please shut up you idiot. As anyone with half a brain can tell you the lag has FECK ALL TO DO WITH GOA! Another moron who talks bollocks about GOA and the game yet still pays his sub, take the hint and quit if its that bloody grim, or better still, p*ss off to the US and then see they have things worse than we do fs.

:rolleyes:

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Rexmundi said:
Here's that old translation chestnut again sigh - I've recently finished a 13 language utterly dialogue heavy + extensive game text online game which took 2 weeks for the original Russian scripts to be localised into the other languages QA'd, recorded edited and delivered, so fook knows what GOA are doing never have understood the wait.
Because QAing a patch for a complex online world like DAoC takes a bit longer than some 2-bit text adventure? :p
If you'll look Erivoss said it's not a translation delay so I don't know why you're blathering on about it.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Rexmundi said:
you didnt have to test it as extensive as goa had nor had to wait for fixes to be send by a different company and those tested again to either ask for new fixes again or not.
Most of the wait isnt for translating its the testing. You can wonder why the testing would take so long, but thats a different question. Besides the average is 60 days behind, which isnt that weird as mythic probably only thinks about sending the patch 2 weeks after they patched their own servers (to be sure the patch is working correctly on their own servers), than mythic sends it to goa who translates it in the different languages and to fit their own machines and tests it.

Also while OT lag is irritating and GOA should pressure OT into fixing it (as it does effect the fun people have from playing daoc), it isnt really their fault and the lag had actually nothing to do with NF was just a coincidence (and the launch of NF was hardly lucky for the yanks as it was patched few more times i think till 3 weeks after it was already on the servers and it was worse with ToA).

tierk

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:

Well first things first i am out of the UK and have been for over a month now mr clever clogs and i can assure you that i havent renewed my subs in a age, however, the dodgy peeps at goa feel that it is legal and above board to continue to charge a mates CC for subs despite been told numerous times to stop doing so ( V if they still charging yer CC sorry but i have stopped auto renew and cancelled it already, long before i left). Also if you seem so wise and knowlegable please tell me who do i blame for giving us everything so long after our cousins over the water get them if not Goa as they are the company that do the translations and testing or should i take it up with my local council? Having read other peeps comments ,who are supposedly working for Goa in some capacity, about when we getting patches ( erivoss for example) it is always the same stuff being said which is either we doing translation and no fixed date or we are testing no fix date or words to that effect.
Now to yer last comment about quitting i would have done so even longer ago then i did but i am one of those morons that thought hope springs eternal and would wait till NF hits and see what its like. I havent had a chance to as of yet due to personal problems which have forced me to be out of the UK and now reading these boards here and being away from said shite game i have realised three things a) i dont miss the game at all. b) i will never pay said shite company another bean of my money. c) Will be switching to WoW when i get back to the UK (Hope you getting me a copy Rex).
If you are a E&E for this game then sadly i can see yet another reason for quitting as tbh your attitude is typical of the attitude that Goa have which is my way or the highway and i for one think your way sucks ass.

Gamah

Banned
I was bored after reading 2 lines...Why do you feel the need to clump all the text up :m00:

tierk

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:
I was bored after reading 2 lines...Why do you feel the need to clump all the text up :m00:

Sorry will try to enclose some pictures of naked women for you next time along with double spacing ok? :D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
tierk said:
Well first things first i am out of the UK and have been for over a month now mr clever clogs and i can assure you that i havent renewed my subs in a age, however, the dodgy peeps at goa feel that it is legal and above board to continue to charge a mates CC for subs despite been told numerous times to stop doing so ( V if they still charging yer CC sorry but i have stopped auto renew and cancelled it already, long before i left). Also if you seem so wise and knowlegable please tell me who do i blame for giving us everything so long after our cousins over the water get them if not Goa as they are the company that do the translations and testing or should i take it up with my local council? Having read other peeps comments ,who are supposedly working for Goa in some capacity, about when we getting patches ( erivoss for example) it is always the same stuff being said which is either we doing translation and no fixed date or we are testing no fix date or words to that effect.
Now to yer last comment about quitting i would have done so even longer ago then i did but i am one of those morons that thought hope springs eternal and would wait till NF hits and see what its like. I havent had a chance to as of yet due to personal problems which have forced me to be out of the UK and now reading these boards here and being away from said shite game i have realised three things a) i dont miss the game at all. b) i will never pay said shite company another bean of my money. c) Will be switching to WoW when i get back to the UK (Hope you getting me a copy Rex).
If you are a E&E for this game then sadly i can see yet another reason for quitting as tbh your attitude is typical of the attitude that Goa have which is my way or the highway and i for one think your way sucks ass.
My comment was pointed at yet another boring thread regarding the lag issue, its one thats been trawled up time and time again, and I for one (many others are too) am sick of hearing it.

As for your billing issue, this is not an official GOA forum, and should not be treated as such. This too is another pointless whine regarding this issue, and needs to be directed to rightnow, your bank and subscription@goa.com , while I sympathise for your loss, there are loads of threads including a sticky on all the daoc forums regarding the correct proceedure for making financial complaints.

The patching issue too is another that is stale and again has been brought up on every patch since day one. Get over it, its not changed in 3 years so one more whine wont fix it. I wont again explain or point to threads where this has been answered before, as its been done soooo many times.

Being E&E I see things from both sides of the coin, not just the disgruntled player. Seeing the back stage mechanics opens your eyes to what really goes on, so I no longer feel the need to throw my rattle out of the pram on a daily basis. GOA do a fine job with the resources provided by Mythic, and if you read the VN boards, youll know the US suffer not just from poor CS, but crap patches full of bugs, more downtime than we have, and lots more.

Having not sampled the wonders of NF, you cant really comment on the games current position, by all means leave for WoW, but when you start to feel worse there because these problems are just as bad, then dont come crawling back here to say "sorry daoc, all is forgiven!".

tierk

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
My comment was pointed at yet another boring thread regarding the lag issue......

so I no longer feel the need to throw my rattle out of the pram on a daily basis.......
by all means leave for WoW, but when you start to feel worse there because these problems are just as bad, then dont come crawling back here to say "sorry daoc, all is forgiven!".

I am sorry but you are full of shite just like yer employers. Your first comment shows that u didnt even read my first post past the word lag because if you had u would have realised that i wasnt talking about lag in game but rather the 12 year delay in getting updated patches like peeps are currently waiting for 1.71 and every other patch for that matter.

The content of your first post shows you are correct in saying you dont throw your rattle out of the pram but rather you have fallen out of said pram along with the rattle.

The only person doing any crawling it seems is you mate, up your employers arse while you got your tongue in over drive.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
E&E's are NOT employees of GOA. We don't pay them, we never have and we never will.

The correct term for them is actually "Volunteers" but we use Eyes and Ears because it sounds better ;)

tierk

Part of the furniture
[GOA]Erivoss said:
E&E's are NOT employees of GOA. We don't pay them, we never have and we never will.

The correct term for them is actually "Volunteers" but we use Eyes and Ears because it sounds better ;)

Like i said crawling up there arses maybe he heard of a vacancy or something? :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
People whine. People whine about people whining. The whining is amplified by people whining about the whining, If you just let it die rather than bumping the post we wouldnt have to read it any more (ironically this post will bump it as well :p ). Its a damn game you nerds stop getting all emotional about it, time to dry those eyes and get on with life and/or DAOC as the case may be.

Gegge

Loyal Freddie
tierk said:
The only person doing any crawling it seems is you mate, up your employers arse while you got your tongue in over drive.

wtf :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom