1.51, not looking forward to it...

O

old.Kal

lol yer cos thats also fair as a SB etc has 0 chance of killing you cos of 30s timer...

SB can easily kill a tank if the tank doesnt have enough shield for decent stun, but a cleric....he can stun n run...nice one...

You get what you pay for cleric = easy to lvl but dull...stealther = impossible to level but immense when you get it high enough for rvr.

E

Eleasias

ROLL AN INFIL WHILE THEY ARE STILL UBER!

Anyway, back to topic: Get a group and heal, you'll get more rp than trying to ghetto nuke anyone solo at melee range. BUT the damage nerf was needed, 31% spirit resist and smite hits for 292, not excactly balanced.

Oh and btw, why would anyone want to play a pure smiter anyway? Even if the 48 is the best smite, a more balanced spec of 35 smite, 31 ench and 25 rejuv (just like Gideon on Pryd ^^) is a LOT more versatile and your offensive output isnt that bad either due to better buffs. Damn cant believe I'm giving Albs more spec advice ;/

O

old.lewstherin

I dont understand the albion mentality... its no wonder hibs usally own most servers in the US. I cant understand how ppl can say... "there wont b any clerics around when they nerf smite". Playing a support class should b fun about keeping your group alive and your groupmates will really aprreciate it. This game has turned into a bloody rp farmig experiance where healer classes (clerics) running around solo just to get most rp. This is not CS when u run around owning everyone... this is a game where u need to work with ur friends to b victorius.
Im happy that alb has smite. Seriously ive never seen a tank get healed. If u want to do uberdmg and be seen on the killing list on the other realm status bar roll scout or wiz... if u wanna help ur friends and help other ppl roll rejuv cleric.

V

Vireb

Originally posted by old.Eleasias
ROLL AN INFIL WHILE THEY ARE STILL UBER!

Anyway, back to topic: Get a group and heal, you'll get more rp than trying to ghetto nuke anyone solo at melee range. BUT the damage nerf was needed, 31% spirit resist and smite hits for 292, not excactly balanced.

Oh and btw, why would anyone want to play a pure smiter anyway? Even if the 48 is the best smite, a more balanced spec of 35 smite, 31 ench and 25 rejuv (just like Gideon on Pryd ^^) is a LOT more versatile and your offensive output isnt that bad either due to better buffs. Damn cant believe I'm giving Albs more spec advice ;/

can't agree with you more :)

F

feldeshadowbane

Hehe, since I started this post I have begun to train rejuve instead of smite (yes I have a lvl or 2 before hitting the big 5-0) and I'ts becoming easier to heal (not more exciting perhaps but defenately easier). Clerics are pretty easy to lvl yes. My spec is 39 smite, 18 rejuve and 14 enhance atm and I can kill most orange mobs and probably all yellow. This will change when the patch comes but I have never enjoyed soloing since I have to spend so much time resting as powerregen is slow and smite/stun takes a lot of power. As for healing in rvr; Its hard. Not impossible in any way but hard somtimes as many of the mids/hibs target clerics early or uses aoe dd or aoe mez. I always try to stay a bit behind the tanks in my group so I will not be targetted first and I can heal but of course I get carried away sometimes and find myself in the middle of the battle getting hit for 200+ by a mid tank (or more) he he. When I feel most useful in RvR is when I am in a keep/relic raid. I can then focus completely on healing those who need it and stunning some guards when they pop. Another good thing at keep raids is that I can go smite some bowmen if I am not wanted somewhere else.
Now when I have calmed down since reading the american posts about the Cleric nerfing I am looking forward to getting them instaheals and stuff so I can keep my groupmembers alive longer and hopefully long enough to smash our opponents to peaces

O

old.chipper

hmmm just think for a minute what the game is about its about RVR basically team work on a grand scale. There is nothing more annoying (well possibly witherwoods) than watching a cleric standing next to your corpse smiting away instead of rezzing

B

big-j

stop moaning about the damn timer on your insta mezz!! Us poor Midgard healers have 5 min timers on all of our mezzes, and something obscene like 15 mins on the insta heals...
U got life easy ffs, my job is to mezz and heal, if i get jumped i generally get dead.

Joreth Ironwrath - Healer of many, bane of 1...

O

old.Karamon

The Smite line after nerf comes, will make specializing in Smite totally worthless, as the 5 minute timer on ae mezz makes it useful in RvR and useless in PvE. The smite speced dd will be about same dmg as baseline lvl 50 dd... so most clerics will respec to full rejuvenation and/or buffs bots.
Cleric is too powerful now, but huge change like that isnt the solution.

This is a mp game, go alone in emain at peak hours and you will die easy.. even stealthers arent safe ;-)

Just respec full rejuvenation, if you dont like it, make another char... lot of Clerics are smite or with some smite speced because they like it... ppl whine clerics dont heal... after patch ppl will whine about clerics not found...

good luck

H

Herbal Remedy

no rps for healin <170k all grouped and healing :p >

<----- has 21 smite spec yet still does plenty dmg in rvr yet has a nice 700 hps heal which is constant

smite clerics do get nerfed i agree but us rejuv cleric get more uber increased heal range to 2000 and heals cost less mana :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

ps rejuv owns joo :p

G

gunner440

hihi i remember seeing "Herbal heals you for 1xxx"...

u rock :clap:

and for that u deserve a cow :m00:

R

Rhuric

Herbal good point there, the reason why it is less healing in rvr from clerics is because the short range and when u are at range for healing u also in range for smite, good thing that they increased range to 2000 and less power, can be alot more interesting in RvR to be able to heal out of range for silly dds from skalds and stuff

C

Cadwallon

I've already posted alot about this in another thread so I am not going into the same sort of detail again...but as a smiter 1.51 isn't gonna faze me and I will remain a smiter who also heals.

Mythic did not consider the 1.48/1.49 smiter as being overpowered...but they did consider that a 1.50 smiter with a particular mix of RA's could become truly uber.

With Greater Holy Fury (and 60 smite with items/RR) I hit yellows in RvR for around 400. Therefore, if they stood still within my absurdly short range, I could hit for 1200 in 12 secs.

In 1.50, with RR5 L4 worth of RA's I would hit for 400 every 2.5 secs, add 15% extra damage and debuff opponant for 15% of their spirit resist. This is the insane dmg Mythic were worried about.

The biggest hit that has caused the uproar was not the nerf, but rather that the nerf coincided with effective resists. With everyone and his dog stocked to the hilt with spirit resist to counter mezz the sort of damage figures that are now been seen (in 1.51) are 200 (-200) on yellow.

The new Cleric TL has spoken to Mythic about this and they recognise that there is an issue with smite underperforming atm but they believe that this will balance out over the next few weeks for 2 reasons.

1. The 'heal mezz' and mezz radius changes will, they believe, end the era of 'spirit' being the must have resist.

2. Spellcrafting will almost ensure that all level 50's are maxed on every resist type thereby creating a level playing field where everyone's damage output sucks.

If this doesn't happen then the smite-line will be revisited. There is already a hint that range on spec smite may go to 1500 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom