Latest euro wow client for dl

Kherny

Fledgling Freddie
Is the current euro client available for download on bittorrent, as with earlier versions?

Im looking to get it before the FB starts or at least get a little head start.

so, could anyone tell me what the latest client version is so I can go looking for it. thx.

Kherny

Fledgling Freddie
ha nice, seen this type of reply a lot, never been on the receiving end before... how strange :)

ok, ill check through the threads, so thanks for the suggestion but if I cant find the info Ill ask again and no doubt you'll still be here to point me in the right direction.

:)

edit : http://wowtorrents.de.vu/

if anyones lurking, and wanted the info also.

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
"And I don't know why
Why do we keep holding on
I don't know why
Pretending to be oh so strong
Oh why
Is there something no one told me
Or something very wrong with you and me
Or maybe

That's the way it is, there's nothing I can do
That's just the way it is"

Thats just the way it is im afraid :<

Kherny

Fledgling Freddie
Nugusta said:
"And I don't know why
Why do we keep holding on
I don't know why
Pretending to be oh so strong
Oh why
Is there something no one told me
Or something very wrong with you and me
Or maybe

That's the way it is, there's nothing I can do
That's just the way it is"

Thats just the way it is im afraid :<

hehe, thx, no idea what to say to that, I just hummed along.

Nightchill, thx for reply, altho I did see the ftp one and could access the folder, I was a little confused as what to do next except possibly download everything. ( I could be looking quite stupid here but thats life ).

Normally I would stick to the torrent link but it seems to be down at the minute, so I'll try the ftp link. I'm guessing you download everything there and then run the installer from the folder. I think I've become spoiled by bittorrent.

thx.

Lones555

Fledgling Freddie
Kherny said:
hehe, thx, no idea what to say to that, I just hummed along.

Nightchill, thx for reply, altho I did see the ftp one and could access the folder, I was a little confused as what to do next except possibly download everything. ( I could be looking quite stupid here but thats life ).

Normally I would stick to the torrent link but it seems to be down at the minute, so I'll try the ftp link. I'm guessing you download everything there and then run the installer from the folder. I think I've become spoiled by bittorrent.

thx.

http://www.wowtorrents.de.vu then select the EN tab and download the torrent link there. It will probably say "bad data from tracker" but trust me it works and after 15 mins it rocketed up to 380k/s speed (lovely blueyonder upgraded me to 4mb for free).

Kherny

Fledgling Freddie
Lones555 said:
http://www.wowtorrents.de.vu then select the EN tab and download the torrent link there. It will probably say "bad data from tracker" but trust me it works and after 15 mins it rocketed up to 380k/s speed (lovely blueyonder upgraded me to 4mb for free).

thx , thats exactly the message I saw and presumed it was no good , I did leave it for a little while , but i'll give it another shot , thx pal.

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
help with torrent??

ok i dont know most stuff about pc's but wot do i use 2 open a torrent file and wot is torrent???

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Torrent downloads often take a while to get going, as well as getting up to good speed.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Get a Torrent client, like Azerus, ABC, Bittornado etc. Then when you click a torrent link it will open the client you have installed and start downloading. Read up on ports to open etc to get good speed (if you have a firewall, which i hope you do),it should be documented on the sites of the respective clients.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Kherny said:

That's exactly it. Download the whole (2.8gig or so) thing. It'll be much, much faster than torrenting it (not sure why anyone would with the ftp still up). Once it's downloaded, run the installer.exe, simple as :)

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
The Nolby Pride guide site has a torrent link for the last full Closed Beta client. Apparently, according to them, this will be the same client used for Final Beta. IIRC It's post-localisation also.

(the link is in the links thread)

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
hmm, what's this bit torrent thing and why do you need?

i played the korean beta and dléd it from some link that told me how to create an account and play it. though i was wondering if i could just change the realmlist.wtf to eu. instead of kr. when final beta goes live, or that i have to dl it with this bit torrent thing?

anyone who can help me with this?

tia

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
BitTorrent is a distributed filesharing utility.

Unlike Kazaa and other p2p crap, the only thing that's shared is the data you are downloading *whilst* you are downloading it. Once the download is finished, you can either continue sharing the data you have downloaded (thus increasing everyone else's download rate) or you can close the download and you're done.

There's no service or TSR that runs, it's merely a tool for downloading on a per-torrent basis. You don't have to share any of your folders, in fact you can't - it doesn't work like that. It's centred around the data your are downloading for as long as you have that download open.

IMO get BitComet, it's even got links to Torrent sites built in :) However, it's a p2p type network, and thus carries a lot of illegal content (movies, games, music...) and a few of the major sites have gone down (eXeem is just around the corner though ;)).

In order for a basic torrent to download you'll need a Torrent utility and the torrent file (a type of ini-file that tells your Torrent utility what files are in the download, and where they are, error checking and other stuff).

To improve download rates, you need to open ports in your firewall (if you have one) so that you share data too ! The standard ports for BitTorrent is 6881 to 6999. The more ports you have open, the more Torrents you can down load at the same time with reasonable speed. I think the Blizzard downloader uses the WoW ports for the download ... it says in the tool anyway.

The Blizzard downloader is a Torrent utility with the Torrent ini-file built into it ... which sucls. It tries to share the Torrent using as much of your upstream bandwidth as possible = crap download rates. You need some upstream bandwidth to send back control messages whilst downloading. Saturating it with non-control data will severly limit your download. Blizzard are monkeys for doing that ... it's no wonder people complain about slow downloads in the official forum!!! :twak:

However, rumour has it that you can hack out the Torrent file from the Blizzard downloader with a resource editor .... haven't tried it myself, but if someone does - post the Torrent file here ?

---
BitTorrent uses a tracker (server) that handles IP address distribution for individual Torrent files. Without the tracker, no-one would know where to download the data from!!!

A Peer is a connected user that is downloading/uploading Torrent data.
A Seed is a connected peer that has a complete copy of the Torrent and still has their download open so that people can leech off of them ;)

The BitTorrent system is semi-intelligent in that it tries to avoid any one peer having rare data. If a peer exists with a rare piece of data, then this data becomes a priority for distribution. Full copies of a Torrent can exist among distributed peers, even if a seed is not present.

... any questions / corrections ?

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta love that ... although a little harsh. A dictionary doesn't tell you how to spell ...

Here, for what it's worth ... Torrent info - I posted this for someone else.

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
If you are confused by phonetics ... you'll never find Psychology in the "S" section ....

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Krunch-X said:
If you are confused by phonetics ... you'll never find Psychology in the "S" section ....

very helpful mate, but i was wondering if i had to download the euro wow client again or just use the one i dowloaded for the korean beta and change the realmlist.wtf?

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
You will have to download the euro client.

Even if you didn't you should, after all it is your job as a beta tester to test and report bugs found in the game. If you're using a modified client then any bugs you find and/or report is useless information and a waste of everyones time.

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
You can always try changing the realmlist and delteing the cache files, but if you don't download the EU client beforehand, you might be kicking yourself if the Korean client doesn't work properly .... especially if it doesn't patch.

And how was my off topic spelling information helpful ? :) (I already used up my quota of useful responses earlier in this thread)

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
Bullitt said:
You will have to download the euro client.

Even if you didn't you should, after all it is your job as a beta tester to test and report bugs found in the game. If you're using a modified client then any bugs you find and/or report is useless information and a waste of everyones time.

His job as a beta tester is to act like a potential customer and test the system. If no-one throws random variables into the system, then the testing is limited.

Yes, people will purchase retail versions of the game and use the keys that come with the client software to sign up - but there will be eBay accounts with mixed up clients coming into the fray. Blizzard is likely to have coded client version information into the reporting system so they can evaluate them.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Haha nice vague justification there, basically what i posted was said in a thread on the EU WoW boards...by a Blizzard rep.

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
And?

Blizzard also created a client downloader that swamps a customers upstream bandwidth and severly limits the speed at which they can download the game client.

One of the main reasons for providing specifications is to contain the support requirement. If Blizzard didn't apply these, then they would have to increase their online doucmentation and end-user support.

Again, if Blizzard have coded in version specific identifiers into their various game clients, then they can pick and choose which bugs they wish to address - which they will do anyway.

Kherny

Fledgling Freddie
Burst (trusty bt client) didnt like the bad data from tracker message and hung overnight, Azureus (much improved since last I used it) worked no problem and is currently at 50+ kb/s so if anyone has a problem like that switch BT client.

Edit: A little tip anyone might find useful is to switch the default ports the programmes use to new ones, I found this improved my speed a fair bit.

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Krunch-X said:
His job as a beta tester is to act like a potential customer and test the system. If no-one throws random variables into the system, then the testing is limited.

Yes, people will purchase retail versions of the game and use the keys that come with the client software to sign up - but there will be eBay accounts with mixed up clients coming into the fray. Blizzard is likely to have coded client version information into the reporting system so they can evaluate them.

The reason you have to download the localised version is because the patches are localised, and the patch server is derived from the realmlist.wtf file. So if you have a US client and a fudged realmlist.wtf to point to EU, your patching will more than likely fail or you will have a client/server mismatch at some point.

And its not testing by any means to "throw random variables" into the system. Remember, the account is localised, i.e. a US account key wont work on an EU client. Therefore to run a EU account, you need a EU localised client. Simple really.

I know its a pain, I had to DL the US and EU clients, which on torrent was annoying. But honestly, its a ~2.5G download. If Blizzard had attempted to distribute that without a torrent straight from their servers, I'd probably still be in the queue.

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
Kherny said:
A little tip anyone might find useful is to switch the default ports the programmes use to new ones, I found this improved my speed a fair bit.

Good call ... I recall reading some Torrent sides advising that due to ISPs throttling data through certain known ports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom