Friars ?

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
How many groups run with a friar atm ? Would You consider taking one over lets say a merc/reaver in a tankgroup setup ?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Not over a merc/reaver, but instead of a paladin yes.

Pity there are fook all of them around :(

Siv

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Not over a merc/reaver, but instead of a paladin yes.

Pity there are fook all of them around :(
You make me feel so wanted when you say that.

Actually, last night, some 50 necro offered to PAY me for grouping with him. I had to pinch my arm to see if I was asleep and having a wet dream. A 50 necro wanting to join a 50 friar and pay for it! I think he was just retarded, though.

Especially since he was already in my group.

Look at me, first post on FH.

Kwidz

Fledgling Freddie
friars = win! :)

BG grapple resists, can do damage
basebuffs static tempest
rr5 RA etc

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
To bad they are not FOTM so ppl actually play them.
Id like to see a friar in our grp setups but I have not managed to convince
the guy to kit him up and giving it a go.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Ouch, I just remembered, with friar resists we will be hitting that nasty 27
effects limit in no time, meaning my poor little sorc wont get to use any
active RAs... GJ Mythic :twak:

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Ehm guys, I sorta have this RR3 (wow hehe) toa'ed friar that nobody ever seem to want in their uber groups :/

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmi said:
Ehm guys, I sorta have this RR3 (wow hehe) toa'ed friar that nobody ever seem to want in their uber groups :/

no mate thats just you :fluffle:

:m00:

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Well Im thinking of rolling one and enjoy ToA all over again. So checking groupinterest kind of. :)

kilroy

Banned
yes roll friar ! rej spec plz, and buy my uber staff of CM wih 10% power pool and 10% healin (and someother irrelivent stats). house 1170, a bargain at 5 plat!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
kilroy said:
yes roll friar ! rej spec plz, and buy my uber staff of CM wih 10% power pool and 10% healin (and someother irrelivent stats). house 1170, a bargain at 5 plat!

I'll give you 5 gold for it... it's only one icon to the left, you'll hardly notice the difference!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
kilroy said:

49enhance
43rejuv
10staff
1parry

battlemaster

lvl 42 atm, coming up with necro-PL
on Orcanie though =)

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Think you'd get more all round fun out of 49 enhance, 33 rejuv, 29 staff, 3 parry.

roovah

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
49enhance
43rejuv
10staff
1parry

battlemaster

lvl 42 atm, coming up with necro-PL
on Orcanie though =)

very sucky spec tbh

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
kilroy said:

Lol that staff i bought for 850g so :p , and take me int the RvR grps, ive had 3 <Yes thats 3 seperate> 50 Friars and me current has ST and Red Resists +25%buff bonus ect..

And unless were on about a different staff i think it actually has +10%heals and +10%buffs not power pool. If were talking about DUSKWOOD STAFF OF THE BREEZE :)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
ooh as for the above spec, trust me as a previous 44 rejuv friar it aint worth it unless u never intend to solo. The single spec heal with ToA stuff is around 700hp and 2secs cast time which is nice but the HoT really dispointed me in the end, maybe if they made it 6 pulses itd be ok, or made it work with Croc Ring lvl 10 effect. But nice to see someone trying new specsors

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
eeeeeeeeeek! @ that high rejuv spec above. why ?????????? if u wanna heal that well. rolla cleric... friars are primarily backup healers . hence IMO should always either be battle spec. or a Mix of both with at least 39staff (IMO)

friars are liked in groups. but as for getting in a decent gank group with one i wouldnt count ya chances cos most the good rvr groups alreeady have a friar in there guild. hence only use that one.

my old group spec iirc was 49ench 25rejuve and i THINK was 39staff and rest in parry . fully toa'd and also nifty ra's o and battlemaster but i respec'd recently because the gank groups already had friars with them . and the only groups i got nvited to (which wasnt often) was ussually 3 necro's a smite cleric 2 paladins and a matter cabby :) lol .

but if any of u decent groups wanta friar and u see any of my alts on or me runnign solo (which i ussually do) then gimmi a shout and i'll log friar on to group up :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
[HB]Jpeg said:
eeeeeeeeeek! @ that high rejuv spec above. why ?????????? if u wanna heal that well. rolla cleric... friars are primarily backup healers . hence IMO should always either be battle spec. or a Mix of both with at least 39staff (IMO)

Alot of wardens go high rejuv (regrowth) and they got a sloppier rejuv-spec then friars do (no spec-groupheals, no cures). If you're bodyguarder you aint gonna dish out much melee-damage anyhow (u need to BG; not charge the enemy) so why not heal abit better? Battlemaster-styles and you're in business. More staff is cool for soloing; but for pure grouping its not that much needed.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Puppet said:
Alot of wardens go high rejuv (regrowth) and they got a sloppier rejuv-spec then friars do (no spec-groupheals, no cures). If you're bodyguarder you aint gonna dish out much melee-damage anyhow (u need to BG; not charge the enemy) so why not heal abit better? Battlemaster-styles and you're in business. More staff is cool for soloing; but for pure grouping its not that much needed.

thx for the support =)) that was exactly my thought

and if it really happens to be crap, it's not like I spent much time leveling that toon, so it's not a big loss for me =))

Puppet

Part of the furniture
liloe said:
thx for the support =)) that was exactly my thought

and if it really happens to be crap, it's not like I spent much time leveling that toon, so it's not a big loss for me =))

Well; support :p

As Jpeg pointed out, soloing aint gonna be much fun with that spec :D

Its up to you if u wanna make the class a pure support-toon or not. If u wanna solo atleast some stuff (29 staff is good support so you can actually kill pets on your cleric with ease) I would drop rejuv to 33 or so. Nice spec-heal anyhow (same as most clerics use) and way more allrounded. Aint gonna punch a hole in someone with 29 staff but you can atleast 'handle a pet'. Also good for atleast killing the odd mob in PvE to solo (arti's whatever)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Puppet said:
Well; support :p

As Jpeg pointed out, soloing aint gonna be much fun with that spec :D

Its up to you if u wanna make the class a pure support-toon or not. If u wanna solo atleast some stuff (29 staff is good support so you can actually kill pets on your cleric with ease) I would drop rejuv to 33 or so. Nice spec-heal anyhow (same as most clerics use) and way more allrounded. Aint gonna punch a hole in someone with 29 staff but you can atleast 'handle a pet'. Also good for atleast killing the odd mob in PvE to solo (arti's whatever)

for PvE I have my lovely necro =) ( Gevatter Tod -> means "The Reaper" in ger. ) =)

and for soloing I have my cool Druid =)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
25rej is plenty for a friar, with ToA bonuses etc. no they cant do what a merc or reaver can do but can replace pally as 3rd rezzer/bg and have more utility&dmg.

roovah

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
If you're bodyguarder you aint gonna dish out much melee-damage anyhow (u need to BG; not charge the enemy).

If you bg a target in your grp from an nmy tank, he will most likely be in melee range right? wich means, you will be able to hit him. This makes staffspecc perfect for a bger imo. Also you can go offensive if you know where you have the ppl in your grp.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
roovah said:
If you bg a target in your grp from an nmy tank, he will most likely be in melee range right? wich means, you will be able to hit him. This makes staffspecc perfect for a bger imo. Also you can go offensive if you know where you have the ppl in your grp.

Okay correction: Most BG's are perfectly aware they cant keep track of BG'ing multiple people; all screaming 'GET THIS TANK OFF ME' so instead they go grapple around the enemy tank(s) while BG'ing a caster.

Grapple = no melee'ing.

Not to mention the damage a 2H dude with 1300 WS dishes out on a enemy tank with some defenses is pretty poor. Battlemaster-styles dont depend on Staff-spec which makes less staff even more viable.

kilroy

Banned
knighthood said:
Lol that staff i bought for 850g so :p , and take me int the RvR grps, ive had 3 <Yes thats 3 seperate> 50 Friars and me current has ST and Red Resists +25%buff bonus ect..

And unless were on about a different staff i think it actually has +10%heals and +10%buffs not power pool. If were talking about DUSKWOOD STAFF OF THE BREEZE :)

Lol ! its not that staff... mines a RoG, unless DUSKWOOD STAFF OF THE BREEZE is also known as BLAZING THUNDERE WIND-WROUGHT SPIKE STAFF..

10% power pool
4% body
3 staff
3% cold
10% healing

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
ooh as for the above spec, trust me as a previous 44 rejuv friar it aint worth it unless u never intend to solo. The single spec heal with ToA stuff is around 700hp and 2secs cast time which is nice but the HoT really dispointed me in the end, maybe if they made it 6 pulses itd be ok, or made it work with Croc Ring lvl 10 effect. But nice to see someone trying new specsors

I agree t specced to rej with my friar, but the HoT was very disapointing it would of been better if they made it last longer e.g. 1 minute.

:m00:

roovah

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Okay correction: Most BG's are perfectly aware they cant keep track of BG'ing multiple people; all screaming 'GET THIS TANK OFF ME' so instead they go grapple around the enemy tank(s) while BG'ing a caster.

Grapple = no melee'ing.

Not to mention the damage a 2H dude with 1300 WS dishes out on a enemy tank with some defenses is pretty poor. Battlemaster-styles dont depend on Staff-spec which makes less staff even more viable.

dont forget,
Grapple = no healing aswell
personaly I have much more then 1300 WS.
even with endpots, bm styles drains alot of end even for a friar, and most grps dont run with both friar and pally :)
it will also depend on how good teamplay you have in the grp, also setups etc. maybe staff isnt THAT important to have very high in, but the thing is that its BETTER then rejuv. if rejuv never more then 25.
I dont know on what lvl u get it, but theres a snaring/slowing or whatever thats realy nice sometimes.

roovah

Fledgling Freddie
and in staff I dont talk about 44 staff, 39 is enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom