1.5 is out ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
pigs get zapped by lightning & turn into zombie pigmen !

whats the usual turn around to update mods etc when this happens anyone know ? :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Havent read the patch notes yet! But whatever you do. Do NOT update the client today. Since you might not be able to connect to the server, bukkit wont have a update released right away. And I wont be able to update the server before tomorrow!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
"Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.5?
Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.5, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a 1.5 compatible build and, instead, will be waiting for something stable to work with.

Due to the nature of the project and the methods we use to provide Bukkit for Minecraft, any update - no matter how small - requires us to figure out the mapping of obfuscated classes and update our code. This takes a lot of time and work, so hopefully you understand our decision.

Having said all this, we recommend that you stay on 1.4 for a while until the patch storm subsides if your server depends on Bukkit."

From the Bukkit team, this means I wont be able to update the server yet. The server works perfectly with 1.4 tho :) So just do not update the version!

Zede

Part of the furniture
so we can still play if its not been updated ?

think mine did :(

Chosen

Resident Freddy
If it is not updated you can play as normal :) If you have updated it, there should be somewhere on the internet where you can download the 1.4 version again!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Bukkit have finally released a recommended build for 1.5 now. I will try to get all this updated tonight(Might be a little late, since it is my birthday, and I am quite busy today :p )

Thank you for the patience :)

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Just a suggestion, but perhaps you should set up a members only FTP on the server where people can get the last version of the client, should they have accidentally updated. Its not huge, so shouldn't take up a lot of bandwidth in terms of downloads.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, ofcourse I could do that :) But as Zede have posted above, switching back is actually very easy! :)

Anyway, I've decided to wait untill tomorrow to update the server. This because of some essential plugins we are using havent got time to be updated.(iConomy,mcMMO and Private Warp), which I know most of you rely alot on :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
The server is now updated to 1.5 :)

Only missing is that you wont get rewards from slaying monsters atm(This plugin havent been updated) - Everything else seems to work fine tho. Please just report to me, if you experience any bugs :D

Thank you for the patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom