1.2.1 Tomorrow?

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd imagine GOA will patch us tomorrow bringing us a whole bunch of fun stuff.
The US patches today allegedly: Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Herald

Are there any highlights of the patch for you?

I'm intrigued by the change of Thunderous blows so it reduces wounds for 20s. That could be brutal, although few marauders purchase it.

I'm hoping that fixes to guild and alliance chat permissions (amongst other things) work as it's one of the things that bugs me most when I'm on a rant about lag etc :)

M

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i never really understood what was so bad about abilities that reduce wounds. i mean, the debuff cant take THAT many hp's away from the total health.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
depends on the wounds debuff. If you were to lose say 20% of your health pool for 20 seconds whilst being melee trained it would dramatically alter the ability of healers to keep you up.

I'd say it's largely irrelevent for "soft" targets but it may well be a right pita for tanks or opposition melee healers/dps.

If you were to lose 1% however, you could probably afford to just stand and spam /lol at the marauder, although with our current damage output it's not far off that already ;)

M

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Combat Responsiveness Improvements.

Actually being able to believe what's happening on your screen would be quite an improvement.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Archmage
More damage
More damage
More damage
More damage
More damage
More damage
More damage
More damage

Shaman
More damage
More damage
More damage
More damage
More damage
More damage
More damage
More damage

Just what every healer needs. More damage. I'll remember that it's for the best when people are dropping like flies because the AMs and Shammies of this world are too busy DPSing to heal.

Next they'll be giving healers respectable MDPS, and melee survivability rivalling that of a tank.

Oh wait...

Yeah, I realise AMs and Shammies are some sort of RDPS/Healer balancing mechanic hybrid thing, and the WP/DoK are MDPS/Healer/Tank hybrid things that don't need to watch AP, but seriously, Mythic, when're the Zealots and Runpriests of this world going to get some better healing functionality to make up for the fact that they're useful for pretty much fuck all else?

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Also, I'd be entertained to know what their criteria is for "participating" in a zone capture for your 5 RvE tokens. Same criteria as "participating" in a BO cap?

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

And... step out of the war camp and flag RvR in time for the cap.

"OMG u didn't w8 for me b4 u capped teh zone!"

?

Are tokens awarded for defending, beyond killing attackers (and the chance that they'll drop one, and the chance that you'll win the roll)? That's going to mean an awful lot of solo instacast and AoE RDPSers tagging players. I wanna be solo on an AoE war engine tbh.

Are we going to see people shouting not to defend a zone, because if we defend, we can't recapture the zone for "toknz meight0rz"?

All in all it seems a bit half baked, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how it pans out. Still not renewing my subs yet.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
actually some nice changes, althought pokemanz has been taking up a lot of my time recently, ima play when this comes through.

SH love again! :D

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
As some players have already said, fix the RP split system, then introduce a bounty point system that works on the same code. DAoC's bounty point system was great - don't see why the felt the need to reinvent the wheel!

eksdee

FH is my second home
I'll remember that it's for the best when people are dropping like flies because the AMs and Shammies of this world are too busy DPSing to heal.

bad players are everywhere, changes of mechanics won't change that sadly :p

on the whole the shaman/am changes will make those that ARE healing far more effective (that is, the changes in this patch coupled with those coming in the next patch/es) so i'd be happy generally about shamans/ams :).

all in all i think this is a really good patch, a lot of really annoying stuff is being fixed such as the rof/pos stacking, the kotbs cc ignoring immunities, the addition of the token system, the lag 'fixes' (i'll believe it when i see it), making keeps harder to take... etc!

looking forward to tomorrow :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If only they could definetely fix the damn client and lag i'd be happier tbh, yday i was literally on top of Miri's Shaman and couldn't hit him (target out of range) half the time.
That said generally speaking they seem nice changes.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
bad players are everywhere, changes of mechanics won't change that sadly :p

on the whole the shaman/am changes will make those that ARE healing far more effective (that is, the changes in this patch coupled with those coming in the next patch/es) so i'd be happy generally about shamans/ams :).

all in all i think this is a really good patch, a lot of really annoying stuff is being fixed such as the rof/pos stacking, the kotbs cc ignoring immunities, the addition of the token system, the lag 'fixes' (i'll believe it when i see it), making keeps harder to take... etc!

looking forward to tomorrow :)

I'm not so sure they will if I'm being honest.

I'm worried about the direction that we're being taken in. I think 1.2.1 will see alot more "hybrid dps" shammies and fewer healers. The problem is that people are used to shammies healing...

They're kinda bringing the focus back to what the original idea for the classes were but they're doing it after 99% of people have gotten used to them being healers.

M

eksdee

FH is my second home
If only they could definetely fix the damn client and lag i'd be happier tbh, yday i was literally on top of Miri's Shaman and couldn't hit him (target out of range) half the time.
That said generally speaking they seem nice changes.

it's not client lag, i just cheat!

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Looks good, hope the patch goes smoothly and doesnt bring lots of problems.
:lol: who am i kidding.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I know the changes are for the best. However this will do nothing but exasperate the already bad Order to Destro population on K8P. At least the ROF slowed down the huge horde of tanks destro has in Tier 4. After this patch with their massive numerical advantage every keep take will be over in 5 mins.

Agreed, the changes were needed, getting pulled in by a Magus to 4 x Pit Of Shades was so frustrating. In fact if there is one ability I would want to see nerfed to oblivion it is all the pull in's. It's insanely OP and easymode, Marauder targets opposition healer pulls in and either POS or Melee train to death in 2-3 seconds.

Maybe they should just make all AOE's and GTAOE's by LOS only. Redesign the keeps to widen choke points etc.

Have not played on the Test Servers so will wait and see how this all goes. last thing we need on K8P is BW's throwing in the towels.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
As some players have already said, fix the RP split system, then introduce a bounty point system that works on the same code. DAoC's bounty point system was great - don't see why the felt the need to reinvent the wheel!

because as much as ppl want it to be, this is not DAoC 2.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
because as much as ppl want it to be, this is not DAoC 2.

That doesn't mean that some things in Daoc weren't done right and there's no fucking need to reinvent the wheel just for the sake of it.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie

Agreed.

It's more looting and borked rolls for loot which is a frustrating way to do it.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Did a keep take today and the difference seemed huge. As a melee dps I could hit a door without being melted in 2 seconds. The ramp wasnt a zone of death. Dest put up a tank wall and the 2 sides clashed at the wall without being melted by RoF/PoS. They added to the dmg but wernt the deciding factor.

On melee I found I could at last hit peeps without a constant stream of out of range. This was with 2 to 2.5 WB's in the zone from either side.

I collected a few tokens and think the drop rate is about right. Where is the fun if you get every bit of loot in 1 day. As I understand it tokens can buy loot to help finish off the set. You are still able to get Items from bags.

Now just fix city raids and pve dungion loot system and I'll be a happy bunny:)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
SH's dps has gone up a shit-tonne.
Respecced to a hybrid between quick shooting and Big shooting with 1sec plink, and it seems to actually hit every 1 second.
The added damage from pets is very good as well.

See they didn't do anything about the shitty framerates in citie sieges though eh

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
On melee I found I could at last hit peeps without a constant stream of out of range. This was with 2 to 2.5 WB's in the zone from either side.

Odd, it seems worse than before the patch.

Also, WTF have trhey done to shammys? They are almost unkillable .....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That doesn't mean that some things in Daoc weren't done right and there's no fucking need to reinvent the wheel just for the sake of it.

no your right. some things in DAoC was super.... in DAoC!

that doesent mean it will be viable for a completely different game tho.

and even if it is, it all it would do is convice ppl even more that this game IS DAoC 2. and Mythic doesent want it to be that.

this game is enough DAoC as it is.

eksdee

FH is my second home
my shammy has 9.2k hp with a pot, i tanked 5 people in a scenario yesterday for like 3 minutes before my group killed them all xD

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Damage buff - very hard to kill now especially as many healer classes are finally wrapping their noggins around detaunts.

time to roll a healer then. coz very few other classes will have much of a chance against them.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
my shammy has 9.2k hp with a pot, i tanked 5 people in a scenario yesterday for like 3 minutes before my group killed them all xD

Nice you got 1,2 k hps more than my Sm ^^
Balanced :p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Provided a shaman isn't being healed by something else, I can take them down solo on my WP, so perhaps those attacking need to learn how healing debuffs, silences, and appropiately timed knockbacks work?

You can keep a shaman from being fully effective for 20 seconds or so on a WP; so you should be able to do 1 minute+ with frickin 5 of you.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Provided a shaman isn't being healed by something else, I can take them down solo on my WP, so perhaps those attacking need to learn how healing debuffs, silences, and appropiately timed knockbacks work?

You can keep a shaman from being fully effective for 20 seconds or so on a WP; so you should be able to do 1 minute+ with frickin 5 of you.

A good Am/Shaman can tie up 2-3 attackers with proper use of detaunt and shield. 5 is impressive tho, unless you're fighting idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom