02 gprs settings

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i am trying to send MMS messages but i keep getting GPRS network not available.

phone is 6230

i assume i get this msg because of some settings but mine are the same as the o2 site says.

tris-

i sent a message to some O2 number off the site about sending your first MMS message. i got a txt back saying something will ne enabled in 48 hours. i think that was just for MMS. how do you get GPRS enabled?

i already have all those settings.

Gray

FH is my second home
Phone o2 customer services, tell em your GPRS isnt working. They will check the Network (ABS) and then tell you they have to send out an email to the Back Office to have the GPRS provisioned.

Takes about 72hrs now tho because there is a *HUGE* backlog of customers wanting GPRS enabled now

tris-

grey can u get it done on the *nudge nudge wink wink*? ;)

Gray

FH is my second home
sure, if i was in, but since im not in now until Tuesday, it would be more better for you to ring up ;). Altho we're closed now i think :p

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
Another thing to check with the 6320 (and also the 6820) is the fact that when it receives mms/gprs settings, it saves them, but it doesn't activate them by default.

MMS

When the settings have been applied, the account will need to be activated, to do this please follow the steps shown below.

1. Press Menu.

2. Scroll to and select Messages.

3. Scroll to and select Message settings .

4. Scroll to and select Multimedia msgs .

5. Scroll to and select Connection settings.

6. Select Active multimedia settings.

7. Select the desired MMS account from the list and press Activate.

8. A message Multimedia settings activated will be displayed, the account has now been activated.

9. Press the End Call key to return to the main screen.

The settings have now been applied and are ready for use.

GPRS

1. Press Menu.

2. Scroll to and select Services.

3. Scroll to and select Settings.

4. Select Connection settings.

5. Select Active service settings.

6. Select the desired WAP account from the list and press Activate.

7. A message will then appear Service settings activated, the account has now been activated.

8. Press the End Call key to return to the main screen.

The settings have now been applied and are ready for use.

Once you've done all of this, turn the phone off and on for good measure, as once GPRS is turned on the phone won't think this is the case until it updates its status on the network.

Clown

Part of the furniture
This is bollocks. My GPRS and MMS and WAP and all that shit used to work. Now it doesn't. Maybe it has something to do with them sending me a new chip as I blocked my old one.

tris-

done all that nos it makes no difference

dysfunction

FH is my second home
You most likely have to get a "service plan" from 02 for GPRS. If you ring them up and get the "free" one you then just pay for the kb you download.

tris-

everytime i phoned their systems were down, so now i cant be botherd to do it. thanks anyway!

Gray

FH is my second home
rofl. its true, i aint been in for 3days "cant wait" to see the carnage left over the weekend

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Question for you gray - what's the number which an O2 Contract SIM diverts to, when it's sending a call to voicemail?

Xav

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom