Flimgoblin

hot from the herald:

========================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Version 1.54e Test Release Notes

Wednesday, October 16, 2002

========================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Left Axe for Berserkers and Shadowblades no longer gets a third attack. This fixed a Pendragon only bug.

- As part of the new colored names system, group member's names are now colored light orange/brown.

- You can now use target macros with the %t or %T fields. For instance, type "/macro /say Hello, %t!" - this will set up a macro that will say hello to your current target.

- You can now set a follow up spell to be cast. If you press a hotkey to cast a second spell when a first spell is being cast, the second spell is queued up to be to "autocast" after the first is cast. Note that when the second spell actually begins the cast process, it will cast on the target the player has currently targeted. You can cancel the spell in the normal fashion by moving when starting to cast.

- Attackers now receive a specific bladeturn message when their attack is bladeturned. Previously the message they received simply stated the attack missed.

- When you craft an object that cannot be carried, you now get a print saying "you create the object on the ground".

- Sprint can now be bound to a key in the keyboard configuration.

- You can no longer turn your figure when stunned or mezzed. This will allow melee characters the chance to use position styles against stunned/mezzed enemies.

- When you use a hot-key to ready a one-handed weapon, you will now automatically equip your shield if you have one readied.

SIEGE WEAPON FIXES

- You should now always get the siege weapon control window when you assume control of any siege weapon. There was a bug that prevented the window from correctly being displayed.

- The control radius of a siege weapon has been reduced from 512 to 300. When you go out of the radius, the control window now disappears

- You can now salvage up to 5 stacks of 200 items each if necessary. This should fix salvaging large amounts of wood from siege equipment.

- Timers on the control window for siege equipment will now correctly reflect the real timers.

- The range of all rams has been doubled.

- The siege ram, palintone and trebuchet should all salvage for the correct type of wood.

- Hibernian seige merchants no longer sell seige parts that can not be used for Hibernia.

NEW DUELING SYSTEM

By popular request, there is now a way to fight characters from your own realm - a dueling system, where both parties agree to fight.

To start the duel, select the character you want to fight and type, "/duel challenge". The character responds with "/duel accept" to accept the challenge and fight you. They can also type "/duel decline" to reject the challenge. Once the fight starts, either combatant can type "/duel surrender" to surrender the fight.

All duels are to the death. No constitution or experience is lost on a dueling death, but you still must be resurrected by a friendly healer/cleric/druid, or release. A message is printed to all nearby on victory or surrender notifying bystanders of the outcome of the duel.

Please note the following:

- damage is not "remembered" for the purposes of PVP vs PVE death.

- if either opponent is hit by a monster or a realm opponent, the duel is auto-terminated

- you cannot initiate or accept a duel if you are not at 100% hits or have your combat timer set

- After a duel, if you are low on hits and are killed by a monster or enemy player, you take a "real" PvE death. Be careful where you duel.

WORLD NOTES

Realm v. Realm: Realm v. Realm - Frontier Keeps: The patrolling guards should now move more quickly throughout their patrols.

Dungeon: Treibh Caillte: Rock golems which have been pulled to the entrance should now return to their spawn points. The rocky golems are now a little bit tougher.

Coruscating mines: The undead Drudgers should now all use the same damage table.

Item notes

- All cloth, reinforced, studded, chain and scale helms in the game should now display the correct icon in inventory. This should not affect their appearance on the character.

- The Riven Silk Robe (Hibernia) can now be dyed.

- The Feelion Razor (Hibernia) now has matter and body resists instead of 2 matter resist listings.

- The Latticed Shadow Boots (Midgard) now has body and heat resists instead of 2 body resist listings.

- The Lion Embossed Greaves (Albion) had the charisma bonus changed to strength.

- The Bracelet of Voided Talent (Hibernia) now has a bracer icon.

- The "granite chisel" now has an icon.

- The Petrified Wisened Oak Shield (Hibernia) now has the correct salvage value.

- The Erubescent Strife Dirk (Hibernia) now correctly buffs the piercing skill.

CRAFTING SYSTEM NOTES

- Increased the stack size of tradeskill components from 100 to 200 and from 20 to 100

- Changed the title of the final rank from "Legendary Grandmaster <craft>" to "Legendary <craft>"

- Spellcraft gem values are now correctly based on material level.

D

-dewey-

Woot, I've hoping for a /t command for ages, time to create some hilarious macros :)

Dueling should be fun, I can finally whoop moriaths ass and prove once and for all who is the better Hunter!!! Ohh wait, he's 50 now, time for some serious leveling :)

D

Draylor

More obvious, sensible crafting related changes and one of the most commonly requested features in one patch? Not bad at all.

Only question is why this has taken until a year after release ;)

F

Flimgoblin

this is a nice patch so far :) shaping up nicely...

D

darbey

Very nice update, Now i can free up 2 keys from my minstrel quik bar with the shield auto equip and sprint hot key.
What can i say duelling will add some longevity to the game , very welcome addition plus i can kick arthwyrs ass when he annoys me hehe

B

Bleri McThrust

The anniversary patch would appear to be the one that doesnt concentrate on content and characters. But works mainly on those little tweaks that make things easier and nicer for everyone :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I would like to see some nicer robes and shields *sighs, whine*

O

oldnick

%t has been sadly missed and will be a welcome addition in the winter of 2003 for european players

/macro att /y I am Attacking %t, come on and join me !!!

Nick

F

fl3a

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*gasp*eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

duels :D

T

Tenko

Dueling! :clap:

All we need now is a neutral territory for cross realm dueling!

S

Sarnat

I hope there will be something like /duel ignore which will print "Piss off you lamer!" to whoever tries to challenge me ;)

N

Noche

All great stuffs, those stacable feathers will help a lot those archers.

BUT only one thing, CAN´T move while mezzed... Said to let tanks do position style... fine... But ppl don´t realize that there r certain position styles which result in mortal and sure kill... PA and Annihilation would be the ubah style soon :p

At least mez means something again :p

S

SevenSins

Time to make leagues and competitions :)

Should be interessting part for Barrysworld when this patch goes live, some sort of big championship :)

I can see the world rankings show up already.

1. Seven Sins *UNDEFEATED* 103 Duels Won, holder of 3 Golden Championship belts.

O

old.Xanthian

Wooo dueling.. great :rolleyes:

What fun is that to us Cloth wearing types ?

You can no longer turn your figure when stunned or mezzed. This will allow melee characters the chance to use position styles against stunned/mezzed enemies

Bugger :(
Thats me dead by PA when im mezz'd :(

O

old.Demerzel

You can no longer turn your figure when stunned or mezzed. This will allow melee characters the chance to use position styles against stunned/mezzed enemies.

ouch! :D

S

SFXman

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DUELS, DUELS, AND MORE DUELS! WOOOOOOT

S

soullessminion

Auto equiped shields \o/ more space on Minstrel/bard hot keys free :)

L

lairiodd

Now all they need is a group duel function

you get a message xxx's groups wishes to kill you ... do you agree to allow your group be open to be killed by their former friends ?

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I would like to see some nicer robes and shields *sighs, whine*

that and I want some good looking helms ffs.. the current ones look like im wearing tupperware for gods sake....

A

Addlcove

I SO wanna fight a polearm armsman with my defenive pala spec :)

and a cookiecut paladin against my defensive one would be a blast too ;)

B

Belsameth

level that pally of yours dammit. you'll be SO owned :D

F

Feac_

Originally posted by Motowntheta
1st on my dual list is Feac !

friar against friar uummm i will win hands down :D i dont have to worry about getting epic armour bloody
:sex: :wub:

hope you picked out a good bush this time :whip:

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Octanion
I SO wanna fight a polearm armsman with my defenive pala spec :)

and a cookiecut paladin against my defensive one would be a blast too ;)

Will need to duel you with my merc :)
according to the fighter boards (so no doubt they've done about 3 duels ;))

sword/board slaughter polearmsmen who slaughter dual wielders who slaughter sword/boards ;)

that said a fully defensive tank gets both parry and block so might do very well...

two paladins were fighting - every time one got low, they just engaged for a bit till healchant got them up ;)

C

Callich

hmm

The first rule of fight club is, you do not talk about fight club.

The second rule of fight club is, you do not talk about fight club.

The third rule of fight club, someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.

The fourth rule: only two guys to a fight.

The fifth rule, only one fight at a time fellas.

The sixth rule: no shirts, no shoes.

The seventh rule, fights will go on as long as they have to.

And the eighth and final rule, If this is your first night at fight club, you have to fight.

F

Flimgoblin

The first rule of robot club is: you don't talk about robot club.
The second rule of robot club is: you don't talk about robot club. Oh wait, that's the first rule... the second rule of robot club is: no smoking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom