Solstice event

Nate

FH is my second home
Anyone noticed the new npc's that have arrived in SI? At night they fight shadows and a merchant(has some interesting stuff) near the portal stone buys ruby's that the shadows drop apparently, so far I haven't been able to get any at all..anyone figured out how you do it?

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
hand a crafted toysword to one of the little boy npc´s (i also handed crafted doll to girl npc , but not sure its needed) , wait for night and kill a shadow , then youll receive a cloak with a /use that ports you into an instance where the mobs drop glimmer of hope (currency used at the npc).

i tried to farm cloaks by handing another sword to npc after i received one cloak but it didnt seem to work , have to use cloak and loose it before you can get next it seems.

worth noting that port only works if your in catacomb client.

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
give doll and sword to boy and girl . get a cloak , wear it and use it to get ported to a insta dung , do NOT move up before u are buffed etc, mobs seems to come in small waves , they spawn out of a crystal behind a statue ...

futher inside u find a pile of wood, seems to be a campfire that SEEMS to have no use ;)

futher inside there is a boss ... attack him , and all hell breakes loose ;)

so step carefully :)

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
armor has aerus skin btw, if anyone wondered (well for cloth, havent seen it for other kinds) and the plate hauberk icon is the same as the arm slot icon :<

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Bigbrother said:
no failed , we was just 2 :)

BUT farmed 300 "seals"
300? nice :) we failed too, do u know how to stop those things coming (where that statue is) and where that wood is for?

Nate

FH is my second home
you can buy a torch from the merchant, maybe thats something to do with the wood as you can equip the torch

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
you can buy a torch from the merchant, maybe thats something to do with the wood as you can equip the torch

the stuff from page 1 on merchant seems to be pure roleplaying stuff ... then again , i could be wrong

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
to bad you need to run cata to do the quest , can hardly stand still and wait for night time in aegirhamn without lding when using it.

would be nice if goa made quests doable in TOA client also untill i cant log into game in it anymore :)

Nate

FH is my second home
We fought the boss mob for a while with a 7 man group.

(This is without figuring out what to do with the wood, failed to grab the statue after picking it up a few times)

When you pull him he summons 3 mobs of the ones you kill to get there, and continuously does so throughout his encounter, he is immune to all magic(just permanantly resisted) he takes melee damage but not much we got him to 94% after 7mins with 2 tanks, he casts a aoe stun in his area with no spell effect, no immunity, and about 10sec duration (icon looks like SoM icon)

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
well i got a whole set of that armor now and anyone knows what that 'secondary magical ability' is(i tryed to /use my chestpiece when i had the set on and it says i need to use it in another way)? when i put on the last piece of the armor i get a buff for 1 sec: 'Smith Enchantment' what does it do?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Another stupid GOA event it seems that is typically obscure and exludes most people.

Whats the point of an encounter only doable with a perfect pve farming group thats going to exlude the majority of classes, is impossible to do alone and is utterly frustrating? Don't they ever stop half way through making it and wonder for a moment if its a good idea to carry on with such nonsense or wether they should rethink it?

I'd of thought given 4 years to perfect these quests they might of learnt a few things, sadly not, they still make the same mistakes over and over.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
Another stupid GOA event it seems that is typically obscure and exludes most people.

Whats the point of an encounter only doable with a perfect pve farming group thats going to exlude the majority of classes, is impossible to do alone and is utterly frustrating? Don't they ever stop half way through making it and wonder for a moment if its a good idea to carry on with such nonsense or wether they should rethink it?

I'd of thought given 4 years to perfect these quests they might of learnt a few things, sadly not, they still make the same mistakes over and over.
well the glimmers are perfectly farmable solo... but thats it :/

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
ErivShadow said:
Maybe it's hard to read for some of the none german speaking folks of you (I know here are many of you) but you can give it a try :

http://de.daocpedia.eu/index.php/Angriff_der_Nachtschatten
translated it with babelfish quite readable :)

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babe...cpedia.eu/index.php/Angriff_der_Nachtschatten

hmm this is interesting
Further one finds in the instance wood trunks: If one ignites these wood trunks (/use) and in the fire places itself, the shade runs away, the fire holds only few minutes the second and possibility which can be recommended of using the wood trunks is a player with high strength (Half-ogre, Firbolg or Troll) the wood trunks takes and on the statue pull to let (with right-click). This pushes itself then over the Nexus and locks it.
If one is not suitable for it, (all races except specified the above), one gets the following message:

After the arrangement of the trunks on the floor Charname spends itself when rolling the statue on the wood in useless efforts. Unfortunately Charname is too weak, in order to seize the article correctly.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
mithril coin 216 glimmers

is this real?
1000 plat for 216 glimmers?

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm it does seem a bit on the hard side :(

I've been in there solo, duo, trio, & in groups of 4, 5, 6, & 7 L50s, & we basically always get swamped, even standing in the entrance alcoves. 7 Glimmers for about 10 attempts isn't very encouraging :p

I guess it's probably pretty easy for a high-RR super-opted group, but it does seem to be a bit over the top for your average semi-temped low-RR PvE group. Or is there some trick?

It would be nice (& fun!) if GoA would lower the mob level a bit to make it a bit more doable for the people who would actually be interested in doing it. I doubt it's really very interesting for the super-opted high-RR crowd it seems designed for.

Nate

FH is my second home
read the thread if you wanna know how to do it ;o most has been covered

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
read the thread if you wanna know how to do it ;o most has been covered

Yeah I did.
& the links.
Doesn't seem doable to me unless I'm missing something.
But then I'm not super-opted RR10+ ML10 CL5 fully temped & ubah-skilled.

Bluejawa

Fledgling Freddie
tried with servant+bot and its np, tho dmg shield dossnt work on the shadows

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Did it with sm supp warrior shammy, all max rr3, managed to farm around 600 "seals" but didn't managed to kill the boss. All armors are aerus skin quite nice :)

To farm the stuff a duo or trio is more than enough, and nothing fancy needed.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
I guess it's just BDs & support classes who can't even do the farming then =/

Definately not doable for me & my friends in any of our available character combinations.

Shame really cos we'd really like to do it but way way way too hard :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom