1.3 Patch is Out

B

bids

Just loaded it up and there appears to be a significant performance increase on my setup. Mods to sounds are pretty good too. Definitely an improvement :)

S

Scooba Da Bass

The sounds seem a lot less 'chunkier', EA need to 'borrow' DoD's sounds really.

T

throdgrain

48 mb ? Is that for real ? Will it be compatiblw with the current version, or should I install when the server changes like everything else ?
And how will it effect Road To Rome ? Or should I just buy that and it will be auto 1.3 ?
So many questions ! :)

A

adams901

I would think 1.3 will be a part of RtR, but I can also say with a fair amount of certainty that a patch to fix the bugs in RtR will probably be released within a month of it coming out :)

S

Scooba Da Bass

It's on the bw ftp, link is in the sticky at the top of the page.

P

Pro]v[etheus

Downloaded the patch about an hour ago, gameplay appears to be smoother, hate the new gun sounds though and i also now get a lot of crackling and popping which i never had before.

S

Summo

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass
The sounds seem a lot less 'chunkier', EA need to 'borrow' DoD's sounds really.
YOU'RE RIGHT! But I do like the new 'chain' sound of the mounted machine guns.

Since the patch my gamma seems to have shot through the roof (it was always a little on the bright side). Does anyone know how to turn this down without adjusting my entire desktop?

Anyone?

S

Scooba Da Bass

I don't recall an in game gamma slider, you may well have to switch down before starting the game, as the other way you could do it with Powerstrips shortcut creator doesn't effect bf42.

E

Embattle

Damn, didn't manage to get to play the update last night, must do tonight.

C

Cdr

In true style I got the patch, installed it, then realised that no servers were running it - damn admins.

At to top it off my dad brought one of his m8s round to have a look at it - had to stick it in single player :/

T

throdgrain

Does anyone know when the BW servers will be updated ?

T

throdgrain

Summo have u fixed the gamma thing, only me mate has that problem too ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom