£1000 PC (max £1250)

- English -

Resident Freddy
New PC time, Im only after the box, no Monitor etc.

requirements :

dual core processor,
2gig ram,
2x good graphics cards or 1 very good one, ie. 8800gt ;)
300gig~HD

and the rest thats required to make them run.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
if you look at the end of my thread about graphics cards ive posted what i intend to make - you could probs improve on it with a better MB and change things how you want them but its essentially what your asking for - only costs around £900

Edit: Btw im no computer pro thats something ive put together with help from friends and so may not even all work together but im asking around on it so ill let you know

- English -

Resident Freddy
my.php

This is what Ive built, or well a little help from a friend.. ok he did it all!

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
- English - said:
my.php

This is what Ive built, or well a little help from a friend.. ok he did it all!

all seems ok with that spec, only thing i'd change is the motherboard, 975x chipset is far better than a 965x, just my 2 $ though :)

Afran

Part of the furniture
save your money and don't bother getting the 8800.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
The 8800 family do attract a strong premium while being the only dx10 card on the market. They will be in for a relatively dramatic price drop as soon as the ATi dx 10 cards or the 8900 family is released.

A top of the range 1950XTX/1900XTX/7900GT is extremely powerful, can run any game in glorious detail setttings and is much cheaper. At this point in time I think they are all better buys than the 8800 family (espically the GTS which is quite a bit slower than the GTX). However if money is not your concern then by all means the 8800GTX is the best card at the moment.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Ballard said:
The 8800 family do attract a strong premium while being the only dx10 card on the market. They will be in for a relatively dramatic price drop as soon as the ATi dx 10 cards or the 8900 family is released.

A top of the range 1950XTX/1900XTX/7900GT is extremely powerful, can run any game in glorious detail setttings and is much cheaper. At this point in time I think they are all better buys than the 8800 family (espically the GTS which is quite a bit slower than the GTX). However if money is not your concern then by all means the 8800GTX is the best card at the moment.

Pretty much that this guy said. By the time DX10 games are released properly, the 8800's power won't be able to run them very well (Crisis, for example), by then you'll need an even better DX10 card. The 1950XTX compared to the 8800 has roughly 4-5 fps difference on current top games, the only two times the 8800 comes out on top is 1) if you test it on Oblivion, but that's one-kind of game, nothing eats up power like that does, and secondly if you run in TOP resolution, which unless you've payed for the top monitor (around £600) to support this then it's not worth it.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
which unless you've payed for the top monitor (around £600) to support this then it's not worth it.

Which is also exactly why SLI setups are a waste of time for most people. For 95% of people one top of the range dx9 card is more than enough.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
If it fits into your budget get a Asus Striker Extreme, for me that's the ultimate gaming motherboard on the market atm, though the Asus P5N32-E is a great one aswell and cost a bit less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom