1.65b SAVAGE NERF!

N

noaim

Originally posted by old.Nol
Been said enough times before, I don't need to say anything, there ar 101 savage threads you can go disbelieve if you like. This one is just about personal insults and trailer trash now :D

I am not questioning the fact that savages are better than heroes, what I wanted to know was how a hero is harder to play, since I see all those "savages are skilless noobs" but no "heroes are skilless noobs" or "armsmen are skilless noobs".

O

old.Mitsu

Takes the same amount of brain activity, yet some mids claim that savages are hard to play. :{

N

noaim

Originally posted by old.Mitsu
Takes the same amount of brain activity, yet some mids claim that savages are hard to play. :{

Actually, its mainly other realms that claim savages are "easy to play". I would say that they are as easy/hard to play as any other char, with the exception of a few classes. I got 7 lvl 50 characters and tried several other chars (yes, level 50) on albion, and to be honest i cant say that any of them has been harder to play than a savage.

P

parzi

savage with no det = hi thane#2 with no ranged ability !

hybrids got mana bar, spells, ranged damage and / or group abilitys (auras heals etc). savages have no spells, only abilitys, they are also listed as abilitys. sure they are overpowered, but removing determination is not the way to bring them in line. i made tons of other suggestions in other threads and wont bother to do again :p

and yeh,

"Actually, its mainly other realms that claim savages are "easy to play". I would say that they are as easy/hard to play as any other char, with the exception of a few classes. I got 7 lvl 50 characters and tried several other chars (yes, level 50) on albion, and to be honest i cant say that any of them has been harder to play than a savage."

can agree to that. only cause they are overpowered they are not easyer to play or a 1 button class.

well maybe a savage that plays as a 1 button class with anytimespam & haste dps evades buff spam will be as effective as a blademaster using positionals and stuff. but that does not mean that all savages play like this.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by noaim
Actually, its mainly other realms that claim savages are "easy to play". I would say that they are as easy/hard to play as any other char, with the exception of a few classes. I got 7 lvl 50 characters and tried several other chars (yes, level 50) on albion, and to be honest i cant say that any of them has been harder to play than a savage.

My experience of savages(like old zerkers) in RvR groups is that they seldom /assist, they can take out cloth and rf without any help whatsoever. LW Hero's and all other tank classes from both albion and hib /assist on targets for kills because they aren't capping insane damage/second as solo attackers.

I am not saying this goes for all savages, yes there are players that play the class well, it just makes the class seem that much more overpowered. That kind of careless abandon makes them easier to play in my opinion.

That clarify things a bit? Can I go back to posting images please, my time is valuable :D

I

infozwerg

My experience of savages(like old zerkers) in RvR groups is that they seldom /assist, they can take out cloth and rf without any help whatsoever. LW Hero's and all other tank classes from both albion and hib /assist on targets for kills

stormriderx used to not use /assist for a long time.

anyways, if you loose to groups where tanks dont assist you deserve to spend your valuable time crying on bw.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by infozwerg
stormriderx used to not use /assist for a long time.

anyways, if you loose to groups where tanks dont assist you deserve to spend your valuable time crying on bw.

The point is that you can do everything right against a savage group and still lose.

S

stunned

Savage are prolly one of the ''harder'' meele classes to play well, with quickbars etc to really maximize the outcome.

Unfortunalty even a shitplayed savage does to much dmg.
Put them on hybrid RAs and cut down evade. I think with bof and good pbaoe teams and slammable savages it should balance out ok.

G

Grandpeck

Erm is it me or not that thinks part of the problem is u ppl dont get your targets right ? I mean u know u have to kill savage first if they are that uber so why arent u doing it ? Im sure the evade /triple hit combo is gonna be triggered by someone attacking it so er why attack it. Cant u use slam or root or conc root or aoe root or stun or mezz to stop it in its tracks or is it just determin 4 too much for this char. I havent played a savage to 50 mine is only 24 and without buffs they are a bit sucky at times with no +hit styles (i think) is it buffbots that cause this char to be overpowered or the groups that play them ?

O

old.Moriaana

OMG! I just thought of a use for Battery of Life...

Keeping someone alive for an extra 3 seconds against a Savage

Why oh why did I buy that daft RA :(

Imo we should get a single line RA respec with every patch to remove 1 RA you dont like, need or think sucks bigtime due to not being able to test on Gorre before official patch day :p

N

noaim

Originally posted by old.Moriaana

Imo we should get a single line RA respec with every patch to remove 1 RA you dont like, need or think sucks bigtime due to not being able to test on Gorre before official patch day :p

Or in Midgards case, we get to plee for atleast ONE useful unique RA each patch, and hopefully, somewhere around 2004, we might get one too.

T

Tenebrarum

PLZ READ...

I ONLY HAVE ONE QUESTION ABOUT THIS THREAD:

is it supposed that... with full sc'd armor, ablatives, capped resists and stats, buffed by buffbot with 2300hit points + plate armor and die in 4 hits from 1 HEALER & 1 SAVAGE!!!???

bye...

PS: this is the main reason for emain zergs... overpowered classes come from every realms... either mid/alb/hib... then 3/4(3savages, 1healer[win button])guys kill 1/2fgs, then the 1fg comes with 3/4 fgs and kills em... then they come with 5 fg(mid situacion) and so on...
PS2: about last post... (noaim) you don't need ra's... doh... u have win button & savages... want some more?:wall:

P

parzi

this "we do everything right" doesnt fit with the "they dont even assist" thing... if you loose vs some random low rr groups as a high rr guildgrp or in a 2fg zerg vs 1 fg dont blame only savages...
I can understand that in 1 decent fg v 1 decent fg where maybe the savages decide the battle, but the whine is strong even with the zergers...

I

infozwerg

Re: PLZ READ...

1healer[win button]

groups with 1 healer loose horribly to almost everything

calling my insta ae grant mezzimmunity spell a win button is, excuse me, pathetic

N

noaim

Re: PLZ READ...

Originally posted by Tenebrarum
I ONLY HAVE ONE QUESTION ABOUT THIS THREAD:

is it supposed that... with full sc'd armor, ablatives, capped resists and stats, buffed by buffbot with 2300hit points + plate armor and die in 4 hits from 1 HEALER & 1 SAVAGE!!!???

bye...

PS: this is the main reason for emain zergs... overpowered classes come from every realms... either mid/alb/hib... then 3/4(3savages, 1healer[win button])guys kill 1/2fgs, then the 1fg comes with 3/4 fgs and kills em... then they come with 5 fg(mid situacion) and so on...
PS2: about last post... (noaim) you don't need ra's... doh... u have win button & savages... want some more?:wall:

lol

Those 1-2 FG's need to go back to school if they lost toward 1 healer and 3 savages. Instead of wasting time telling us, why dont you do these players a favour and sit down with them and explain the dynamics of DaoC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom