1.65 delayed...

Oddor

Fledgling Freddie
I find it hard to believe that anyone actually believed that GoA would patch on time. I'll admit that I've only been playing for about 14 months but I do not recall a single patch that was patched on time AND had no new bugs in it (bugs that were not present in Mythic's live versions).

For what it's worth, the 1.64 patch is dated August 12th (a stunning 5,5 months) 2003 and 1.65 is date October 8th. 1.66, the ToA patch, is dated October 28th.

I think most of us know that the first one or two ToA patches are riddled with bugs and overpowered abilities. At the same time I'm fairly convinced that GoA will settle for patching 1.66 at the ToA patch and then leaving us out to dry as they claim summer vacations and other things, which we as customer aren't supposed to care about, delay the more important patches.

Apparently us getting multiple patches is supposed to be to our advantage, we'll see about that when ToA arrives.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Oddor said:
I find it hard to believe that anyone actually believed that GoA would patch on time.

As far as I remember, it's the first time a patch is delayed (3 days ...)

Oddor said:
I'll admit that I've only been playing for about 14 months but I do not recall a single patch that was patched on time AND had no new bugs in it (bugs that were not present in Mythic's live versions).

Mythic is in charge of the code for US and European version. GOA is only in charge of servers and translation (GOA make the translation and send it to Mythic who compile the patch. GOa haven't got the code (such code would cost millions of €)). So if there are bugs it's Mythic's fault

Oddor said:
For what it's worth, the 1.64 patch is dated August 12th (a stunning 5,5 months) 2003 and 1.65 is date October 8th. 1.66, the ToA patch, is dated October 28th.

We will get 1.65 next week and 1.67 next month. US servers are still working with the 1.67 patch. There were not 1 month between 1.65 and 1.67 on US servers.

Oddor said:
I think most of us know that the first one or two ToA patches are riddled with bugs and overpowered abilities. At the same time I'm fairly convinced that GoA will settle for patching 1.66 at the ToA patch and then leaving us out to dry as they claim summer vacations and other things, which we as customer aren't supposed to care about, delay the more important patches.

Apparently us getting multiple patches is supposed to be to our advantage, we'll see about that when ToA arrives.

GOA said many times they will directly patch in 1.67 .
http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1677
"Meanwhile the translation team continues to work on the next expansion Trials of Atlantis, which should be available in Europe by the end of February. The actual live version in the us, 1.67, will be released at this occasion, containing many corrections and specific modifications for Trials of Atlantis."

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:
Foundations patch, end of summer 2003, nuff said :p
SI patch, delayed by "waiting for files from Mythic"

Oddor

Fledgling Freddie
I'm bored, so I'll bite:
Ning said:
I wasn't referring to GOA's ability to meet their own schedule (and you'll have to admit, if they couldn't do that then that would give the word awful a new meaning). I was referring to GOA's general track record of (mis)communication, customer service, response time, server uptime and my favorite, the chronicles. To put it another way, I have become accustomed to expecting nothing but mistakes from GOA and assume the same about others.

Ning said:
Mythic is in charge of the code for US and European version. GOA is only in charge of servers and translation (GOA make the translation and send it to Mythic who compile the patch. GOa haven't got the code (such code would cost millions of €)). So if there are bugs it's Mythic's fault
GOA is in charge of testing the code and before each patch is applied they spend weeks testing. So when bugs appear (especially blatantly obvious ones, such as bugged sounds or consignment merchants, just to name a couple of examples) after those tests, Mythic is not the only party to blame.

Ning said:
We will get 1.65 next week and 1.67 next month. US servers are still working with the 1.67 patch. There were not 1 month between 1.65 and 1.67 on US servers.
We haven't received 1.67 yet so I won't pass judgement on that. Actually, waiting five and a half month for patch 1.64 is so amazing that I don't see the need to further reinforce my conclusion that GOA are slow.

Ning said:
GOA said many times they will directly patch in 1.67.
If we do indeed patch to 1.67 I'll stand corrected. However, GOA's statements and actions rarely follow the same path so I'll withold judgement here too.

Enjoy your weekend.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I find it hilarous that people get so pissed off about patches. You're still able to play the game in the mean time or would you rather they did even less testing and gave you even more unreliable servers?

Get a grip, get a life or sod off to the US servers you bunch of moaning gimps.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Hmm...my Thane gets a (tiny) bit of love, my Savage gets a big fat (and badly-thought-out by (Mythic of course) nerf...I'm in two minds about this one.

New keeps should be interesting though...and lots of smaller stuff in the patchnotes.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
latest word is the patch goes live on wednesday

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
I find it hilarous that people get so pissed off about patches. You're still able to play the game in the mean time or would you rather they did even less testing and gave you even more unreliable servers?

Get a grip, get a life or sod off to the US servers you bunch of moaning gimps.

people like to whine, plus why would not a paying customer be allowed to point out the problems with the company witch supplies them with what they paid for
:touch:

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmmm. From
GOA said:
When we prepare new versions we have a number of standard tests, and the last one of these, which usually works like a charm, got the red flag this time

To

GOA said:
As we announced yesterday, some game-stopping client bugs are still preventing us to patch

How do 'standard tests' that normally work suddenly metamorphose into 'game-stopping client bugs'? :kissit:

If youre going to tell porkies you need to keep to the same story! :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom