1.62 and /level

M

mestoph

Okie, 1.62 patches tomorrow in the US with the /level command in place.

So GOA should get files off Mythic by friday.

And then we wait a good few weeks for them to translate them.

So if we're really luck we might have the patch by end of the month.

M

mestoph

auto level and char on any server to 20, if you have a 50th level char on a server.

O

old.LandShark

What /level is: a genius device to make absolutely damn sure that, well, first mana chanters and then probably savages or infils get nerfed.
Everyone rolls FOTMs, FOTMclass population soars, mythic nerf :x

T

Tired_Goat_BW

Originally posted by mestoph
auto level and char on any server to 20, if you have a 50th level char on a server.

Really?
Good, i could make my lvl 20 reaver v fast..on excal

Or maybe a infi to keel some dudes in RvR
I need a change from getting killed off 1PA ...
SO reaver might be ok...Sheild/Sheilds/Damage spells...

Or a stealther to see how it feels to kill things once ;)

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Lynx-^
Really?
Good, i could make my lvl 20 reaver v fast..on excal

Or maybe a infi to keel some dudes in RvR
I need a change from getting killed off 1PA ...
SO reaver might be ok...Sheild/Sheilds/Damage spells...

Or a stealther to see how it feels to kill things once ;)

Somehow I doubt albion on any of the english servers will get the /level command.

Just a hunch.

T

Tired_Goat_BW

How come?
They should. Albs arnt to overpowered...they just have nice zergs, they dont bother me ofc unless im doing somthing important, it's only a game i stress to my guildies /whine!

lvl 1-20 is the most annoying lvl's ever in the game
accept lvls 47-50

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I think you should read the pathnotes and the idea behind the /level command :p

T

Tired_Goat_BW

ok, will do when i get home
cant atm
we all rdy to go etc

V

Vorcyn

Underpopulated realms get to /level to 30, the rest get to /level to 20, everyone gets some form of /level though.

A

acei

The /level command sounds decent to me.... I've already been through the 1-20 a few times now and they're the most boring levels possibly. Sure new people should level like normal, that's why it's only level 50's that can make the chars. This will finally give me a chance to try out some of the chars and see which one i'm going to try and roll next, probably up my to level 20 and my bonedancer to level 20, maybe even a zerker just to see how over-powered they are :)

K

Kerram Darktyde

if i read the ongoing blurb right, a character that uses /level can not go into any BG's?

Anyone confirm that?

A

acei

Originally posted by Kerram Darktyde
if i read the ongoing blurb right, a character that uses /level can not go into any BG's?

Anyone confirm that?
You can enter BG's. There are no restrictions in effect on /level chars that i can see.

F

Flimgoblin

you can go into BGs just not the level 15-19 one (or thidranki/abermenai if you /level 30)

T

tris-

i thought it was so all the new people play the game for 1 week, find there is only 2 people at 1-20 in their realm and then quit.

S

Solid

well for Mythic, maintaining current subs is more important than getting new subs and holding them.

Not enuff new players are joining DAoC to warrant a shift in priority on mythics part from long term subscribers to new subscribers.

Oh and btw you can /level to ANY level you want between the free range, so you could /level 19, go enjoy BG0, then once capped if you were in the underpopulated realm, you could instantly /level 24 and go enjoy Thid, cap out of there then finally /level 30 and get on towards reaching 30-50 the old skool way.

K

kallora

Sorry you can't do /level 19 then go into BG0... we pointed out in testing that a /level 30 could do this and ding every time he killed soneone and end up at level 30 in BG0 (or BG1). They now check your XP total instead of your actual level before porting you to a BG, so if you levelled to 19 instead of 20 you'd go to BG1 instead of BG0 because you ahve XP for 20.5

Note, you get XP for 20.5 or 30.5 from the /level command, plus you can get some freebee gear from the capital cities. You don't get cash nor can you sell or slavage the freebe gear.

As for which relams they've set to be /level 30, Alb has been totally screwed... on my server Glahad which is one of the more balanced RvR servers, they've given /levl 30 to bith Hib and mids, so we are gonna very soon be the underdogs when Mid churns out its legions of Savages...

The low level BGs will be dead and caledonia will be overun but warms of locust-like Hib and mid 30s...

I am currently MIGHTY pissed off...

S

Solid

glad ur MIGHTY pissed off, least ALbs have SOMETHING to be pissed off about in 1.62, with your gloating in the SB thread, I hope your servers ARE overrun by FOTM savages.

What goes around comes around :D

O

old.Emma

i see both hib on prydwen and excal getting the /level 30 command.. so im defenatly looking forward to rolling a nice brand new FoTm chanter or maybe even a champ.. see which one gets nurfed first then roll a different hib char until all the viable class`s are nurfed \o/

hell it worked for you albs/hibs regarding mid so it MUST work against you also.

A

Aoln

can i get lvl20(or 30) on excal using my lvl50 on prydwen?

T

tripitaka

Wot no BG0 ?

WTG mythic - balls it up why don't ya.. lvl 20 ROFL best bit is the BG's at lower levels

and if the /level to lvl 30 on low population servers is true then those chars would miss out on thidranki too -

so the 2 best BG's gone just like that..

Goo dif you don't wanna go there, crap if you as you still have to lvl to 15/19 - 20/24 first.

But then again, those with lvl 50's , it shouldnt be a problem to pwr lvl alts to 19 anyways :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Solid
Oh and btw you can /level to ANY level you want between the free range, so you could /level 19, go enjoy BG0, then once capped if you were in the underpopulated realm, you could instantly /level 24 and go enjoy Thid, cap out of there then finally /level 30 and get on towards reaching 30-50 the old skool way.

nope...

you get the xp for level 20.5 or 30.5 depending

and the battleground caps are now by xp...
you get your /level, then you click on your trainer and ding*15 (every time you click you ding - same as if you level up to 6 without picking a new class - all bubbles filled but no ding... moment you choose your class and right click the trainer - ding)

this also works when you gain any xp at all - i.e. gain 1 from killing a green (or an enemy in RvR) = ding...

so people were getting into the BG at level 19 (with the xp to get to 30.5), killing, or having their group kill 11 enemies and voila, level 30 in Abermenai.

Hence they capped it - you can't port to the BG if your total xp is >= the min for level 20.

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by Aoln
can i get lvl20(or 30) on excal using my lvl50 on prydwen?

According to what Mythic has announced, yes.

T

tripitaka

WTG mythic - balls it up why don't ya.. lvl 20 ROFL best bit is the BG's at lower levels

and if the /level to lvl 30 on low population servers is true then those chars would miss out on thidranki too -

so the 2 best BG's gone just like that..

Goo dif you don't wanna go there, crap if you as you still have to lvl to 15/19 - 20/24 first.

But then again, those with lvl 50's , it shouldnt be a problem to pwr lvl alts to 19 anyways :)

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by tripitaka

Was it me or cn you not log in two chars on the same account? I make no apologies for not haviong a 2nd, and even if i did, what kinda crappy PL char is Cleric, all that can be done with Chilly is give shitty buffs (fear the smite)

M

mestoph

The whole reason behind the /level command was. Currently if a lvl 50 wanted another char at a high lvl. It would get powerlvl'ed up in a day or so. And so wouldn't be in the BG's anyhow. This way they save on system resources of the servers, and stop xp zones getting wiped by 50's who are powerleveling. Currently the beach at adlard/diogel is occupied by myself and a couple other 50th level chars on excal and we powerlevel other people. We just wipe the zone over and over. I'm doing it for cash as its the best i've found, but someone might as well get the xp. And i can generally take someone from 25-35 in a day (p.s ITS MY BEACH KEEP AWAY ;)) For those that still want to level normally you can. I still will level some of my chars normally. But others are only going to be for RvR and i see no point in powerlvl'ing a char when i can avoid it. I'm no longer in need of learning the game. As for RP's, you can get 1000 rps in 4 kills in rvr with a guild group at level 24, so why would i stand around in BG for hours trying to get the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom