♥ Ranger Movie! ♥

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Really nice movie, just a shame that Zephyr is what it is.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
that was pure quality. best vid i ever watched.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Great vid mate :) That trident and bow is really nice.. You pwned those stealthers

vintervargen

Banned
it is not my ftp :<

im still looking for an alternate host..

and thanks for all kind words! :fluffle:

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
givf new host asap !
was on 49% earlier, then I had to move comp home etc, found ftp fucked :p so it's STILL ON DAMN 49% :/ givf moveh :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Was really nice movie; was watching it and here and there saw some stuff I might use on my ranger too ;)

Few things I was 'surprised' with:

* You dont seem to use legendary weapons.. Sure looks > performance but out of possible 5 enemy stealthers; 3 are resistant to your damage. Judging damage (130-180~) I would say you could easily get an almost 40-50% damage increase without the debuff-proc and nearly double your damage when the debuff goes off. This for SB's/infils.

* Fz'ing classes who have access to IP. Against classes with low damage-output in melee (mincer/scout) it might be worth it to FZ abit later to prevent them to IP. Saw it a few times and iirc I saw a fight you lost but would have won with proper timing of the FZ ;)

* You spend points in Physical Defense. Cool for PvE and enemies who use 'normal weapons' but it seems pretty common for me stealthers use legendaries (atleast on Prydwen almost everyone runs with em except slash infils it seems; and even those switch rather quickly when they meet slash-resistant enemies!). Those points are wasted when enemy uses legendaries. Point-for-point wise you probably better off spending those points in toughness. PD3 = 12% more melee-resists or 12% more hp when someone uses mundane weapons. Toughness3 = 25+50+75 = 150 more hp which prolly equals to about 7%~ on a ranger hp; but works for all damage-types; including nukers.

Furthermore Im amazed at the amount of people who dont see u when u sneak up onto em; often you got camo down (all rangers do heheh) and they should see you easily; but you still most often the first to strike.

Anyhow overall a VERY nice movie; nicely editted and good footage. Big thumbs up !

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Let us know when the FTP is up & running m8, can't wait to see it =)

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
* You spend points in Physical Defense. Cool for PvE and enemies who use 'normal weapons' but it seems pretty common for me stealthers use legendaries (atleast on Prydwen almost everyone runs with em except slash infils it seems; and even those switch rather quickly when they meet slash-resistant enemies!). Those points are wasted when enemy uses legendaries. Point-for-point wise you probably better off spending those points in toughness. PD3 = 12% more melee-resists or 12% more hp when someone uses mundane weapons. Toughness3 = 25+50+75 = 150 more hp which prolly equals to about 7%~ on a ranger hp; but works for all damage-types; including nukers.

hes got aom too vs lw's.. and 150hp is like... less then 1 hit :x

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Just seen the movie, and what can I say? I liked it ;P

FZing that alb into the mobs made me laugh.

Good use of the CD side chain, stlong zephyr use too - but it was fun to watch. /respect for mixing it in melee rather than plinking from some tower (I play a vw, I have no axe to grind there...)

Nothing to do with the vid, but Hello Roxen <3 you are the only scout that's killed me 1v1 in ages (although I'd like to see you try that away from the water, /beckon)

vintervargen

Banned
about PD, its not only great vs assains and tanks with slash malice/battler, but it also let you get away easier from adding archers (no LW arrows yet ;))

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Spamb0t said:
hes got aom too vs lw's.. and 150hp is like... less then 1 hit :x

19% more slash/thrust/crush resists versus anyone smart enough to use legendaries on him is 20 RA-points wasted for 0 benefit tho o_O

Depends on the stealther-climate ofcourse; but smart stealthers use legendaries because it will outperform thrust-damage in the most cases. Typical shadowblade has 40% effective thrust-resists and with heat-resists up most likely still less then 40% effective heat-resists. The debuff proc on Goldenspear only debuffs 7.5% thrust resists where the legendaries debuff either 17.5% on non-resist-buffed targets and more on resist-buffed enemies.

About the toughness-story; basically additional hp = extra 'resists' versus all damage; since you can now take more damage before you die.

People who use Battler/Malice on a ranger, see the PD4 and still dont switch weapons are... rather dumb :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
19% more slash/thrust/crush resists versus anyone smart enough to use legendaries on him is 20 RA-points wasted for 0 benefit tho o_O

Depends on the stealther-climate ofcourse; but smart stealthers use legendaries because it will outperform thrust-damage in the most cases. Typical shadowblade has 40% effective thrust-resists and with heat-resists up most likely still less then 40% effective heat-resists. The debuff proc on Goldenspear only debuffs 7.5% thrust resists where the legendaries debuff either 17.5% on non-resist-buffed targets and more on resist-buffed enemies.

About the toughness-story; basically additional hp = extra 'resists' versus all damage; since you can now take more damage before you die.

People who use Battler/Malice on a ranger, see the PD4 and still dont switch weapons are... rather dumb :p
puppet kan ji jer neit even een torrentje vvan maken ofzo? die pw van site werkt niet meer.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
sorry im used to chat on tech forums..where almost every1 put there systems in signature..

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Joor said:
sorry im used to chat on tech forums..where almost every1 put there systems in signature..
This not being such a forum, no one cares. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom