£30,000 per annum income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
It took me 6 years of hard work to get to the point where i earn 30k and it's not a pittance. 1850 a month in take home pay is actually a lot of money. Most people in the country survive on a hell of a lot less than that.
Blimey my take home is less than that, I'm getting scammed, scammed I tell you!*

* Actually it's student loans and pensions chipping away at it. :(

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Ah come now, even I know that Yucks "natural selection" is blantant goading! It's basically Fascism, and old Yuck isn't a fascist now is he?

Secondarily-also: People are wankers. Rich people, poor people: wankers, self serving shitbags. This isn't a richman vs poorman thing, it's broader and deeper rooted than that. I'm not biased either way.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
thats bollocks, I am biased, but not on a single person level. It does annoy me that well educated, well to do people can be so fucking blind and hateful, sometimes.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
maxi said:
Ah come now, even I know that Yucks "natural selection" is blantant goading!

Nope it's a fact, the cream will always rise to the top. There will be some exceptions, but overall the rules apply. I should point out I'm not at the top, although thats subjective, I'm driving a Merc, but I can't afford a Lambo yet. If I had not achieved reasonably by my age though I would be depressed to say the least.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
ah so you are a fascist then. lovely stuff. What do you mean by TOP anyway? your statement leaves so many un answered questions.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
maxi said:
ah so you are a fascist then. lovely stuff. What do you mean by TOP anyway? your statement leaves so many un answered questions.

All seems fairly clear to me.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Well lets assume by Top you mean Good Earner.

It implies everyone has the same goals, and success imeans the same for everyone.

It works on the assumption that everyone will have oppurtunities and completely overlooks the fact that we don't live in a society that offers this. Hard work does not equal relative achievment.

infact everything I'm going to say, has already been said on this thread...and i cant be arsed.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
maxi said:

Please don't bandy words like fascism around when you clearly don't know what they mean; claiming that the individual will rise up if they have talent is absolutely not fascism - quite the reverse actually as it recognises the value of the individual over the group or state.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
maxi said:
thats bollocks, I am biased, but not on a single person level. It does annoy me that well educated, well to do people can be so fucking blind and hateful, sometimes.

As opposed to the ill-educated, possibly poor, thick people that are blind and hateful an awful lot of the time.

There's a reason you don't get into many fights if you're not st00pid. :)

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Scouse said:
As opposed to the ill-educated, possibly poor, thick people that are blind and hateful an awful lot of the time.

but they have an excuse! they're poorly educated! anyway, saying that kind of lead me to think that no amopunt of education in the art of Business Management is going to override a persons (almost) inherant prejudice a result of their upbringing and surroundings.

DaGaffer: the term "Natural Selection" was why i replied with a possibly antagonistic post, I don't particularly think you can seriously brand someone a fascist after reading a one line post. It wasn't entirely serious, I think had i taken Yucks original post seriously I'd have gone mental with rage.

DaGaffer

maxi said:
but they have an excuse! they're poorly educated! anyway, saying that kind of lead me to think that no amopunt of education in the art of Business Management is going to override a persons (almost) inherant prejudice a result of their upbringing and surroundings.

DaGaffer: the term "Natural Selection" was why i replied with a possibly antagonistic post, I don't particularly think you can seriously brand someone a fascist after reading a one line post. It wasn't entirely serious, I think had i taken Yucks original post seriously I'd have gone mental with rage.

The whole eugenics thing has nothing to do with fascism and it annoys me how easily anyone from the left throws out the term 'fascist' when someone has a different point of view; if you want to throw 'fascist' epiphets at people, throw them at Islamic fundamentalists, they're the nearest thing we've got to fascists in the modern world. And you did throw the 'fascist' gibe Yuck's way twice...;)

*edit* - and I used the word 'throw' four times in one paragraph. Shameful.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
maxi said:
but they have an excuse! they're poorly educated!

Y'see. I strongly disagree here.

Pretty much everyone knows the difference between right and wrong and that, on the whole, fighting is probably not the right thing to do in most circumstances. Right?

Well, if you're with me on the last point then a lot of these people show that they just don't care - and use their fists anyway - normally when they're wrong.

Handily, I very rarely see any trouble - let alone get into any. By a quirky (and most handy) coincidence of fate thick people tend to go out to certain bars/areas - and I don't :)

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Ah i got Lazy, and sort of apathetic...I havent even decided If im from 'the left' yet, either ;) I think lef tand right are far too simplistic , which is kind of ironic...ok ok I shouldn't have said it in the first place...but damn if i continued to pick up on every bit of anger directed toward a slightly liberal approach on this thread alone, I'd be so bogged down issues would never get talked about. See the old Iraq thread for that theory applied perfectly.

I think that suggesting that Natural Selection exists in the way implied does lean that way...and until I've got my energy and enthusiasm for the subject back, I cant bring myself to go into detail. Sorry, this is a cop out, I know...

and scouse: Fighting is anotehr kettle of fish entirely isn't it? again I've lost any will to discuss this further (at the moment) I will say if people want to beat the shit out of each other, let them! It's just when they involve those who dont want to fight...i think a lot of people try and smother their violent tendancies...and im not sure its good....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
maxi said:
and scouse: Fighting is anotehr kettle of fish entirely isn't it? again I've lost any will to discuss this further (at the moment) I will say if people want to beat the shit out of each other, let them! It's just when they involve those who dont want to fight...i think a lot of people try and smother their violent tendancies...and im not sure its good....

:eek7:

DaGaffer

Louster said:
Given you've complained about word usage already, who said anything about eugenics?

Ah, come on; when people apply the words 'fascist' and 'natural selection' in the same sentence, we all know what (and who) they're talking about, don't we?

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Olly said:
i liked school. :p

This is why the people who post in general have the usual impression that the DAoC'ers are idiots, not meaning to tar everyone with the same brush but you are no help the the stereotype.

Fucking idiot.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
oh, since you asked i did try and thing of something instead of giving sums of cash and letting the bastards spend it on what they want.
why not design some kind of voucher that is only spendable on specific items, like bread, milk etc. ye, it seems like world war 2 again if we did that to them, but it will stop them spending our money on shit they dont need for the basics of living.
ok, so your probably gonna say "they will forge the vouchers". they can also forge money but its unlikely they will.
next, you will say "why should the government decide what a person needs to live on?" the average woman needs 2000calories and the average man needs 2500 per day. this has already been decided by scientists. why not use this? give enough vouchers to buy food and drink that will satisfy hydration and calorie needs. ofc there is also vouchers for bog rolls etc. if it is decided that the individual needs more of a certain item, then a doctor would decide this and make sure they get the appropriate vouchers.

yes, lets hire at least 1 doctor in every city to do this with an annual pay around? 40-50k£ a year? with over 1000 cities, thats not cheap you know

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Tom said:
It is not the responsibility of 'society' to pull people up from the gutter. Its their own responsibility. Thats how nature works, and thats how society should work.

thats how nature works? how about the way nature works that women arent fit to have their period - they are supposed to squeeze one brat out after another till they are around 40 or so and cant make any more. before civilization a woman had mabye her period 10 times or smth... now she has it once a month for 20 years at least.

Will

/bin/su
Nooooooooooo.

This is why digging up old threads is bad.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
DaGaffer said:
Sweden's a poor comparison, because, a. they have much lower population than us, b. they can't afford their welfare state either, and c. even their politicians have pointed out they need to reform their welfare system.

A closer comparison to us is France, and their higher tax burden and better welfare state is also unaffordable.

Bottom line, you can't have a low birthrate and an ageing population and a fancy welfare state. Something's got to give.
japan is so screwed, and nigeria will own :eek: (japan has a average living age or whatever on 82 and nigeria is on 37) but seriously, the birth rate and avg. life time of people is way off, people stop working in denmark at 65 but they could be working to, say 70 - part time maybe, or full if they wanted... every modern liberal country will fall eventually if it keeps going like this. so its essential that the child support stays high so people can afford making children and i can retire at 50 when the day comes :<

@ will

never the less its interesting :-DD

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Huntingtons said:
thats how nature works? how about the way nature works that women arent fit to have their period - they are supposed to squeeze one brat out after another till they are around 40 or so and cant make any more. before civilization a woman had mabye her period 10 times or smth... now she has it once a month for 20 years at least.

Did the moon rotate faster around the Earth back then?

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
This is why the people who post in general have the usual impression that the DAoC'ers are idiots, not meaning to tar everyone with the same brush but you are no help the the stereotype.

Fucking idiot.
Err... wtf?

If someone bumps an old thread and people don't like it.. what a great way to keep a thread active.. bump it again..

Tbh.. i don't get the problem with someone bumping an old thread? Did it knock your favourite thread title off the first page or something?

Will

/bin/su
People arguing back against points people made almost a year ago does my head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom