1.60e The death of relic raids

S

SingerOfSoul

yet another fuckup and bad decision

in 1.60e patchnotes

SIEGE WEAPON CHANGES

- Only 3 siege weapons can attack a door at the same time.

S

shilak

Yup, another kick in the teeth for those planning relic raids, if there are any!

Wonder if we can get a petition going to get the frontier lands redesigned and new things to do in RvR.

S

Sohan_THC

WHY ????

We asked for it or so ?
we had probs with it that 5 rams were build up on relic raid ?
relic raid is so populair we do it every day ?
now it is even more nerved great thanx way to go

i bet they have a wheel of furtune and spinn it everymorning
to see what to alter, in this case max rams relic --> done.

200+ zone crash if they fix that first THEN THE RAMS
stuppid muppets now we have to do it wilh max 100 ppl
and only 9 rams oh goodie im signing up

A

Archeon

Correct me if i'm wrong but those are only the test patch notes of the changes they made on pendragon (or whatever their tests server is called) while being tested they might decided to remove it.

Besides, SI's engine is supposed to support 200+ peeps in a zone. we're fairly far behind the americans at the moment so how can we pass judgement on somthing before its even been tested?

A

Arnor

/agree with archeon

besides ppl where bitching&moaning about ninja-rr's where 100ppl with 60 rams or so would take the relic before you can yell NERF!

O

old.Xanthian

As if it not hard enough to take relics already.

GTAOE
Keep Guard Reports
Zerg -> Zone crashes
and now 3 rams per door.

NICE 1 MYTHIC !

W

-Wedge-

On the record, the 200+ in 1 zone isnt a client issue, its a server issue... The server cant handle that many people in one zone and crashes... SI does not solve that...

SI does make your game a lot smoother with more people on it...

M

Molten Lava

Hehe

Seems like the relics won't change hands much after 1.60d (not that they have since a few months now) Well done Mythic

F

Flimgoblin

Oh no! we can't drop 10 rams on top of each other and cut through a door in microseconds!

We'll have corpse summoners by then... if you're trying to retake a relic.

I doubt this is the last RvR patch anyway ;)

*hopes for more siege engines soon*

Boiling oil... ladders... siege towers.... muahuahuha

A

Aussie-

Seen a topic once on ign dev forum where they asked for it.
seems like dev team reads the crap on it ;)

A

Apathy

It's the gamble we all take when we post things we want on public forums; there is a 0.00004% chance that a dev will read that post. And then there is a 0.00000005% chance that the dev will implement what you suggested in that post.

Statistically, it makes sense if everyone in Albion floods every forum and thread and topic with the same post which is asking for the same things. Face it...it's the only way chanters are going to be ass-humped with the nerf dildo.

Relic raids...pffft.

a.

B

belth

No fix for DW/CD sadly (yet) and one of the threads was 50+ pages :(

N

NoBrains

This change has only 1 porpuse i think... It's to give realms the abilitie to control both power & str relics since the raid on them will be slowed down with only 3 rams per door.

Lets wait for test results

D

Draylor

Originally posted by NoBrains
Lets wait for test results
A couple of days on a test server will not prove anything regarding this change.

There are a small number of people who play on this server regularly, but there is no active RvR on this server, keeps are not claimed/upgraded on a regular basis, and there are certainly no real relic raids.

Most class balancing changes can be tested by chars copied from regular servers soloing/duelling/grp vs grp, however this cant be tested properly without being on the "live" servers.

At least we have the US servers to act as test servers for us ;)

T

Tigerius

As usual with Mythic I do think they are trying to deal with an existing inbalance, going about it as carefully as an elephant in a china-shop.

Trial-and-error is company policy, and not too much effort put into the trials.

A 3 ram limit would have made sense for normal keep gates (well atleast under old guard rules), and then 5 for relic gates. I can see why they want to put an end to ramzergs and what's intended as heavy doors going down in an odd minute.

Users who are viewing this thread