1.65 question

S

scarffs

When i read the 1.65 final version, the realm ability changes state that to reduce extreme cases of spell resists, they are applied separately to characters.
However, only Baod and AoM are refunded and changed then ?
I thought BoF was included in this aswell as avoid pain, but clearly not.
Anyone knows ?

F

Flimgoblin

bof/avoid pain add to your absorb not to your resists.

O

old.Ramas

And absorb already works with resists in the same way amgic resistence RAs do in 1.65.

1 - (1 - item/natural melee resist) x (1 - total absorb from armour & RAs) = effective melee resistance.

There are also effects from and through AF and so on, but for comparison with the magic setup, this is close enough.

S

scarffs

Ah ok, I thougt absorb was just a total of the different factors, and that when a ra says 'absorb 10% physical damage' that it does exactly that, and not 8% effectively depending on other resists.

But i'm clueless, so thats normal.

F

Falcon

It still needs looking at as badly as BAoD though because when you only hit for like 20dmg with BoF + AF buff on a target and have 100% of it absorbed by a minstrel ablative it's even easier for Albs to reach melee invulnerbility than it was for Hibs to reach magic invulnerability.

P

Pin

What could be looked at with absorb buffs is that they work additively with your normal absorb just like magic resists pre-1.65 (then multiplicatively with AF and melee resist).

This means that BoF on plate is about 76% damage reduction compared to no BoF, just like BAoD on 60% base resist means about 87% damage reduction compared to no BAoD.

If it were multiplicative with normal absorb, it would be a 50% damage reduction no matter what the base value is, just as BAoD is now 35% reduction no matter what your base resist is.

Users who are viewing this thread