SWTOR 1.3m Subs & Legacy/Allies Expansions

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Kapow!
massively.com said:
Star Wars: The Old Republic has 1.3 million active subs, new content packs coming
by Matt Daniel on May 7th 2012 4:40PMSci-fi, MMO industry, News items, Star Wars: The Old Republic

We all know that the Star Wars: The Old Republic galaxy is a huge place, but thanks to some new numbers from EA's 4th quarter financial reports, we now know exactly how huge it is. According to the report, SWTOR is home to 1.3 million active subscribers (down from 1.7 million as announced in March).

On top of that bit of information, the report also reveals that two new content packs will be available for players sometime in the first financial quarter. We don't know a thing about these content packs yet, except that they're (at least tentatively) titled Legacy (presumably the current Legacy patch) and Allies, so conspiracy theorists, start your engines. Let the speculation begin!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
they've lost 400,000 that rapidly? that should send alarm bells ringing tbfh, losing those numbers would prob have been unavoidable... but in the space of 1-2 months?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Well they lost my sub with 1.2.

First financial quarter has been and gone unless they run their years differently (which in corporate terms I guess is possible).

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well i quite like it, love my BH. the jugger still needs work, you hit your taunt, ae taunt, and loose aggro, since most classes just do so much dps you cant compete when tank spec. And the taunts are was to long cooldown, the single target should be like 5 sec cost 2-3 rage, ae 10 sec cost 5 rage, would help alot since rage is no problem if you hold aggro.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Well i quite like it, love my BH. the jugger still needs work, you hit your taunt, ae taunt, and loose aggro, since most classes just do so much dps you cant compete when tank spec. And the taunts are was to long cooldown, the single target should be like 5 sec cost 2-3 rage, ae 10 sec cost 5 rage, would help alot since rage is no problem if you hold aggro.

Smash more ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
If you look on the merc subforums of the BH section you'll find quite a lot of merc abilities that have been quietly broken in 1.2 in addition to stated nerfs. This is as well as some powertech abilities that seem to be having issues. It looks like Bioware tried to rebalance things for when BHs are in groups/raids and accidently broke a pile of abilities while they were at it.

Whoops.

Last edited:

Mabs

main thing thats doing my nut atm is the prevelance of knockback on the mobs, even trash, in FPs... melee tank fight goes:
Charge
get knocked down before you actually land
then get punted sideways
then get off floor
then try to pick up aggro

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Smash more ;)
1k dmg as tank, every 15 sec is not that much compared to the others dps.... Been doin some tanking in dps gear instead seems to be working better in some HMs but others you just get pulvarized before you even noticed whan happened.

Been tanking some fps with my merc, and he has easier time holding aggro..... :) lvl39 thou. Guess he will be to squishy in HMs.

Mabs

1k dmg as tank, every 15 sec is not that much compared to the others dps.... Been doin some tanking in dps gear instead seems to be working better in some HMs but others you just get pulvarized before you even noticed whan happened.

Been tanking some fps with my merc, and he has easier time holding aggro..... :) lvl39 thou. Guess he will be to squishy in HMs.

Charge, Smash.. choke on one elite, start tanking other, you dont need to pick up trash/strong mobs in a group ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nice to see it's still healthy, though it has some big tests coming, Diablo and WoW - Pandaland will probably hit it's numbers quite badly. I know the remnants of our WoW guild who started playing SW will be quitting. There was around 30 of us that started playing SW together, approx 5 still play now and again but will be cancelling it when Pandaland goes live.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
the only reason I'm playing is because the guild is and they gave us (all) a free months subs (cos there shit and break things and then fix the wrong stuff). once that free month goes im outta here, and i'll find another stop gap till gw2 i suppose.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
the only reason I'm playing is because the guild is and they gave us (all) a free months subs (cos there shit and break things and then fix the wrong stuff). once that free month goes im outta here, and i'll find another stop gap till gw2 i suppose.
Yup.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
they've lost 400,000 that rapidly? that should send alarm bells ringing tbfh, losing those numbers would prob have been unavoidable... but in the space of 1-2 months?
the 1.7 million included accounts that still ran on their free 30 first days according to mmodata....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom