1.30 Released

S

Summo

Ultimate Upgrade 3 (v1.30) has been released and is available here and weighs in at 32MB. Bizarelly you still need to have downloaded and installed v1.20 (Ultimate Upgrade 2) in order to install this latest verion.

You can read all abaat it here but some highlights include
  • Several new weapons and vehicles
  • 5 new single-player missions, 4 new multi-player
  • Game lobby improved (Game in progress screen contain more information)
  • Bandwidth usage significantly optimized.
  • New laser target designators, laser guided bombs and missiles.
And usual bug fixes.

It also mentions 'Please find attached within this archive two documents describing the operation of the dedicated server code for both adminstrators and end-users.'

Maybe now BW will host a dedicated server? I pray for the day. This seems likely to be the last non-beta update for quite some time...

C

Ch3tan

I to lazy to read the files :p

have the given players the ability to vote for levels and settings without having rcon?

S

Summo

I'll go through the dedicated server readme and start to hassle the BW top brass again. If we don't get a BW server after this release I doubt we'll ever get one. :(

S

shabazz

missed a wikid game on sunday someguy :)

me and car1ing playing a mission for about an hour (then realised we did it wrong :D)

Ended with carling covering me as i decided to rush a shika and grenade it.......

still laughing about what happened now :D

S

Summo

Nyaw, dammit!

I laughed so hard when we played. Just a damn shame it takes so much organising. :(

O

old.pox

Well?

Time to get that bw smiley face outa yo asses and make it happen...

is BW a GSP or just a bunch of quake engine servers?

S

Summo

Yeah, thanks Pox. I don't think that attitude (and your one in the General Forum) is gonna persuade the BW peeps to host a server.

When I get home I'll scour the server readme and hope that the BW's staff concerns are addressed. They're a reasonable bunch, and chances are they know already.

If they're not then maybe a compromise can be reached. If Codemasters still haven't released proper dedicated server support then... no dedicated server.

Why do you think peeps like Jolt don't host OpFlash either?

W

Wij

Because it's a big conspiracy to make pox's life a misery. Sign me up :D

O

old.pox

Bitting the hand that feeds...

Yeah fine slag me off i really couldnt care less because i just dont use barrysworld anymore - and besides, someones gotta speak up for some decent UK ofp servers - and to be honest it looks like you guys are not getting the job done.

Have u seen how many itallian ones there are? THEY dont seem to have a problem with it...oh, yeah why dont u tell me to stuff of to Italy now, that would appear to the bw level of conversation.

W

Wij

rofl. j00 r00lz0r d00d !!!!!!1¬!2 :clap:

Keep fighting the system. Don't let it grind you down bro !

:D

S

Summo

Fight the good fight, my man! OFP against the very people who own the servers we want to play on, eh? The cards' in our court. We hold all the balls!

On-ward chri-hi-stian sol-diers...

S

Summo

Been chatting to BW admin peeps on IRC and the long and short of it is...

No.

The dedicated server stuff in 1.30 is still not sufficient to allow administration on BW. Frankly I don't think it's ever going to happen.

Shit.

:(

B

bigbigt0

lol :clap:

/edit oops wasn't lol at the post above mine :(

bigt

O

old.pox

Originally posted by SomeGuy
Been chatting to BW admin peeps on IRC and the long and short of it is...

No.

The dedicated server stuff in 1.30 is still not sufficient to allow administration on BW. Frankly I don't think it's ever going to happen.

Shit.

:(

"not sufficient" :puke:

I agree it isnt going to happen on bw & all other beard stroking GSP's, they too busy with cashing their pensions & poking ppl with their walking sticks.

i do barf at their excuses though - all u gotta do is look at the dedicated server tab on ASE to see all the ppl that dont find ofp dedicated server "not sufficient".

Shame though, this forum rules, technically, too many ass kissers like embattle posting though :)

E

Embattle

Originally posted by pox

"not sufficient" :puke:

I agree it isnt going to happen on bw & all other beard stroking GSP's, they too busy with cashing their pensions & poking ppl with their walking sticks.

i do barf at their excuses though - all u gotta do is look at the dedicated server tab on ASE to see all the ppl that dont find ofp dedicated server "not sufficient".

Shame though, this forum rules, technically, too many ass kissers like embattle posting though :)

And too many morons with pea brains like pox posting who know nothing about games but do tend to know a lot about tractors.....go plough the field yorkshire boy.

O

old.pox

Originally posted by Embattle

And too many morons with pea brains like pox posting who know nothing about games but do tend to know a lot about tractors.....go plough the field yorkshire boy.

I told u to STFU embattle you little twerp.:upyours:

<rhetorical>How can a sad sap such as yourself with so little to say speak so much?</rhetorical>

W

Wij

Gosh, you're so pleasant. People love to help out folks like you :)

Anyway, I thought it was cos the server doesn't support heartbeat to enable you to automatically bring it up if it goes down. And some other stuff.

And long live Yorkshire. We r00l. Except pox :D

E

Embattle

Wij I'm happy to know that not all yorkshire people are as dense as pox.....its good to know that someone with brains is there to explain that tractors can be dangerous to the poor lad.

S

Summo

Jesus, Pox hasn't it occured to you that any 'dedicated' server has to have an element of self-sufficiency? Again, why do you think that there are no GSPs hosting OFP? It's not because of their beards, it's simply because BIS developed a single-player game which later had some multi-player code tacked on, and unfortunately it's just not up to scratch.

Neither BW nor any other large GSP can afford to have a server monkey sitting in their server room 24/7 to monitor one game port. If OFP cannot look after itself as other game hosts do, even to a suitably low degree, then OFP doesn't get hosted. Taa-daa!

The BW peeps I spoke to are OFP fans and WANT to see the game hosted, but it is a business and they have to maintain a satisfactory standard. They can't do that if they can't rely on the game code. At work I wouldn't run anything on my servers if it wasn't up to the job.

OFP has fuck all servers on All-Seeing Eye for just this reason. The 'dedicated servers' you've pointed out are all hosted by individuals on their PCs who are all playing and are therefore on hand to happily reset the game when OFP cocks up.

'Not sufficient' you arrogant cnut? I'll not be graded by you, thanks. All the 'ass kissers' you mention (in that mock-American drawl) are simply reasonable people who understand all of the above.

O

old.ignus

Originally posted by Embattle
Wij I'm happy to know that not all yorkshire people are as dense as pox.....its good to know that someone with brains is there to explain that tractors can be dangerous to the poor lad.

Maybe not dense (except pox) but miserable, ignorant, loud whinging old gits, nothings ever good for them and I should know I live near enough to have to deal with them as holiday makers. "Youth of t day, nowt but bloody layabouts, you call this a holiday resort?"

*Me runs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom