- Jan 5, 2004
Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.68b Release Notes
January 28, 2004
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- To make selecting and getting your own loot easier, we have added a new key, 'Target Nearest Loot'. This key will target only items that you can actually pick up (personal & group loot, relics, etc).
- To make finding your loot easier in raid situations, you can now use /stick, /follow, and /face on objects/loot.
- To allow players to leave keys free to be used for quickbinding (implemented in 1.68a), you can now set keys in the Keyboard Config screen to 'No Key'. Select the key, and press the '[Clear Key]' button that appears. Previously, if you left a key as UNSET, a default key would be selected for it if one was free.
- Split /gc info into /gc info, /gc ranks, and /gc alliance to display the individual info sections separately.
- Autosplit messages will now include the name of the item in the "Loot goes to (player)" message.
- "You are hit for..." messages have been changed to "(Attacker name) hits you for" in most cases.
- By default NPC healers will attempt to restore all of a player's constitution at once assuming they have enough cash. If the player does not have enough cash to afford a full restore of constitution, the NPC healer will offer to restore as many constitution points as the player can afford.
- Added [Level ##] tag to the end of quest confirmations to indicate the minimum level for that quest.
- Added /fdistance command to set a player's desired follow distance for his pet from himself.
- Spells should now cause an interrupt chance on a given target for a duration of 2 seconds after they strike the target. This fixes a bug where casters would be interrupted for an incorrect amount of time when hit with spells in some cases.
- (Pendragon Only) Sphere of Rejuvenation and Font of Power should now properly cast on all valid targets in the area. This fix is on live servers as of 1.67f.
- (Pendragon Only) Extra Bodyguard checks are now made to prevent multiple/chained Bodyguards. This fix is on live servers as of 1.67f.
- All Convoker list master abilities should now be on separate recast timers.
- The Convoker master ability, Brittle Guard, should now be on a five minute recast timer.
- The Animist's Vent of Elemental Resistance and Vent of Physical Resistance turret lines will no longer spam the area with messages when the spells are cast or when they expire. The turrets should also now recast these spells before they expire.
- Fixed a bug with delving spell lists (pressing the "Info" button when highlighting a spell line at the trainer). Delving the spell list should now print the correct spell level and print level 50 spells if they exist (previously it was printing 1 spell level higher than the actual level).
- Characters should now move into the proper polearm attack stance when wielding the Lucerne Hammer Polearm Legendary Weapon.
- (Classic) The fossil guardian (Summon Bone Patroller line) should now have a visible shield when viewing the monster while running the classic client.
- We have made optimizations to crossing zone boundaries to reduce pauses/hitches when crossing from one zone into another.
- Fixed a Pendragon-only bug with using quickbind on items on page 10 of the quickbar.
- (ToA Only) Fixed Pendragon-only client issues with splitting stacks/items correctly in the new XML vault window.
- You can now drag arrow icons (using Shift-LeftClick) from the quiver to the quickbar to hotkey switching arrow types.
REALM ABILITY CHANGES
- Thanes are now able to purchase the realm abilities, Mastery of Magery and Wild Power.
- Clerics are now able to purchase the realm ability, Wild Power.
- Bards are now able to purchase the realm ability, Mastery of Concentration.
ARTIFACT EXPERIENCE CHANGES
- Players will now be able to earn experience from RvR for every artifact. The PvE requirements will still work, allowing players to choose whether to continue following the PvE requirement or to engage in RvR. None of the changes involving the addition of RvR requirements to the artifacts will have any effect on Gaheris players.
- Rather than focusing on specific classes or races, the following artifacts have also been changed to earn experience from any RvR: Fool's Bow, Crown of Zahur, Scepter of the Meritorious, Tartaro's Gift, Battler, and Snatcher. The time of day requirements for earning experience for the Ceremonial Bracers and Band of Stars has been removed.
ITEM STAT REPORTING
- To make loot distribution easier, you can now print item stats automatically to the guild, group, chatgroup, and battlegroup chat channels.
- To use this feature, drag an item from your backpack to the chat buffer. It will print the delve information of the item to your current outgoing chat channel.
- You will be able to use item chat delve in ToA, SI, and Classic interfaces.
TOA USER INTERFACE MODDING SUPPORT
- We have added a new adapter, "game_time" to use as the current ingame time.
- Clothworking - A new trinket called "ruffled scarf" has been added for all material levels that uses 10 times the amount of material previous trinkets consumed, at an increased recipe timer.
- Leatherworking - A new trinket called "tooled leather saddlebag" has been added for all material levels that uses 10 times the amount of material previous trinkets consumed, at an increased recipe timer.
- Metalworking - A new trinket called "gem-studded jewelry box" has been added for all material levels that uses 10 times the amount of material previous trinkets consumed, at an increased recipe timer.
- Woodworking - A new trinket called "carved souvenir box" has been added for all material levels that uses 10 times the amount of material previous trinkets consumed, at an increased recipe timer.
- Hibernia Metalworking only - A new trinket called "ornate lantern" has been added for all material levels that uses 10 times the amount of material previous trinkets consumed, at an increased recipe timer.
- Alchemy - Dye Removal Agents for the removal of cloth, leather and enamel dyes have been added at skill level 108.
- Alchemy - Recipe icons for all dyes should now correspond to the inventory icons of dyes.
- Albion Spellcrafting - The recipe icons for the Vacuous Fervor Sigil and the Vacuous Sigil should now match the final product's inventory icon.
- Midgard Spellcrafting - The recipe icons for the Ashen Primal Rune and Ashen Rune should now match the final product's inventory icon.
- Hibernia Spellcrafting - The recipe icons for the Light War Spell Stone, Steaming Nature Spell Stone, and Steaming Spell Stone should now match the final product's inventory icon.
POTIONS AND POISONS
- Potions and poisons now have color-coded inventory and recipe icons.
- For Alchemy potions, the color coding is as follows: Stat buffs - purple bottle; Heal and health regen - red bottle; Endurance heal and endurance regen - green bottle; Power heal and power regen - yellow bottle; Damage shield - orange bottle; Attack speed/haste - blue bottle
- For Poisons, the color coding is as follows: DoTs - black vial; Strength debuffs - blue vial; Snares - orange vial; Diseases - purple vial; Miscellaneous (atk speed debuff, and others) - aqua vial
CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES
Quests - General
- An End to the Daggers - There was a bug that was causing one of Geyra's Guards not to follow her. This has been fixed.
- The Robes of Ghostly Light (Albion) will now salvage for a more appropriate amount of leather squares.
- The Faded Leggings (Albion) now correctly look like studded armor instead of leather.
- The Ring of False Bravado (Midgard) has been renamed to Bracelet of False Bravado to match the slot in which the item fits.
- The Fuliginous Tiara (all realms) will now salvage for a more appropriate amount of cloth squares.
SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES
- Lady Eve will now offer new Paladins a choice of a thrusting one-handed weapon in addition to the slashing and crushing one-handed weapons and the slashing two-handed weapon she already offers.
- Missing Tapestry: Lilerbad's Beads of Valor have been changed to Lilerbad's Beads of Parrying. This item will now grant +2 Parry instead of +2 Valor. Blademasters who received Lilerbad's Beads of Quickness with +2 Stealth can trade them back to Lilerbad for the Lilerbad's Beads of Parrying.
TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES
- We have modified the way the Arbiter offers players their Master Level Paths. Previously, when players clicked on the name of the Master Level Path, they would receive a line asking, "are you [sure] you want that path", or "is that the [course] you wish to take". These keywords were causing problems for players who had completed ML 1 but hadn't chosen their path yet and said either of those words around the Arbiters.
- We have removed those two keywords. Now when a player clicks on the name of a Master Level Path (such as Warlord or Battlemaster), a dialog box will pop-up, asking the player if they wish to choose that path. Players must then either click accept (and be set on that path) or decline. When players accept, they will see a message stating that they have been given the Choose Your Path quest and that they have completed this same quest. The quest will then be removed from their completed list. This should help avoid players being given a path by accident rather than by their choice.
Quests - General
- The final encounter monsters for 'A Daughter's Journey' in Scrios de Atlantis and Ruinerar Atlantis should now attack players regardless of their level.
- The map given out by Guddrik for 'A Daughter's Journey' in Ruinerar Atlantis should give more detailed directions to the Sunken Ruins.
- Stolen History - Champions should now be able to equip the Melos Braided Pearl Necklace. Any Paladin or Champion who received a Melos Knotted Pearl Necklace can return it to Actanei in the Melos Territory in Mesothalassa and receive a Melos Braided Pearl Necklace instead.
- Broken History - Koryna and Oleta should no longer spawn on top of each other.
- Marauding Bandits - Berserkers may now choose a one- or two- handed sword as part of their reward choices.
- Bounty Quests have been added to the Trials of Atlantis for level 35 to 50 for all three realms. Speak to the residents of the Havens to learn more about these new Bounty Quests.
- Due to player feedback, the story encounter, "The Silver Horn", has had a new function added to it. This function is for groups not wanting to wait for the full time to expire in between tiers of fighters. Players now have the ability to walk up to the Triton Announcer and /say ready. This will send out the next tier of fighters a few seconds later.
- Colossal no longer requires players to be level 50 in order to receive credit for successful completion of the encounter.
- Healer's Embrace - Mesedsubastet now has a much lower chance of being attacked by confused monsters.
- Erinys Charms - After Samut enters the fray you will now have much more time to do battle with him. Samut's Charm effect will now always vanish after Samut perishes. Additionally, the charms will remain with Samut until he perishes after the battle begins.
- The general taur population has been thinned out a bit throughout Typhon's Reach and Ashen Isles, particularly around bridges and the entrance area to Deep Volcanus. This should allow a single group a fighting chance to make their way into Deep Volcanus.
- The general population taur have had their aggression radius tuned down.
- The story encounter, "A Flask", has had its difficulty reduced. The aggro range of any Taur checking for the flask carrier has been reduced. The amount of monsters in the area for the encounter has also been reduced.
- The story encounter, "Shades of Mist", would not properly reset in certain situations. This has been fixed.
- Ibn should no longer get stuck in Whirlwind form.
- We have fixed an issue where Ibn would become unkillable and aggressive before Agne's Sword was found.
Temple of Twilight
- The majority of the monsters outside of any of the Gorgon temples have had their spawn rate significantly reduced due to player feedback.
- We have fixed an issue where Medusa's temple door would sometimes not properly unlock itself after the encounter was finished.
- The molded statues and statue sentinels have been changed to always be active. This is to fix the targetting issues and the inability to do damage to these monsters.
- Pregnant cobras will now spawn more frequently.
- Trial 7.2, "Know Your Opponent", has had some changes made to how the faction gaining system works. Now each member in the group should share in an equal amount of faction gain. This should help some of the support classes from being left behind in a group.
- Crush weapons will now do more damage to Typhon.
- The monsters used in Trial 7, Encounter 9 to take down the mystical barriers in Typhon's room have had their level lowered.
- Typhon's defense has been lowered.
City of Aerus Encounters
- Trial 9.2, "Defeating Lachlen" will now award battlegroup credit as well as single group credit.
Artifacts and Researchers
- Aten's Shield - We have fixed a bug that was causing Mercenaries to receive the large version of Aten's Shield instead of the medium one. Mercenaries that received the large version should return it to Scholars Ailigean or Leron to receive their medium version.
- Scarab Wing Vest - Due to a bug previous bug with the maubastet Tey, some players below level 46 were able to acquire (but not activate) the Golden Scarab Vest. Since credit for the encounter is not awarded below level 46 and Tey will only give one pair of Magical Scarab-wing Gloves to each player, these players are now stuck. We have put in a fix these players so they may activate the Golden Scarab Vest. Players that are stuck may obtain credit for the Scarab Wing Vest encounter by speaking to Tey provided they meet all of these requirements: they have previously obtained the Magical Scarab-wing Gloves from Tey, they are now at least level 46, they have neutral faction with the maubastet, they have the Golden Scarab Vest artifact in their inventory, and they have not received credit for the Scarab Wing Vest or its encounter already.
- Trials of Atlantis introduced many new area of effect artifacts and abilities that pulse to players within a certain region. Unfortunately, affecting every player in range has proven to be unbalancing and damaging to the game, in many ways. In 1.68, we are introducing limits to the maximum number of players affected by these artifacts and abilities, to give us a balance point that we can use for these abilities.
- The maximum number of player targets affected by Radiant Aura spells is now capped at twenty.
- The Fountain of Health and Fountain of Power spells on Jacina's Sash will now affect a maximum of forty players.
- The Celestial Healing and Herbal Regrowth spells on A Healer's Embrace will now affect a maximum of forty players.
- The Aura of Kings spell on the Spear of Kings will now affect a maximum of twenty players.
- The Zahur's Aura of Magic spell on the Crown of Zahur will now affect maximum of twenty players.
- The Aura of Magic Power spell on the Cloudsong cloak will now affect a maximum of twenty players.
- Radiant Aura (Crocodile Tear Ring level 10 ability) now only works on players and controlled monsters (pets and charmed monsters).
- Radiant Aura will now work on controlled monsters after the first pulse (previously pets would not keep up with Radiant Aura'd speed songs).
- The Waters of Life spell from A Flask will no longer prevent players from stealthing.
- The Javelins of Flame summoned by the Golden Spear now work as a charged item and will no longer use ground targeting.
- The weapons summoned by the Belt of the Sun may now be equipped at any hour, but will vanish upon death or logging out. Please note the weapons may still only be summoned during daytime hours.
- The resist bonuses on the cloth version of the Crown of Zahur (Albion) have been raised to 5% to match the other versions.
- The Bow of the Whispering Wind (Albion) will now drop with a slower attack speed. The existing versions of this item will not be changed.
- The Bow of Silent Oblivion (Hibernia and Albion) will now drop with a slower attack speed. The existing versions of this item will not be changed.
- The Mystic Runed Defender (All Realms) and the Golden Runed Defender (Midgard/Hibernia) have had their strength bonuses increased slightly to be more appropriate to the level of the item.
- The Heart of Volcanus named drops should now have the correct 90 second re-use timer and recharge cost for all charged items.
- The Maddening Scalar gloves will now earn experience in the frontier dungeons.
- The Aura of Armoring reactive proc on the Guard of Valor should now stack with all types of armor factor buffs.
- The healing bonus on the Salamander Skin Drum (Albion) has been removed. The remaining magical bonuses have been increased.
- The Corroded Circlet of Sutekh (Midgard) now increases quickness instead of piety, and parry instead of staff.
- The Runemasters Staff of Sand (Midgard) should no longer display two "Usable by" fields.
- The Vest of Reveries (Hibernia) no longer has a requirement associated with its bonus to constitution.
- The Mace of Blood (Hibernia) now has a bonus to Constitution to replace the blank stat bonus.
- Volcanus items should no longer have "vs. mob type" requirements for stat or resistance bonuses.
- The blank resistance bonus on the Enchanted Runed Defender (Albion) has been set to thrusting resistance.
- The Constitution bonus on the Lightning Etched Mail Hauberk (Albion) is now correctly set to 15 points.
- The Staff of Blood for all three realms now has a Lifetap charge.
- The Staff of Blood for all three realms now has a Lifetap charge.
- Naxos's Tidal Sword (Hibernia) now correctly gives a bonus to large weaponry instead of blades.
- The Storm Struck Bow (Albion) now gives a bonus to Longbow instead of Bow.
- The Thunder Skin drum (Hibernia) is now able to be equipped by Bards.