1.67a

N

nocode

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Live Version 1.67a Release Notes

December 17, 2003

===================================

- Necromancer armor will now degrade based on their pet being hit. This was changed in 1.67 previously, but was not properly noted. The reason this was changed was due to the fact that previously necromancers were the only class in the game that did not receive damage to their armor under normal combat conditions. This is no longer the case, and now necromancers will need to repair their armor like other classes are required to.

I guess u cant get lv 50 armor fully SC'd and lvl from 1 till 50 without changing gear anymore :)

Would be nice if (since they can fix this) proc's would transfer to pet aswell.

H

Hotandsandy

Great a necro nerf

Now concentrate on something useful Mythic

N

nocode

Well not a nerf tbh but a fix but would be cool if they would fix real bugs instead of these minor bugs that no1 cares about.

Ooh well i guess they will do that in patch 3.99z or something

K

Kagato.

I can understand there need to be 'fair'

But come on realistically speaking the Necromancer is a ghost, and invisible, untargetable wraith thats not being attacked, the summoned pet is, so it does not really make sense that the Necro's armour suffers too.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Kagato.
I can understand there need to be 'fair'

But come on realistically speaking the Necromancer is a ghost, and invisible, untargetable wraith thats not being attacked, the summoned pet is, so it does not really make sense that the Necro's armour suffers too.

just see as if the pet is wearing the armour? Not like a shade can actually carry and wear anything. ;)

A

Arnor

what you ofc havent gotten yet is that beside the armor shit, necros are getting a cute stealth-twack with the nerfbat, so do your powerlvling while you can

F

Flimgoblin

they do get a boost in 1.65 though - melee resists, more hp etc.

They're kinda balancing them - bit of a shame for my necro but it's something that's gotta happen.

With any luck they'll fix the "blown apart in two nukes" aspect too...

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by nocode

I guess u cant get lv 50 armor fully SC'd and lvl from 1 till 50 without changing gear anymore :)

It's going to take yonks for that patch to get here - you could probably level 5 Necros from 1-50 using current methods before that's implemented :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Arnor
what you ofc havent gotten yet is that beside the armor shit, necros are getting a cute stealth-twack with the nerfbat, so do your powerlvling while you can

it was a bug where the pet had level 0 monster AF - fixed pretty quickly.

What they need to "stealth whack" as you put it is con buffs on pets.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
they do get a boost in 1.65 though - melee resists, more hp etc.

They're kinda balancing them - bit of a shame for my necro but it's something that's gotta happen.

With any luck they'll fix the "blown apart in two nukes" aspect too...

Yes, nice that melee resist will be added... however, what mythic never told anyone but was found through testing is that the "armor" of the pet changes from plate absorb to cloth absorb, which more than negates added melee resists.

I don't care about the armor getting hits since with using 2 or 3 pieces of summoning gear you can cap a post 1.65 necro easily with cheap 99% cloth. What i want to know is whether or not jewelry takes hits as well.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

With logical reasoning people should convince Mythic that if cloth armor of the necro gets hit, the cloth should be visibly transferred to pet in both graphics and colour... :D

Would solve the common necro complaint of every necro looking the same.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Retarded Mythic.
I cannot believe they have the guts to even slightly nerf necro's while the class is still SO bugged.
Fix those bugs before you nerf it, utter retards.
And if you insist on having armor degrade (staff already degrades like mad) why not allow the procs to transfer to the pet also?
Typical retarded Mythic logic.
Regards, Glottis

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Retarded Mythic.
I cannot believe they have the guts to even slightly nerf necro's while the class is still SO bugged.
Fix those bugs before you nerf it, utter retards.
And if you insist on having armor degrade (staff already degrades like mad) why not allow the procs to transfer to the pet also?
Typical retarded Mythic logic.
Regards, Glottis

Well there is some logic to it.... at the moment they are balancing the 'equipment' side of the necro, allowing more stats to pass to pet, yet having the armor degrade.

I expect soon they will adress the numerous RvR bugs, and after those are fixed and necro's are worthy in rvr they might adress (nerf) the deathsight necro's uberness in PvE.

By that time i'll have 8 level50's on my main account and won't care anyway ;).

PS: Glottis, using other curse words than just variations of 'retards' makes you look smarter :great:.

T

thorwyntf

Ok, that´s it.
Neros are busted now. They won´t recover from that blow for a while,.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
PS: Glottis, using other curse words than just variations of 'retards' makes you look smarter :great:.

Have to stay polite, otherwise BW mods might ban me :)
But those transfers don't mean very much. They changed the absorb from plate to cloth someone posted.
Basically making everybody happy with nothing, and hoping nobody notices.
They had about a year to fix these bugs, and yet have done nothing :(
But bringing See Hidden into line took them about a year also.. guess speed is not their best strength.
Regards, Glottis

S

Silenzio

yess and maybe since fixing they will reduce the damage rate ov necros staff...

T

Teren

http://vnboards.ign.com/board.asp?brd=22324

read some whine posts there

one says that he lost 30% con in one evening of farming....

they say that necros armor decades 4-5 times faster than other chars even armour, and ALL armour decades when hit, not just the part that got hit...

this is not so scary for deathsight necros, but think of the servant ones... to work efficiently they need to get hit, lALOT.....

FOAD MYTHIC!

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Seems that with the introduction of ToA ALL armor is degrading 4-5 times faster than normal. People losing a lot of con doing some pve. One even lost 2% dur on one high lvl mob.
Great stuff I guess.
Will read vn whine boards now. Mythic getting carried away once more.
Regards, Glottis

A

Arnor

Originally posted by thorwyntf
Ok, that´s it.
Neros are busted now. They won´t recover from that blow for a while,.

:ROFLMAO:

aww so sad you cant pl a toon alone from 20-50 in 2days played :(

ye necros are crappish in rvr, but there are alot of other classes that are rancid in rvr and cant pl worth a crap, so have fun :p

necro, while bugged can atleast absorb melee dmg pretty well and af-debuff is of roxx, ye they are bugged to fuck but hey, what class doesnt have its problems?

T

thorwyntf

Well.. you still can PL toons in 2 days played. It´s just a little more expensive which, of course, is a "major" point when you´re farming like 1 plat per hour as a side effect of levelling your alt.
This "nerf" doesn´t solve the Necro problem at all. It doesn´t even touch it.

F

Flimgoblin

the cloth-absorb was a BUG read up :p and it's apparently fixed.

the armour degrading is an interesting one - it might be it all decays 6 times faster (assuming it decays everything for the full amount on any pet hit...)

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Yeah i read that too now fing.

Anyway a smart necro will not be harmed by the armor degrade nerf cos the mobs he nukes will be dead before they reach them ;). with dex transferring to the pet AND highlevel dex buffs the casting time is rediculous.

With 50 enhance MotA 3 dex buffs and capped dex a post 1.65 necro can fit 4 taps in a FP.

Q

quinthar

Complete utter load of shit imho

No other pets sustain dmg that is passed to the owner, no other classes are solely dependant on their pets.

Even though the necro doesnt technically exist in this plane when they are in shade form they are going to take dmg on their armour when their pets take dmg? I mean wtf are these twats smoking?

Because Mythic are too far up thier own backsides they have decided to take a class that is for all intense and purposes not great in RVR and add to thier woes.

I dont think anybody would disagree and say that almost ever form of necro is without doubt the best pound for pound PVE char in the entire game, the fact they are not much fun to play in RVR unless your in a group seem to be lost on those fools, they are now saying your a real person therefore you now take dmg, ok, by the same token, let me use the charges I was given on my epics, let me use buff potions, let me use procs.

Now before people start telling me to look at joe bloggs 5th highest char in the world and he is a necro let me ask some things, do you currently and consistently play a necro in rvr? if you do is it your only char?, I rarely see necros out in the field now and most it seems are after the RP's to purchase RA's for PVE.

I used to play my necro a lot in RVR I dont even recall the last time I went out now, CC is great fun on necros, you sit there for the full duration...what a fun time that is.

Almost any class can rip the crap outa the necro if they have CC.

For those people that suggest the mob should be dead before it gets to the necro are clearly refering to deathsight necros, unfortunatly there are 2 other ways arguably better and quicker to PL chars, but they rely on DoT's and PBAOE's quite hard to use that at range :).

There is a fantastic number of bugs that need to be fixed, so instead of looking at them they have decided to bend Necros over the barrel and shove it right up there.

I was looking forward to TOA, now I wonder what nerf is next on the horizon, I think I honestly would have been less displeased if they had reduced the effectivness of Dragonfang or summat.

The bottom line is this, when was the last time you heard a whine about Necros in RVR? I honestly dont recall when.

This does go to show how ineffectual they have been made.

Edited to fix some moody typos

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
Yeah i read that too now fing.

Anyway a smart necro will not be harmed by the armor degrade nerf cos the mobs he nukes will be dead before they reach them ;). with dex transferring to the pet AND highlevel dex buffs the casting time is rediculous.

With 50 enhance MotA 3 dex buffs and capped dex a post 1.65 necro can fit 4 taps in a FP.

Assuming you are Death Sight of course :)

M

medowind

Tbh it’s just a joke now, lets all giggle and point.

What they should do is just make the shade attackable and fully break the class so no one plays it and you don’t have to worry about it anymore.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by quinthar
Assuming you are Death Sight of course :)

Oh, didn't know necro's could spec anything else... :great:

N

nocode

Originally posted by quinthar

Now before people start telling me to look at joe bloggs 5th highest char in the world and he is a necro let me ask some things, do you currently and consistently play a necro in rvr? if you do is it your only char?, I rarely see necros out in the field now and most it seems are after the RP's to purchase RA's for PVE.

Edited to fix some moody typos

I play my necro quite a bit in RvR.
I recently dinged RR5 on my necro and no its not my only character as u can see in my sign. i got a lvl 50 arms/pally/infi/necro. Yeah necro's are damn hard to play in RvR because of the damn bugs. Loosing pets at milegates because they decide to run off. 100% CC time. 100% crits magic and melee ( dunno if its a bug but its damn anoying) just to name a few RvR related ones.
Its just i enjoy playing her, people i group with always love my power transfers. tanks LOVE AF debuff. even S+S pally's can hit a savage for 270dmg :p
U just have to get used to the bugs and disadvantages. a sorc/mincer in grp for demezz is damn nice.
Keep in mind not to be in front when first CC lands and u can be ok for a little while. especialy in DF i noticed necro's get left alone quite often. loads of times im the last to die.

PS. also RvR'd quite a bit with other char's RR 5 arms and infi RR3 pally. but i just enjoy necro more ;) and am aiming for NR1 necro on exc ;P

I

ilienwyn

I liked playing necro in rvr too. But bugs are too much sometimes. Funny though, if we could keep pet wounded all the time it should be immune to CC if it is like all mobs :D

R

-RG-Jaond

finaly the infil nerf i have been waiting for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom