1 - 3

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
no.

wes brown was as fukkin shockin as usual and nevermind the fact that the 3rd was offside, what kind of a ball was that to play in the first place?

no complaints. united haven't been good enough all season. 18 points dropped against teams in the bottom half of the league. Would have put us a point ahead of chelsea before tonight.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
no need to say anything!

this man u side is finished!

Ferreira, bridge, Cech, Terry, Duff, Robben, Drogba all out tonight!

3 world class players to be brought in the summer!

title is staying at chelsea next year!

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
amodien said:
no need to say anything!

this man u side is finished!

Ferreira, bridge, Cech, Terry, Duff, Robben, Drogba all out tonight!

3 world class players to be brought in the summer!

title is staying at chelsea next year!

reminds me of hansen saying u win nothing with kids. gobby cockneys that never watched a game before this season coming out the woodwork all summer now

Gray

FH is my second home
Looks like Utd just dont like the colour Blue

Hmm!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Drogba?! Shockingly bad waste of money, a real waste of a blue shirt! In fact the only Mourinho signings to actually be any good are the players he knew at Porto. Robben, Cech etc were all signed by the previous regime.

Have to agree about Man Yoo though. Fergie's been consistently losing the plot since he said he would retire a few years back. How many strikers has he signed whilst having a dodgy defence and dodgier keepers? I rest my case.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldnt complain, City are the only ones to have beaten them in the prem this year.

Must agree that Man U have been playing rather bad this season, why oh why do we keep playing the vastly insuperior Carroll over Howard? Howard isnt much of an improvement but I prefer him over Carroll.

Agreed, Ferguson needs to retire. Love the guy, been supporting them since I was ak kid and he's been there winning it all, but its time for somebody new who can see the glaring problems within Man U, mainly its defence and keeper as mentioned before.

Perhaps next season.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Too many times this season, fergies started with a weakened team because we're playing one of the lower league sides, things haven't gone to plan in the first hour and he's panicked like fuck and thrown better players on.
Can't understand when this season it was obvious it was going to be more than a 2 team race and even more vital to pick up 3 points against weaker oposition.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Turamber said:
Drogba?! Shockingly bad waste of money, a real waste of a blue shirt! In fact the only Mourinho signings to actually be any good are the players he knew at Porto. Robben, Cech etc were all signed by the previous regime.

Yep totally agree.

Trallisx

Loyal Freddie
nakkiel said:
Too many times this season, fergies started with a weakened team because we're playing one of the lower league sides, things haven't gone to plan in the first hour and he's panicked like fuck and thrown better players on.
Can't understand when this season it was obvious it was going to be more than a 2 team race and even more vital to pick up 3 points against weaker oposition.

Spot on.

The spine of the team is ageing, Keane cannot cove every blade of grass as he once used to which causes Scholes to play a little deeper than he would like. Giggsy's form has been patchy, he cant beat players as easily as he used to.

Ronaldo is inconsistant, a bit of a show pony and goes down far too easily for my liking.

We need to make some good signings this summer. The likes of Miller, Kleberson, Saha and the 2 keepers are not of Man Utd quality.
We need players such as Ballack, Van Bommel, Gattuso.

This season the players and Sir Alex have let themselves down as well as the fans. How we can beat Arsenal 2-1 at OT then 4-2 at Highbury, then lose to Norwich and draw at West Brom just bemuses me.

Even tho we have had a very poor season, we still have te opportunity to salvage some pride with the FA Cup. I just hope they do themselves justice in the final.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Results don't mean much now but it just shows that Utd aren't nearly the team they used to be. I can't see much changing over summer either because apparently you don't have to much spending money, unless this Glazer bloke somehow gets in.

Although the result won't matter...we will give the blue side of the mersey a battering tonight. ;)

Trallisx

Loyal Freddie
Mobius said:
I can't see much changing over summer either because apparently you don't have to much spending money, unless this Glazer bloke somehow gets in.

We have money, we just paid £6million for John Mikel Obi. I very much doubt the spending will stop there. United cannot sign 1 unproven 18 year old to replace Keane or Scholes. We will have to buy another keeper as Carrol isn't signing his new contract (blessing in desguise).

We dont want nor need Malcolm Glazer at Man Utd. His plan to buy Man Utd using borrowed money is obscene. Man Utd is a profitable company, thats the only attraction to Glazer, he isn't interested in Football or the fans. He see's Man Utd as a way of making more money for himself to fund other projects.

I really hope his bid is turned down flat by the board, his offer isn't for the best interest of Man Utd full stop!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'd disagree with Ronaldo being inconsistent, he's played more games and been more consistent in front of goal than the rest of the squad. And remember how old he is.

Saha is a quality player, he just needs a run in the team. Kleberson hasn't adapted to the premiership, but he could be a handy squad player that may still shine.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Ronaldo is getting there but is still a bit lazy and prone to falling rather than using the good position he's in. Kleberson I really don't know, he had a decent first half against west brom then didn't turn up for the second half. Sauntered about not bothered. The fact the he was offered to birmingham for 3mill and they refused makes me wonder why the fuck we have him. He can be a good player but I just wonder how many more times we have to play him before he shows it.

Trallisx

Loyal Freddie
Ch3tan said:
I'd disagree with Ronaldo being inconsistent, he's played more games and been more consistent in front of goal than the rest of the squad. And remember how old he is.

I agree Ronaldo has played a lot of games, but more consistent in front of goal? He's scored 9 goals in 49 games so far this season (all comps).

RvN has played 23 games all season and scored 15 times, although injured a lot this year, he is by far more consistent than Ronaldo in front of goal. Of course its to be expected as Ronaldo isnt a striker. I dont not rate Ronaldo, I think he is one of the most gifted and promising young footballers currently about and should develop into an absolutly world class footballer.
But at the moment his lack of experience shows, his final ball isn't always that good and he try's 1 trick too many in situations where a simple pass would work far better.

Personally I'm looking forward to nxt season, Man Utd have signed a few younger players over the last few seasons, some of which may begin to emerge. I'm just hoping we sign a big name midfielder to help bolster the engine room.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Ronaldo has I think the worst shot miss ratio in the premiership after Lampard (not making that up, read it somewhere)

I don't think Arsenal or Man Utd are in crisis really just that Chelsea have performed so well, and everyone was probably expecting a repeat of Arsenal last season. We've got money now and with players like Fabregas/Flamini/Senderos/Clichy/Van Persie coming up I think we will have a very strong squad. Wenger has said he is in the market for "world class" players this summer to bolster the squad so with a good mix of youngsters and veterans I think we will come back very strong next season. I think we lost our way when Campbell was out and Cygan was played. Also the points dropped after losing twice to Man Utd cost us a bit. Man Utd are in a similar boat, dropping points to teams like Norwich which just shouldn't be happening to a top team. It is going to be tough to replace players like Giggs/Keane/Neville/Scholes once they are past it and alot of your youngsters haven't looked up to scratch, also your squad players don't come up to scratch with Chelseas or even Arsenals in my opinion. :)

Trallisx

Loyal Freddie
I totally agree with you Mobius, Man Utd and Arsenal aren't in a crisis. OK we have under-performed based on previous seasons, but a finishing 2nd and 3rd in the Premiership is hardly a crisis. I'd rather be in Man Utd/Arsenal's position than any of the bottom 4 right now.
I think out of the current top 3, Man Utd's squad is weaker, this is why we are in the position we are in. Man Utd and to some extent Arsenal's cover for key positions is weak. For instance our keepers, if we lose carrol we get howard in, both average keepers, where as if Cech is injured, they have Cuddicini as replacement. Both of chelsea's keepers would walk into any of the current premiership sides and the vast majority of the top European teams.

Well we have 2 more games to play, I hope we beat Southampton to take some confidence into the Cup Final.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Casillas still out of contract at the end of season and supposedly not interested in all the extra cash real have been offering

Trallisx

Loyal Freddie
nakkiel said:
Casillas still out of contract at the end of season and supposedly not interested in all the extra cash real have been offering

Nah, he has another year to run yet. He doesn't want to move from Real, he's just linking himself to Man Utd so Madrid hike his wages.
I'd love him to between our sticks next season, but I dont see it happening.

I cant believe L'Arsenal won 7-0 last night, I was looking forward to the cup final before then, I'm now a little worried!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom