What happen on Albion

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
when i started there was a myth that albs where the strongest realm on the server i took like 4 months before we started to encounter albs and jeez louise they where strong and many. over the years to current state of the game ive been curious what happen to albion. Ive been running around in hw and odins some dont meet any fun solo duo albs etc anymore and pe is the only guildgrp i see running in emain.

I can understand how frusturating it must be to be an alb atm read on irc one time that 1 fg hadent passt amg for 3h sad really imo. So just curious if albs could brief me in alittle. not enough rvr guilds atm or ppl just bored going to emain and get farmed by "rvr grps" or ? whatever reason just would like to know :)

Lannovar

Fledgling Freddie
Luona said:
not enough rvr guilds atm or ppl just bored going to emain and get farmed by "rvr grps" or ? whatever reason just would like to know :)

A bit of both id say, plus general apathy towards the game :D

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm Jouz what did you do to lulu he is acting kinda weird?

<eyes Jouz>

Drink more

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
FL ran a grp last night:
Cleric
Cleric
Sorcerer
Cabalist
Mercenary
Mercenary
Paladin
Theurgist

I gained more rps than Ive done past halv year orso due to alb being in a very bad mood atm due to being underpowered in most aspects.

Even tho albion zerged quite a bit (zzzz boredom) We did well and I had a lot of fun and think my friends had aswell.

Chim

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
What fadeh said.

You come alb to rvr, you WILL have a hard time to put together a fg that can do very well, it takes ages to make that and many people can't be bothered and i do not blame them.

Also some went to other servers....maybe because they couldn't handle this or wanted to try something new or even because they wanted more enemies, who knows.But what i do know, albion isn't as crowded as it used to be for sure.

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
kewl to hear chimera hope you can maintain that grpa cause its kinda sad to see all you old dawgs just fade away from the rvr scene :)

Shadeyhodds

Fledgling Freddie
I think there are a few reasons why albs are so lacking in RvR atm.

First is getting farmed over and over again by the RvR guilds.
Second is not being able to leave the apk without getting insta wiped by enemy groups running past every couple of minutes.
Third lack of full time RvR guilds. Trying to get realm ranks as a new guild group is extremely difficult vs current RvR enemies . There just arent enuf random groups anymore to get xp against. Alot of the time albs have to build numbers just to get past the amg, and if we do kill mids or hibs there, they come back in greater numbers and kill us again.

We can run sucessful groups but when we get killed over and over by the same high RR group it does get a bit boring.

I cant even solo at lunch times anymore due to opted groups running around. 3- 4 months ago you could run in emain and have lots of 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 etc but im lucky if to make it to amg these days.

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
Shadeyhodds said:

Second is not being able to leave the apk without getting insta wiped by enemy groups running past every couple of minutes.
Third lack of full time RvR guilds. Trying to get realm ranks as a new guild group is extremely difficult vs current RvR enemies . There just arent enuf random groups anymore to get xp against. Alot of the time albs have to build numbers just to get past the amg, and if we do kill mids or hibs there, they come back in greater numbers and kill us again.

We can run sucessful groups but when we get killed over and over by the same high RR group it does get a bit boring.

I cant even solo at lunch times anymore due to opted groups running around. 3- 4 months ago you could run in emain and have lots of 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 etc but im lucky if to make it to amg these days.

I feel for Albion tbh.

I think RvR has just hit a bad time at the momnent, me always being a mid near enough on Pry since the begining I remember when the likes of Azal, Blejj etc where the top runners in RvR and Realm Raids. Then the introduction of DF brought around the whole once we got DF open we are off... Now its just people cant be arsed left right and center. Im sort of tempted to go play Alb/Excal or Hib/Excal, ive never played Alb and dont no the area's thoo so it would be a new intresting experience. Ive also thought of quiting Mid/Pry and going Hib/Pry. Ive got the time to put into it now its just can i be arsed to go 20-50 again. I would "not" be playing a stealther as much as it would work well for the times I play that are very late in the night usually 2am-5/6am sessions.

Thoo learning new Area's would be a good part of moving to a new Realm.

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Have to agree with U shadey! You just need to look at Duskwave and see the same old guild names raking in 300,000 to 400,000 rpts each week. A quick scan tells me that 20 of the top 25 rpts earners were mid and the other 5 were albs (not a poor hib in sight). No wonder people are avoiding RVR atm, its become far too elitist and driven by overpowered classes.

I personally look forward to NF!! It cant be any worse!

In the meantime I will continue to train the hordes of LOE ready to return to RVR with a vengeance!! Untill then I will continue to RVR (mostly solo) and be happy with my 4,000 rpts each week :D

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Shadeyhodds said:

Does take the piss a little these days. Log on around 11am, theres a group (a fairly balanced group at that) of rr4-10, quite often the upper end of the tier, running around farming the solo albs. Come mid afternoon when albs can possibly make a competetive group due to the classes needed there will be 2-3 mid groups around normally so just get added on. Log on in the evening and theres 3 rvr guilds out in opted groups.

Odins/HW is just dead so the only option really is run out and try and fight the opted groups or not even bother. Many dont bother, the people that keep trying over and over will get some rps but nothing compared to an opted group. FL run the odd group, PE do the same .. theyre the only competitive (truely competetive) alb groups at the moment and thats mainly down to experiance with playing together and RR. Shame theyre nowhere near as active as some of the mid guilds.

Ranked by Lastweek RP
Rank Name Realm Realm Points Last Week Characters
Active / Total Active
Members
1 Bad Omen Midgard 111,024,904 3,273,231 45 / 58 23
2 Ascending Dawn Hibernia 60,952,707 2,181,708 146 / 184 65
3 Public Enemies Albion 138,107,805 1,587,694 50 / 55 32
4 The Last Watch Albion 31,830,613 1,507,575 196 / 234 74
5 Bulle af Fetstryk Midgard 117,182,888 1,455,891 250 / 308 83
6 Maelstrom Midgard 89,130,429 1,424,709 57 / 73 30
7 Forgotten Legends Albion 55,231,415 1,235,772 94 / 110 57
8 Na Fianna Dragun Hibernia 35,205,779 1,156,048 196 / 235 83
9 Danish Huscarls Midgard 25,730,958 976,032 276 / 374 93
10 Misplaced Rage Hibernia 1,596,591 871,463 47 / 51 25
11 Savage Conclave Midgard 65,110,192 822,966 224 / 285 106
12 Golden Age Hibernia 19,115,338 735,975 37 / 56 20
13 Dark Llama Knights Albion 35,067,640 716,550 225 / 285 100
14 Klan Nidstang Midgard 45,049,621 687,574 169 / 213 67
15 Severance Hibernia 46,697,740 680,903 88 / 131 48
16 Eclipse Hibernia 86,957,193 676,029 64 / 83 26
17 Valour Midgard 29,488,501 619,670 176 / 210 53
18 Tuatha Dé Danann Hibernia 54,306,395 590,761 67 / 89 34
19 Suicide Squad Hibernia 17,175,149 587,768 52 / 63 24
20 Grimnur's Guard Midgard 16,133,868 553,915 44 / 62 20
Guild last week RPs. PE werent really active or they would have had alot more. Apart from that theres only 3 other alb guilds in the top 20. Ones FL, ones TLW, ones DLK. TLW (my guild) have been running a few groups as much as possible and have enough ppl around to nearly make 2 groups at times .. suffer mainly due to lack of experiance and lower RR. Was in a group yesterday around 5pm. PE had a mixed PE/FL group, was one other random alb group out. That was it .. we leave apk as a group get jumped from the side by a rr8 mid group. Ok fair enough wake up a little etc, report. Hit amg, said mid group again with another rr8 mid group adds + stealthers. Ok do it again .. get jumped again by a high rr grp = no chance. Next fight we get the jump but yet again get a fg+ adds along with stealthers (not even at a mg ><) = ppl log.

If we fought equal RR groups it would be good fights. As it is its a real challenge most of the time and one thats normally lost unfortunatly. Add to that the amount of times theres a passing mid group that adds, usually when were half way to amg too ... and ppl wonder why theres a lack of albs around killing things :( Not enough rvr guilds, not enough opted groups and far too many fking mids adding, along with little to no activity in other zones gives a lack of options in rvr for us atm.

Eroa

Banned
Quinlan said:
Hmm Jouz what did you do to lulu he is acting kinda weird?

<eyes Jouz>

Drink more

Might have something to do with him beeing so hungover that he tought he was about to die there for a little while.

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
TLW = PvE guild, albion has been turned up side down tbh if a PvE guild can get more than most :p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
alb is truely sucky atm, but hay if mids wanna zerg its their choice no-one can make them not go as they pay to play aswell.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
aye1.jpg

blejs

Loyal Freddie
rvr sucks to be middi often to atm, cause so few albs and hibbis.

Need to have those opted groups to wipe less opted groups to get rid of all ppl that are in emain, and if hibbis also would be in rvr more then it would be more dangerous for ppl to camp amg, since then they got get jumped in the back more. But now its often 5fg of middis roaming, and often adds cause of this. 50+middis is normal now, and on peek around 70-110.

Its hard for groups that aint opted and play with same ppl to compete with others, but also it seems that some albs specially PE have problems runnings with some random ppl. Middis have always what i can remember off have had alot of ppl in rvr, but need to have ppl that dont let others quit as easily, but for example now if i was a alb, i would go more right zw from apk (alb view)
And then run graveyard etc etc, and try avoid some where groups runs easily atm, and as hibbi it would be some to avoid amg-mmg zw and milegates, since also easier with adds there.

Since if its only 1fg hibbis for example u need to do gerilla tactic :)
But ppl whine when they get zerged at a milegate, like ffs stop zerging etc, we try to avoid add, but sometimes its hard, specially at a milegate.

Its often 3groups thats opted atleast of middis.
Albs PE and now maybe FL if they continue.
And hibbi got AD it seems, i hope to see TDD,Eclipse,NP.
And more alb opted groups to come.

Most be ppl that intressted to do more rvr and do better and better as a group against others, just need that person to take iniativ and motivate and make the shit happend ;)

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
There is not much point atm. Only went emain once tonight after hearing 90+ Mids and 2fg in Breifine. Leave it with ya, fight yourselves or get eoy exp on Hillocks.

Got zerged twice last night by Alb CounterMidzerg BG including some RR9's when we made tank group. Only came back cos we killed 20 first time, 2nd time got mullered by 897 assisting goldfish.

We'll port Odin's and jump you before Nott or Jamt border or so while you afk. ;)

Drop 75 Mids from emain, might come then. :x

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
problem is i feel with most hibs is the current information.

we sit and decide hey lets go rvr. ask over alliance "status of emain,odins,hadrians" we get back emain zerged by mids pe are about, mael and bo camping bolg.

us below rr8 peeps go well lets not bother because unfortunatly you opted group sort of ruin rvr for the rest of us we cant compete i mean every odd night i make say 1k rps if im lucky maybe less. Its just not fun to run into a mid opted group and stand around doing nothing as the three healers spam lulaby your group into obscurity.

Or albions sorcerer assist train mezz nuke nuke nuke all dead.

I mean after you have been jumped the 30th time leaving bolg from the side when your lower realm ranks you dont have purge your lucky if you got your artifacts leveled and mls. Then frankly its a case of why bother .

I just rvr later at night when less opted groups and its more pick up and fun where we get some kills mid gets some kills and alb gets some kills and eveyrone comes back because its fun.

To be steamrollered after spending 5 minutes running into emain isnt fun. And im talking of the low rr majority the people who arnt opted the greatest spec for groups. And if the reply is get a buff bot or roll an opted char i dont play dark age to play on rails if i wanted to do that i would log on to counterstrike.

Well my points, what ever happened to the noob savages who would stand in my shroom stack and beat up mushrooms instead of beating up me.

O well looks like ill have to stick to killing buff bots in darkness falls.

Ps i notice noone ever leaves there bb at the middle steps now :D

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Prydwen is pointless and will get worse after NF

Only way to have fun in rvr is if you can get in a good guild group.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
blejs said:
rvr sucks to be middi often to atm, cause so few albs and hibbis.

Need to have those opted groups to wipe less opted groups to get rid of all ppl that are in emain, and if hibbis also would be in rvr more then it would be more dangerous for ppl to camp amg, since then they got get jumped in the back more. But now its often 5fg of middis roaming, and often adds cause of this. 50+middis is normal now, and on peek around 70-110.

Its hard for groups that aint opted and play with same ppl to compete with others, but also it seems that some albs specially PE have problems runnings with some random ppl. Middis have always what i can remember off have had alot of ppl in rvr, but need to have ppl that dont let others quit as easily, but for example now if i was a alb, i would go more right zw from apk (alb view)
And then run graveyard etc etc, and try avoid some where groups runs easily atm, and as hibbi it would be some to avoid amg-mmg zw and milegates, since also easier with adds there.

Since if its only 1fg hibbis for example u need to do gerilla tactic :)
But ppl whine when they get zerged at a milegate, like ffs stop zerging etc, we try to avoid add, but sometimes its hard, specially at a milegate.

Its often 3groups thats opted atleast of middis.
Albs PE and now maybe FL if they continue.
And hibbi got AD it seems, i hope to see TDD,Eclipse,NP.
And more alb opted groups to come.

Most be ppl that intressted to do more rvr and do better and better as a group against others, just need that person to take iniativ and motivate and make the shit happend ;)

We been out with a gg today, you steam rolled us after 1 fight at amg and other i froze for 10s during it :/ after we got 2 casters heh oh well.Quite a lot of hibs and mids out tonight in odins, was good fun.Though i noticed hibs seem to be same situation as albs, not many rvr guilds.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Belgorian said:
Have to agree with U shadey! You just need to look at Duskwave and see the same old guild names raking in 300,000 to 400,000 rpts each week. A quick scan tells me that 20 of the top 25 rpts earners were mid and the other 5 were albs (not a poor hib in sight).

QUOTE]

I c hibs there :/

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
Luona said:
when i started there was a myth that albs where the strongest realm on the server i took like 4 months before we started to encounter albs and jeez louise they where strong and many. over the years to current state of the game ive been curious what happen to albion. Ive been running around in hw and odins some dont meet any fun solo duo albs etc anymore and pe is the only guildgrp i see running in emain.

I can understand how frusturating it must be to be an alb atm read on irc one time that 1 fg hadent passt amg for 3h sad really imo. So just curious if albs could brief me in alittle. not enough rvr guilds atm or ppl just bored going to emain and get farmed by "rvr grps" or ? whatever reason just would like to know :)

We try to run as fg as often as possible and we just cant compete. We certainly cant beat the Strong RvR guilds fully toaed and ml'ed we get steam rolled. If we do meet just one fg we tend to face adds and we not strong enough to cope with that. Its very rare to meet a fg now for whatever reasons.

If a couple of guildies arent on we have to run with pickups which isnt always great and its really quite hard to get now. No real whine here but it is really sad to see so few albs in RvR and i can understand why. I think its reallya shame for all realms and im hoping it is something NF fixes. But unless ur a high Realm rank Alb RvR guild you have no chance atm so most leave pryd, pve, or jsut stop playing.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't give up on NF everyone. Dont know exact details of what it's bringing along, but the good thing is as with all expansions, it's something new and for a while at least, more people will be showing up in RvR to check it out.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
just givf albs in rvr zones ffs, stop being pussys and zerg the shite outa em tbh. 10fg of albs zerging emain will swiftly extinguish the mid zergs.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Albs don't like to co-operate.
Mids don't have a problem with it, the only realm on the server who hold a regular emain cg.
Hibs 'need' to zerg because it take an hour to run to emain and they do lots of PvE and stuff on the way up.

Very rarely will you see co-ordinated rvr in Albion, most groups want to work alone. A side-effect is most of these groups get zerged and quit rvr'ing.

Then there's the regular whine of ALb rvr groups being the hardest to form, making more trouble for people who want to run opted groups.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Most of the mid zergs are made up of unopted groups, these usualy die out quick because they are easy pickings for a decent group, the problem is theres a lack of opted groups RvRing in hib/alb.

I can see the problem for albs forming good gank groups because of watered down classes, and I can see the same problem for hib but because of a difirent reason which is lack of players.

But should hib and alb manage to get their gank groups out, the mid zerg will very quickly get wiped a few times and log or go back to PvE.

Trust me, its a misconception that Mids are organised, Mids think that about Albs when Albs succesfully defend/take a keep from mids. Its difirent names but mainly the same type of players in all the realms. Things are just as chaotic in mid, except Belorfyn seems to be able to control them for some events :D

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
It's also hard for a "random" alb to get groups at this moment, only groups I see leaving APK are usually PE/FL and sometimes a few TLW.
You used to be able to /s Cleric lfg, and you would have like 10 group invites seems now I sometimes wait even hours on APK while only guild groups leave with no random group in sight.
Though I am glad not all "random" albs gave up, usually end up grouping with Erodafira who does best to make a group which is at the moment one of the few random groups running around and we do quiet well sometimes atleast if we manage to dogde the mid zerg or manage to get as far as AMG.

And when waiting on APK trying to get a few more people you normally see mid group nr1 pass, 2 min later mid group nr2 etc.
Really depressing also if you have been gathering members for over 2 hours and insta die when you leave APK as 3 fg are basically patrolling the area between amg - apk, people log, complain and thats whats makes the "I can't be arsed to RvR anymore" attitude most albs have these days.
Seems alot of albs are getting ready for NF though I guess as a random /who shows so many people in AC and ToA area's.

Though its not all that bad if we manage to get an equal number of players as the mids in a fight (had some great AMG fights a few days back) but usually we just bump into the zerg on our way to AMG or at AMG.
For us as a basically random group we have a hard time beating 1fg with all the stealther adds so 3fg+ is near to impossible even when most of those mids are RR6-7+ who seem to have a well balanced group while we most of the times have to run with 1 cleric and people who are lfg at apk (not many people I can tell you) so our group is far from what you can call FotM.
I hope NF changes the RvR scene for the better as at this moment it not fun for us and I cant think its fun for the mids getting 1 rp per kill as you zerg 1fg with 3fg+.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think there is such thing as a realmwide Emain chatgroup anymore but I could be wrong of course.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Succi said:
no chance , not enough to kill + others rvr groups just log after dying 5/6 times in a row

never done that towards you when i played atleast.
And sometimes it might be needed to roll a diffrent setup or try diffrent thing to compete to the max, this doesnt mean a group give up tho.

Always nice with challenges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom