1.62 and /level

S

Skaven

Just to add a further question into the mix if anyone knows - will /level 20 automaticlly do your epics up to that point as well. And will we be given lvl 20 gear and not the lvl 1 noob crap we start off with?

M

mestoph

Not seen anything about the epic quests at all.

But for eq, there are merchants for eq suitable for your level. Just 85% quality tho. Mythic are generally taking the approach that if you have a 50 char. You have the access to alot of gold and ease of pass it around. Unguilded 50's are rare (gwizz on excal/alb being an exception), and even then your probably well known to people in rvr.

K

kallora

You need to do your epics up to level 20/30...

S

Skaven

Originally posted by kallora
You need to do your epics up to level 20/30...

Sigh :(
Trying to take the lvl grind out for lvl 50's then they keep the crappy epics everyones done about a thousand times in.

V

Vorcyn

Want them to play the game up till 50 after you use /level as well?

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by n3wbie
i thought it was so all the new people play the game for 1 week, find there is only 2 people at 1-20 in their realm and then quit.

Agreed. IMO they should limit it to ONE "free" char per lvl50 account...gives you some reward, yet keeps the game alive with a decent-sized population of lvl 1-20 chars for genuine newbies to grp/lvl with.

O

old.Alliandre

This new /level command will suck. It's not fair in the slightest. Let me explain.

Someone has a bard. They play a tune, are always afk. They manage to get to level 50 in three days /played with no problem.

Someone else has a Nightshade. They find it hard to get groups, hence they find it hard to level. They manage to get to level 50 with thirty days /played (inbetween tailoring to legendary).

Has anyone not noticed this? I've started leveling my Warden more and if I don't get to level 50 with her by 1.62 I'm going to be respecing my light chanter to mana. Atm it's just going to get people to create a character easy to level first, and new players will never learn what the first 20 levels are truely like.

B

Bagloor

Originally posted by old.Alliandre
and new players will never learn what the first 20 levels are truely like.

Let me tell new ppl what the first 20 levels are like :p

/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task
/s task...

O

old.Alliandre

Some people like to do things other than task all the way through the first 20 levels, like go to the parth farm, Muire tomb, etc. It's nice to get some drops. There's also Abermenai that alot of people like to go to, and there's quite a few quests to.

M

mestoph

Some people like to do things other than task all the way through the first 20 levels, like go to the parth farm, Muire tomb, etc. It's nice to get some drops. There's also Abermenai that alot of people like to go to, and there's quite a few quests to.

Drops that are pointless the day after, unless jewelry or necro kit.

J

Jaem

Question:

Will classes that are able to autotrain a skill, get the points?

for example, would someone doing a NS with /level 30, would this char recieve these free points? or maybe only the minium amount of stealth allowed?

Anyone know? :)

I do have a worry about this /level their adding, new people coming into the game(*shocked* yes there are new ones about) will have a harder time, so called "n00bs" will most likely find it very difficult as there won't be many experienced players around at their level.

I think everyone will make a class that "pwns" alot and then they'll get nerfed when people realise their overpowered, ruining the class in the end.

J

Jaem

I wonder who will be making level 30 full buff spec bots? :eek:

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Jaem
Question:

Will classes that are able to autotrain a skill, get the points?

for example, would someone doing a NS with /level 30, would this char recieve these free points? or maybe only the minium amount of stealth allowed?
What i understood from what i've read. You will not get benefits from autotrain when using the /level command you will loose thoose point just like if you had trained the skill yourself.

Originally posted by Jaem
I wonder who will be making level 30 full buff spec bots?
Well you still need 2 accounts and 1 lvl50 on each account to make use of any new bot on another server/realm :)

O

old.linnet

Atm it's just going to get people to create a character easy to level first, and new players will never learn what the first 20 levels are truely like.

People do that anyway, and then use their level 50 to powerlevel alts. (I mean, the sort of people who might want to take advantage of level in the same way, and it is the same thing ;) )

At least the classes who get 50 fast tend to be support specs, which is useful to the realm, if they ever get played.

R

rynnor

On BG's - if your in a realm thats allowed level 30 (ie Hib :) you can level to 20 get your free gear then port to BG1 and \level to 30 - could be pretty nasty to find level 30 Nightshades etc in BG1!

Edit - Doh - I think you have to be near your trainer to use /level tho - anyone know?

J

Jaem

Reminds me of when they added that guy in each realms capital on the test server, so funny,all went into the frontier and got owned by some level 50 warden :p

F

Flimgoblin

you get free kit for level 20/30 from some folks in camelot - no idea on the quality, but it's enough for you to go get some cash killing greens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom