1.4... well?

T

Tom

1.4? (gets off plane from spain)

God what a shit Grand Prix that was. Roll on superbikes at Oulton Park.

BTW what is '1.4'?:(

E

Embattle

Most interesting part happen in the pits when the lollypop man got his foot run over ;)

E

e_chrono

Originally posted by Rabid
82% of cs1314.exe and i'm hearing that they have removed everything I hold dear. Running fast, jumping loads, jumping repeatedly over and over without losing speed whilst ducking. All gone. ALLLLLLLLL GONE. EVERYTHING JUST GONE.

*sniffle*

From what I've heard, it sounds like they are trying to kill CS.

hopefully they are trying to kill cs.
its too old, graphics suck, gameplay is now just pure DM basically and its time it did just sodoff imo.

T

Tom

Originally posted by e_chrono

hopefully they are trying to kill cs.
its too old, graphics suck, gameplay is now just pure DM basically and its time it did just sodoff imo.

You can't critisise a game on it's age. So what if its several years old? And yes, compared to today's games, the gfx suck, but I've said before that gfx aren't the most important thing when playing a game, in fact, they are one of the least important things.

Only having played 1 match, I think the teamwork and the true nature of cs will never be seen on publics (note to a&i - another match please)!

I think everything has been addressed in 1.4. I'm not going to bore you all repeating what everybody else has said, but IMO its a massive improvement on 1.3. All the things now missing (jumping mainly) were crap exploits that people used to improve their chances. Now they're gone, its a level playing field. And so what if some maps are now unbalanced? IMO ALL the maps should be unbalanced, it makes the game more interesting. Ditto with unbalanced teams, I want a map with 12 cts and 5 terrors, with the map heavily balanced in the terror's favour.

T

throdgrain

This is the last time Im going to say this. (You may be glad to hear :) )
If you dont want to play CS then dont, and stop griping about it. But we know you'l carry on playing anyway.
I have a pc that is more than capable of playing any online game this minute, and some of them have superb graphics.
But Cs still plays better than any other game currently available.
And 1.4 has perfected cs to a peak I really find it unlikely another game will matchfor some time to come. You cant jump up and down ? Aw what a shame. All that jumping used to piss off a lot off people anyway, so at least people wont think your a lamer now ;)

/rant over, shall not mention it again i promise.

S

ShockingAlberto

I don't play CS, haven't for bloody ages, yet i still whine about it being shit...

CS aer teh lose!¬!!!11

D

Deady

im(nsh)o CS 1.4 is made with kids in mind.

By stopping terrorists moving hostages, they have taken the last requirement for a brain out of CS.

Kiddies everywhere complained that the hostages wernt where they should be, and so to avoid further tantrums, valve stopped the terrorists moving hostages.

In 1.5 look out for hostages automatically being rescued when a CT touches them.

S

S-Gray

aye the hostage thing has really fucked up one of my only tactics on Militia (As KEA know :D) that was where i put the hostages from the kitchen next to the Door near the garage, forcing them to either come thru the window or kill the hossies heh

darn! lol

M

Moön

I also stuck a hossie in the window in the garage, then let some n00b ct shoot him thinking it was a T :)

Not a tactic but fun all the same :)

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by 1Moon
I also stuck a hossie in the window in the garage, then let some n00b ct shoot him thinking it was a T :)

Not a tactic but fun all the same :)

I always found that didnt work at such, but coz there was 4 hossies, 2 blocked the door, and 1 blocked the window, and sometimes the last one went at the back of the attic, but some sneaky feck found a way round gettin thru the door (That is that you walk backwards into the door, it opens outwards) thus he pushes the hossies outta the way and kills the garage campers :/

Originally posted by throdgrain
hehe gray , it was a poor tactic anyways m8 :)

Well it wasnt as such a bad tactic on public servers but in Clan Matches your pretty much fecked

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Originally posted by throdgrain
Cs still plays better than any other game currently available.

Thats because it runs on the good old quake/2 engine.

The most playable fps game engine known to man.

Neither the unreal's lithtecs, or mighty (cough) quake 3 engine can touch it in terms of smooth fulid playability.

The serious engine comes close though, would love to see some realism mods on that beast.

It has the power to make things look great, and retains the smooth gliding down to earth feel of the quake/2 engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom