1.2 - Thoughts & Opinions?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Purely constructive please!

So far I have not really been too impressed. Whilst the patch has added a lot of great content, there are so many bugs present its unreal.

Crash to desktop a couple of times for me earlier - something I have NEVER experienced before in my gaming career.

Taunt doesn't appear to be working properly.

Wards don't seem to be working 'to an extent' (although I believe this has always been an issue)?

There seems to a minor lag about, people jumping places etc. quite quickly.

Slayer items already dropping? Stupidity. Let's add items for a class that isn't out yet to further minimize the odds of getting the items you need in a dungeon.

The event seems very easy and well....uneventful. I jumped on the pad in TT scenario and got one of the unlocks? lol.

T4 rezz no longer works in dungeon fights; which takes away a very diverse part of the game, and coupled with this taunt bugging, means vital time wasted.

Resist caps give the impression enemy damage may have to be adjusted - some insane damage taken now im comparison to before.

As a quick overview:

RvR -> seems a lot better now - more versatility in what you do etc.

PvE -> shot to fuckin pieces.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
As a WE we have had the arse torn out of us :p

Nate

FH is my second home
Had a bit of fun on my AM, killed 2 Sorcs and a Chosen in one fight, a Marauder, a DoK gave up and a Witch Elf got kited.

The Crafting Changes seem quite nice, got a rare seed yday that grows in to 100 wound, +3 magic crit for 1 hour pots. Got a purple fragment from City Dungeons Scavenging.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Havn't played it much yet, but seems pretty good to me. Some massive changes. Still trying to get used to the fact I have instant squig armour.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
As a WE we have had the arse torn out of us :p

Class has been fixed, anyone who says the WE was fine as it was is in denial... and i still see WE's doing well, but they aren't guaranteed I-WIN cannons anymore.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Had a bit of fun on my AM, killed 2 Sorcs and a Chosen in one fight, a Marauder, a DoK gave up and a Witch Elf got kited.

The Crafting Changes seem quite nice, got a rare seed yday that grows in to 100 wound, +3 magic crit for 1 hour pots. Got a purple fragment from City Dungeons Scavenging.

They fixed the AM bug yesterday, no more unkillable AM's :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Purely constructive please!

So far I have not really been too impressed. Whilst the patch has added a lot of great content, there are so many bugs present its unreal.

Crash to desktop a couple of times for me earlier - something I have NEVER experienced before in my gaming career.

Taunt doesn't appear to be working properly.

Wards don't seem to be working 'to an extent' (although I believe this has always been an issue)?

There seems to a minor lag about, people jumping places etc. quite quickly.

Slayer items already dropping? Stupidity. Let's add items for a class that isn't out yet to further minimize the odds of getting the items you need in a dungeon.

The event seems very easy and well....uneventful. I jumped on the pad in TT scenario and got one of the unlocks? lol.

T4 rezz no longer works in dungeon fights; which takes away a very diverse part of the game, and coupled with this taunt bugging, means vital time wasted.

Resist caps give the impression enemy damage may have to be adjusted - some insane damage taken now im comparison to before.

As a quick overview:

RvR -> seems a lot better now - more versatility in what you do etc.

PvE -> shot to fuckin pieces.

The taunt bug was fixed yesterday.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Overall i like the changes, although i'm not sure the new domination system will work out well in the end as it makes the zone locks even more numbers-dependant.

My SM has had a big damage boost (i found myself doing mdps level damage almost - ED hitting for 500-600 on a crit and 350+ normally, and the GSM tactic is evil), but some of the lines are still lacklustre (particuarly Vaul).

The anti-disarm buff timer is a perfect balance ability and the buff only lasts 4s with a 20s cooldown on the ability, so i dont see it as being worth speccing for. Whispering wind looks nice but again needs to be given a longer duration. The natures blade buffing the group thing is godly in a tank group (ran in a premade briefly on patch day, EVIL) but a bit "meh" in a caster group.

My BW seems to have multiple bugs with it's DD abilities including the crit bug still occuring at times. Combustion damage really needs to be lowered a lot - cut in half i'd say.

My AM hasn't been played yet so i can't comment, but my WH feels weak now and i'm forced to spec for BAL which is an ability i never liked (much preferred the Exit Wounds line for dropping support).

Nate

FH is my second home
They fixed the AM bug yesterday, no more unkillable AM's :)
Killed the first 3 yesterday but yeah I noticed a difference :p Well, I tell a lie. The world did most of the killing :d heals > in combat cliff jumping.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
OK keeping this positive.

Main - Marauder R40 rr 43 (ish)

Alt - Shammy R40 rr 38

Shammy hasn't seen rvr since the patch but it does seem as though the spells with a 2s cast time haven't recieved it. It could be an incorrect spell animation that makes me think this as it still starts at 3s for the cast but it doesn't feel like a 2s cast.

Overall happy with the shammy's lot. The boost to group heal and small heal is about right - not overpowered in pve and certainly useful.

I've not been in rvr with him so I can't comment or speculate there,

The Marauder.

OH MY WORD. Why is the question I think I'd ask. I can understand the nerf to disorientates but my god the changes to the Marauder compared with the boosts to other classes make baby jebus cry.

I managed to gank an Archmage solo last night and almost take his firendly swordmaster (who potted to win the fight) but I've had to completely respec to do this.

The Old disorientate spec is useless - unfortunately this takes out the most damaging single target attack in the monstrosity tree and turns monst into a bit of a one trick pony.

The boosts to brutality are apprently a bit meh but I've not tested those so I won't comment.

What I will say is that whilst I don't hit very hard I suspect now order players will despise me even more. I don't have disorientate but they've fixed exhaustive strikes which means speccing high in savagery allows me to pretty much remove someone's AP completely in about 10 seconds.

I have to say that the nerf to cutting claw was (Imo) unnecesarry and that Marauders really do need some dps loving if they're to shine in oRvr - at the moment I would say they're a solid class but I'm unsure if they have the dps to live up to their mdps title. I would not be surprised if many white lions felt the same here as from what I can understand their damage is still a bit "meh" too.

M

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ground targetting reticule is fixed. That was driving me insane before as my primary spell is gtaoe.

Slight increase in Changing-spec Magus DPS, but thats mostly due to a couple of fixes rather than lovin'. However, we still suffer from shit survivability and no burst dps of any great note. It takes stacking a shedload of dots on someone before they even notice we're doing anything. Great for high scores in scenarios, ridiculous if we actually want to damage anything. Havoc spec magi reporting a drop in DPS due to firestorm being defendable now.

Shadow Warriors seem to be crazily overpowered now. I was getting hit last night for around 2.8k on a single hit. They can also shoot through walls. It wasn't lag - between both Order and Destruction there were about 12 people in the zone. This was also repeated a few times so I'm confident in this case my observations are accurate.

Magus still cannot fully dye armour, we stay mostly blue.

Balance-wise, I don't think it was a very good patch. The fluff, crafting updates and the bitter rivals content are excellent.

Calaen

Class has been fixed, anyone who says the WE was fine as it was is in denial... and i still see WE's doing well, but they aren't guaranteed I-WIN cannons anymore.

Yeah cause black orcs now doing more damage than a WE is balanced.

AM's killing tanks is totally balanced!!!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah cause black orcs now doing more damage than a WE is balanced.

AM's killing tanks is totally balanced!!!

I see plenty of well played WE's doing well, it's the button mashers who cant just bind every key to slice and headmash the keyboard anymore who are struggling.

The AM bug has been fixed btw ;)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Ridiculous amount of bugs introduced in what feels like an incredibly rushed out patch, I tried to do two of the new rvr quests last night, one wanted me to return to a non-existent npc the other gave credit for visitng two BOs at once. Everytime I zone I lose all my alliance channels - very handy on Hirn when trying to discuss potential moves.

Just feels to me like a slap dash job in order to say they are adding stuff to get another months subs out of people on the verge of leaving (I wasn't one of these people prior to the patch/Hirn transfer debacle but getting ever closer to it).

Calaen

I see plenty of well played WE's doing well, it's the button mashers who cant just bind every key to slice and headmash the keyboard anymore who are struggling.

The AM bug has been fixed btw ;)

My point is I did not mind my class being brought into line, however a MDPS being out damaged by tanks is downright silly.

And the people playing most We's now are the ones that enjoy running around in circles trying to get off positionals due to server lag. It's hardly down to skill :p The thing that annoys me the most is that they are making WE's either run in packs or spec in one tree only.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll give you my view of dest melee dps from order side. Marauders now hurt like hell if they are straffing nubs. WE's have been gutted. Yes they needed a nerf but its stupid what mythic have done to them.

Calaen

I'll give you my view of dest melee dps from order side. Marauders now hurt like hell if they are straffing nubs. WE's have been gutted. Yes they needed a nerf but its stupid what mythic have done to them.

I witnessed Marauder solo a IB (S+B) and he only took 20% health loss to himself.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
My point is I did not mind my class being brought into line, however a MDPS being out damaged by tanks is downright silly.

let me guess. you went toe to toe against a tank and he tanked you dead?

being a DPS class shouldn't automatically make you win against tanks. as they have shitloads more mitigation then you do.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I witnessed Marauder solo a IB (S+B) and he only took 20% health loss to himself.

Seems to be impale and I guess a combo of tactics. It was hitting for ( and this is a just rough numbers) 600 ish and only 200 mitigated against my IB with shield. Next few times i met the same marauder I just walked back in a large circle to prevent most impales and won easy. But if they get behind u then they do massive dmg.

Calaen

let me guess. you went toe to toe against a tank and he tanked you dead?

being a DPS class shouldn't automatically make you win against tanks. as they have shitloads more mitigation then you do.

no actually an alliance member who was playing his level 39 Black Orc critted for 900. Given the fact he has 10k Hp I think its unacceptable.

I do not think WE's should be able to kill Shield tanks and thankfully with this patch that has been fixed. But healers and BW mitigating 75% of damage is bollocks because they are meant to be squishy.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

And the people playing most We's now are the ones that enjoy running around in circles trying to get off positionals due to server lag. It's hardly down to skill :p The thing that annoys me the most is that they are making WE's either run in packs or spec in one tree only.

Welcome to the class WE's were SUPPOSED to be.

ALL melee classes have positional openers, WL's for example RELY on positionals to be effective. WE's have just had it so damn easy till now.

Just because you can't stand toe-to-toe with an IB and slaughter him by repeatedly pressing 1-button anymore, doesn't mean you were ever meant to be able too.

WE's running in packs pretty much sums up the players who chose that class simply because it was daftly overly powerful.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
WE's running in packs pretty much sums up the players who chose that class simply because it was daftly overly powerful.

That pretty much describes how most Witch Hunters play. There are entire packs of the feckers running around now. Its like the old DAoC stealth zerg reborn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom