FH to adapt - time for an Avalon section?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
What the title says - time to start an avalon server section, in same vein as cluster?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Id vote against it, you got VNboards, get a section there and stop stealing the population of the euro servers, some of us like it here and would prefer the playerbase left alone, its bad enough as it is.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i agree with old.whoodo if you play US fuck off and use their boards

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Id vote against it, you got VNboards, get a section there and stop stealing the population of the euro servers, some of us like it here and would prefer the playerbase left alone, its bad enough as it is.

There is a reason I still read FH instead of VN. That is simpley cause VN board is so full of s**t.

VN is laggy.

FH got active mods and doesn't take 2-3min to just change page.

Not our fault that people moves US? rather people like you with that attetude.... :(

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Phoebee-v- said:
There is a reason I still read FH instead of VN. That is simpley cause VN board is so full of s**t.

VN is laggy.

FH got active mods and doesn't take 2-3min to just change page.

Not our fault that people moves US? rather people like you with that attetude.... :(
My attitude, bah, everyone here moans about the poor populations (you included) then sods off to the states worsening the problem, I just stand up for what I beleive rather than deserting the sinking ship.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Old.Whoodoo for president. I had that exact same discussion to someone in my /as who logged in to say BB all miss you all going to US etc why dont you all come with me

Followed by a few peeps saying fuck off then stop poaching. Bye

Everz

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
My attitude, bah, everyone here moans about the poor populations (you included) then sods off to the states worsening the problem, I just stand up for what I beleive rather than deserting the sinking ship.
you dont understand, why play on the boring sinking ship when you can move to somewhere where there is action ?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
He isn't stopping you from buggering off to some other server. The Avalon crowd doesn't need to exacerbate the situation on Excal/Prydwen by sticking around here and bitching about it. They've already shown a lack of backbone by fleeing.

They made their choice and can use they Avalon/IGN boards. If you don't like them, tough. You made your choice, and shouldn't expect to be thanked for it here. It's bad enough people are fleeing with their tails between their legs yelling doooom! It isn't helping, just as a Classic board didn't help (It just gobbled up a bunch of players and it's dead now), and just as an Avalon board isn't helping.

So, I vote a very firm no. Maybe you think I'm being harsh, but I like the cluster and want it to stick around longer. All these 'Leaving for Avalon!' threads are just pathetic. :/

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else get the feeling that the people going 'wow, levelling groups on US' won't group once they have a 50 to generate money to twink their alts, just like they didn't on EU.

Darzil

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
different servers same ppl/attitude so your prolly right Darzil

Everz

FH is my second home
US peoples attidude is way different to that of EU..

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yeah but you lot moving over are still the same thats the point

slash

Banned
What we need is some love to the english speaking cluster and classic.
Something like delete a char and put the rp on another toon. OR barrels for english speaking servers only :)

TBH anything that would help us

clustering more servers together wouldnt be bad either, exept if it was the froggers.

uron

Loyal Freddie
dont c y a small single section can hurt, but the whine is strong against it already!
QQ cluster is dieing, accept it tbh.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
Anyone else get the feeling that the people going 'wow, levelling groups on US' won't group once they have a 50 to generate money to twink their alts, just like they didn't on EU.

Darzil

You cant really generate cash that quickly on US classic atleast. Head to ME and you can pick up a full set of DS armour for 1 plat.. cloth gloves cost me 50g. Rings etc are around 500g-1plat.

With double xp leveling is quick enough to keep you from getting bored now And with the mix of Cats quests, TD's and double xp spots plus free levels you dont really feel the grind anymore. Plus the battle grounds are busy enough to give you a nice little breaks from leveling.

The real difference is the way they play on US. On EU Classic it was get from 1-50 as quickly and as you can grind DS endlessly or try to buy bits for 8 plat plus from ME then PvP. US it seems alot more casual, RvR in epic lots of little mini scermish groups running around and people are happy to group with complete strangers etc.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
they already have boards... just not on FH.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

did you even read the reasons I stated?

Was active on both camlann and glastbury when it had under 200 people primetime. I didn't leave it early and I would gladly come back if there was any raeson to do so. The topic is about if it would be nice with avalon/us classic forum parts, and I think it would as some(far from all) EU players is active there now.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
Such bitter words after easygarder gets owned! :fluffle:

I thought it was overrated when we farmed you and I still do :)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah lets make forums for every fotm server people roll on. Look at how much good it did Glastonbury!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
You need to look at the reasons why people move to the US servers or Avalon.

Mainly its because rvr on cluster is mainly 8 vs 8 elitist stuff(cant deny it), the pve is about powerleveling your alt as fast as possible then buying everything for 8 plat upwards from the me.

Whereas the image i get from the us servers its a lot more friendly, they are more people grouping at lower levels (something I missed enourmously when wow came out and people left. I still say powerlevelling killed the game, no new players meant the same people just rolling different characters till they get bored and leave. I can name lots of people with more than 5 level 50 alts. So you have an aging population with little or no new blood coming in, due to GOA not advertsing enough and the selfish and elitist attitude of some players. These olders one get bored and want a fresh challenge, somewhere where they can start afresh like they did all those years ago).Everything is cheaper on mes due to more pvers

And the rvr scene seems busy, like it was meant to be before 8 vs 8 became the normality.

Just got to accept, cluster is dying. It may get better, but as the game gets older people are bound to get bored of the same old enemies at the same time in the same areas. I guess thats why people mvoed to the us, new challenges, new people. Hell, maybe even a new playstyle. Who knows for sure. I know I wont go back to cluster. Its just the same old enemies(except on alts) I might try Us, but that is only because i have guildies over there and I would fancy trying out a new challenge.

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Since so many people seem to post about it I don't understand why a small section for people playing on the US can't have thier own place to chat.

After all, it would tidy up the European side and leave that alone to chat about European things instead of the "hot-topic" of the month on euro boards. FH members and posters are not necessarily a Euro daoc community anymore, I believe it has become a community in its own right, folk just want to keep that cohesion. :m00: :flame:

Anyway I've just had a :drink: so things are in perspective and I feel rather chilled.:drink:

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Esoteric said:
Since so many people seem to post about it I don't understand why a small section for people playing on the US can't have thier own place to chat.

After all, it would tidy up the European side and leave that alone to chat about European things instead of the "hot-topic" of the month on euro boards. FH members and posters are not necessarily a Euro daoc community anymore, I believe it has become a community in its own right, folk just want to keep that cohesion. :m00: :flame:

Anyway I've just had a :drink: so things are in perspective and I feel rather chilled.:drink:

Yeah but the point is FH is for euro players so if you not playing euro then why post here?

The US have boards already. I dont see why ppl want to post here anyway when playing US due to raids etc are about excal/pryd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom