Updated Ingame maps for 1.71

Kallisti

Fledgling Freddie
Are you guys playing with 1.71 yet?

In 1.71 Mythic introduced ingame map displays for all zones using the /map command. The biggest problem with the maps is they provided only very basic information about the zones.

Well that is now remedied!

http://www.kallisti-daoc.com/maps.php has a complete set of the 117 surface zones updated using the mapping data I've been collecting over the last 2 years. This includes New Frontiers maps, ToA maps showing all artifact and ML locations, Classic zones and SI zones with mobs and towns labelled, housing zones with villages and their lot numbers PLUS the name of all the horse stables in each housing zone.

As a bonus, I've also included and optional set of realmwar maps that are more detailed and above all ACCURATE (the default realmwar maps were based on an earlier design of the frontier zones so in certain instances are somwehat inaccurate ;))

So head for http://www.kallisti-daoc.com/maps.php

While you are at it, check out my movies - Boys are Back in town was voted 2nd Runner up in the Las Vegas Fan Roundtable Movie competition lat weekend and My Neighbourhood was also well recieved :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
meh stop gloating ;)

only 1.69 here... NF soon, 1.71 a few months away I guess.

Maps look interesting though :)

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Nice one.

We're still on old style frontier for the next wee (still on 1.69) while but now got a new URL to add for some nice maps when we get updated :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmmmmmm. Wandering onto the Euro boards are we? Here be monsters.

Kallisti

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe I lurk here sometimes :) I may play on the US servers but I am in England - London to be exact...

In fact if any of you saw the Dirty War program on BBC1 last Sunday you will have seen where I live in the last few shots where the woman was on the bus driving past the barriers cordoning off the centre of London! They were filming scenes for it all over the summer at the weekends and I got to watch them filming a few times :) I love living on the edge of the City of London - wander around at the weekends and you are tripping over film crews!

Blegh didn't realise you weren't on NF yet... I hope you get the benefits of the patches that were applied after it was released so you don't have to go through the agonies we had. I was in the beta from the beginning and although we tested it a HUGE amount, there were major balance problems that were masked by the makup of the population on the test server.

I did a complete set of PDF maps for New Frontiers as well, but the Prima Guide people offered me money to use them so I had to take them off my site for 6 months (expires 25th December :)), so you can only get them by getting the Prime Guide to NF, which is a downloadable thing. However last I heard the owners of Prima (Random House publishing) were making them restrict it to only US purchasers, which I said was utterly stupid since there is a HUGE Euro Daoc community that would want it...

I HOPE they've cleared it up now so you guys can get it.

BTW I'm a He not a She.. for 2 years people seemed to think I was a She...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
It down :p
down.JPG

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
your URLs have the url portion as doac but the display bit as daoc :)

(mouse over them it's doac)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
<bows down to the wonderful mapmaker>

Seriously - I've been using your maps for ages now and they're great! I'd be about 10 plat worse off in con charges if I hadn't used them ;)

legeria

Fledgling Freddie
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Ghost

Fledgling Freddie
if u check carefully the adress the link is getting you too u will see a little typo that causes the "cannot find server" prob ;p

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
i normally wouldn't pay to dl some maps, but seems they're fairly good, and in uk, atm its £3.40 and tbh, thats nothing at all.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kallisti said:
Dammit my bad typing - and the edit time has expired on the original pages :(
Glad you gained so much benefit from the maps :)

mod powahs abused! :) fixed

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Only the sun will shine for free ;)

You can easily see that there is quite some work involved in making those maps so it's quite normal that he asks a little ammount to download them. But I won't comment on the part wether it's good to advertise this here or not...

Eroa

Banned
can someone dl them and ddc to me?

No way that im gonna pay for it

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Eroa said:
can someone dl them and ddc to me?

No way that im gonna pay for it

Lol what a troll. :twak: If someone as Kallisti here has worked so hard for them maps, the low compensation in money what he/she asks is quite minimal. So if you want them maps you must pay - or make them maps yourself!

Eroa

Banned
I have no problems with the amount of money that he ask for it, its a piss in the river tbh.

Its the way of paying I dont like nor trust.

Lendan

Fledgling Freddie
"To get these maps, I am asking for a $6 donation - there was a huge amount of work involved in preparing these and they are a significant improvement over the maps provided by Mythic.

I can accept payments using PayPal."

Although this may not be a huge amount, I object to these boards being used as free advertisement space.

Please hawk your wares elsewhere dear!

Lendan

Fledgling Freddie
You also need to get a dictionary and look up the word "donation".

There seems to be no way of downloading your in-game maps without "donating" beforehand.

:puke:

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Yep there aren't any ads on FH in general, so not these kinda ads either imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom