1.59C More love for thanes!

E

-ElemenT-

Originally posted by Eliz
Do you HAVE to interpret a friendly joke as something negative? Didnt mean to step on someones toes and Im surprised you even had to make a comment like this. Well, they dont call this the whine board for nothing I guess. :(

After hearing it EVERY time there is a discussion about Thane's for 7 months u get tired of it.

E

Eliz

I can understand that. My apologies...I won't mention it again.

/em gives Max a comforting hug :)

T

The Exile

Please give patch :D
With self buff only I have:
286 str
176 con
1383 hp

Can pass the 1500-1600 hp with that str/con buff then ;)
Maybe I can finnaly beat a damn spearo then.

F

Flimgoblin

hmmm...

concerning thought:

Thane versus caster.

Caster starts casting, thane starts casting.

Thane hits insta - interrupted caster.
Thane casts some more. (caster quickcasts)

Interrupted thane.

Caster casts till the insta-timer refreshes (it's 20 seconds yes?)
thane interrupts caster again... caster dies :)

Now the caster does get in a good load of damage there... between the quickcast and the second insta.

However he's already taken 3 bolts and an insta. (so low hp)
and the thane will have taken about 8 nukes...

Average joe out of the box thane will be dead... but the thane with decent resists and their str/con buff up won't be.

So in a simple nuking duel the thane will win...

they'll also beat smite clerics (no ranged insta and no quickcast) both at range and in melee...

Thanes have just gone from half-caster half-tank to becoming pretty nerfable...

Maybe I'm just paranoid/over-reacting but what do other people think?

If they reduce the range on the insta-nuke (instant spells are a right pain in the arse - especially with the 3s interrupt wait when you can't quickcast either) it might be a bit fairer? (to 1000 or something) I dunno :)

S

SilverHood

About 3 weeks ago, I mjolnired a standing armsman for all my mana

When I ran out, he had 40%

That was about a minutes worth of nuking, with him standing still (and laugh spamming me)

Guess I'll be the one laughing now :D

We can be casters!
We can be tanks!
:clap:

And on the comment tanks vs casters - I can kill 80% of casters I meet solo these days... ones with pets don't count. Time to make it 100% :D

But I doubt people have much to fear from Thanes... not like there's 100's of them in emain these days.

F

Flimgoblin

I'm thinking that actually the solution to that problem is to make interrupts less crap (although reducing range of all instant-cast spells would be nice ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom