1.6 BF Patch

throdgrain

FH is my second home
What does anyone think ? I've played that Caen map a couple of times, seems quite fun. Im not a clan player for this game so I imagine I have a different perspective to some of you, but I was pretty impressed.
Im also impressed by the back-up EA give to this game. Loads of new maps over the year or so its been out, skin changes , various improvements, its kept the game very interesting for me.
Only one gripe, my fps seems a bit lower in this patch, I think anyway. Mind I had a no-cd patch on my old version so the "lightweight" patch at 145 mb wouldnt work. I re-installed the 1.5 patch (full) over the top of the old 1.5 (nocd) patch, then 1.6 ontop of that. It works, but maybe a reinstall is in order I dunno....

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
The Canadians accent is excellent.

They didn't eliminate the vehicle clipping bug on alot of cases however, which is going to cause some problems.

EvilMonkeh

Fledgling Freddie
im sure i saw a picture on the official bf1942 site of some kind of helicopter (it looked like a seat with a propeller basically), and i remember it being asociated with the 1.6 patch....
anyone know what that was all about?

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
EvilMonkeh said:
im sure i saw a picture on the official bf1942 site of some kind of helicopter (it looked like a seat with a propeller basically), and i remember it being asociated with the 1.6 patch....
anyone know what that was all about?

It's on the new SW map.

Anyway, Caen is pretty much a poor map, some really lazy design elements. Uncrossable wrought-iron fence = BLAHHHHHHH. I'm aware that BF can't handle destructable terrain, but please don't confound the problem by introducing map elements that choke the action unrealistically/frustratingly. SEND IN THE TANKS...O SHI IRON FENCE FIND A WAY AROUND! (note: i'm aware of what they're TRYING to do with this map, but these are lazy and annoying ways to go about it). The Canadian assualt gun needs a massive tweak, it's slow, which is forgiveable if it did a lot of damage, however, it doesn't, either a slight speed up or damage hike and it'll be more in line with the other guns, it'd also be nice if it wasn't pink. That the Canadian uniforms have CANADA written in caps is absolutely fantastic.

The in game GUI is very nice, however on publics the ease of starting a vote means you're pressing 8 every 30 seconds just to get rid of the box. From the couple of hours I spent playing last night I didn't see anywhere near the number of blatent cheats that you normally see on the more public servers (EA et al) which can only be a good thing. It'll be interesting to see how many 'name' clans have problems with this.

EvilMonkeh

Fledgling Freddie
ah yes i found it in the end:)
i am very pleased that ea didnt go down the "make helicopter very easy to fly so that it hovers without any effort" route, but instead, made it similar to DC, but much more forgiving.

played caen for a bit, and it really does need work.
the bridge is a real choke point :/

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
The bridge is meant to be a choke point....

I like the map quite alot as it goes. Yes it is in need of some work, but overall is a good map. The boats could be made a little faster though.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
EvilMonkeh said:
where dont it work?

erm, when I'm in Options and setting up the keys in the Controls Tab...I enter the mouse scroll (up and down) but when I try to save the settings it clears the box...are there no configs or shit for this game?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Maps are OK - vote option is now overused - DC is b0rked until Friday :(

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
For some unknown reason the roof of the flag buildings on Stalingrad is broken now. I've been blown up through the ceiling and onto the roof twice now by tank shells, bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom