New Frontiers for Euro

Do you want Frontiers with 1.70 or rather wait and get all the fixes with it

• I want Frontiers and I want it Now!

Votes: 177 40.7%
  • I want the Americans to find all the bugs first please.

Votes: 258 59.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Maybe a poll by a nice mod ?

GOA announced in the firday (well monday) news that they are considering not patching to 1.70 and waiting possibly until 1.71 so some of the bugs found in new frontiers get ironed out.

Im just curious - would people rather the euro servers were patched to 1.70 as soon as possible, or wait for 1.71 to hit the US then the normal few weeks translation.

Personaly... id rather see 1.70 ASAP on euro, may drag me back from CoH and into DAOC again

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
A few more weeks on an already endlessly taking effort, i don't see the problem, we already have to wait, why not wait some more...
For this instance i agree with GOA, getting used to playstyles in 1.70 to having them being changed in the first upcoming patch is like ><

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I dunno. I'd rather go with 1.70 + hotfixes integrated than wait for 1.71

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
1.71 imo. The yanks doing the betatesting might be the biggest plus about playing on Goa servers.

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
well..

...if it's owt like the TOA launch in the states I'd settle for 1.71, methinks.

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
I vote for the 1.71. better to wait a few more weeks and get the better product then to get a buggy version

Tilda

I'd rather have 1.71 if we get the buggy 1.70 then we have to wait even londer for fixes, i'd rather just wait till 1.71.

Tilda

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
1.80 tbh. Not looking forward to it at all.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
Rather wait for all the nerfs in 1.71
And, hopefully, the fix that will be inevitable after they see 1.70 turn back into the bad old days of Dark Age of Castalot and tanks quitting in droves due to the excessive determination nerf ... :rolleyes:

Cyfr

Banned
Most of the stuff has already been done, it's been on pend for bloody ages now...

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
I can't help feeling the decision to wait until 1.71 is merely because there is a lot of work to do in 1.70 and waiting buys extra time to do it, since most likely 1.71 will be zero new content but only bug fixes. The combined delay buys more time to take it easy in the patching process.

My gut feeling is to take 1.70 warts and all but there may be issues I'm unaware of, of course.

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
it all depends how many bugs are revealed after the release, and how much those bugs affect balance/gameplay, if the bugs that will be revealed aren't to much to whine about i happily get NF ASAP instead of waiting 2 more months (since we all know how slow GOA are with patching, EVEN if it only include bug fixes and no content)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Any serious problems will be either hotfixed or patched as 1.70B, 1.70C etc.

Considering it'll take GOA probably 4 months, I'd prefer them to start now instead of waiting another month (or more) for 1.71.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Although I voted for "I want the Americans to find all the bugs first please.", I thought the first choice would get more voice. It seems whinner are just too much vocals here :)

B

Ballad

No 1.70 at all! The way Mythic treats the PvP servers is just ridiculous. Bonedancer improvements? :puke: Ability to purge every 5 mins? :puke:
It'll be a hell on earth.

Hope WoW launches before 1.70 / 1.71 gets here. :(

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
IMHO Goa should start translating NF yesterday so there is a chance we get it before X-mas.................

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Damon_D said:
IMHO Goa should start translating NF yesterday so there is a chance we get it before X-mas.................

they start translating when Mythic send them the files to translate ...

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
depends a lot on how bad the bugs that get fixed in 1.71 for me really
if it turns out to be as bad as 1.66 then definitly wait for it
if its nothing major then 1.70 first
(remember goa only puts effort into patching when a major expansion is involved so getting 1.71 with it may not be a bad thing as it would speed it up)

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
I rather wait for fixed version.
There will be loads and loads of fixes when it goes live in US (like with all major patches/expansions) so better have it fixed.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If you want to wait for 1.71 then be prepared to wait the extra 6 weeks+ that it usually takes GOA just to translate small patches. By my reckoning that makes 1.71 arrive for EU sometime in September at the earliest. Bloody long time to wait for a patch tbh but I don't play anymore so what do I care? :D

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
If you want to wait for 1.71 then be prepared to wait the extra 6 weeks+ that it usually takes GOA just to translate small patches. By my reckoning that makes 1.71 arrive for EU sometime in September at the earliest. Bloody long time to wait for a patch tbh but I don't play anymore so what do I care? :D

you serious? :p i doubt we'll see NF in euro until early next year (look at all the other expansions (took us aprox 6months after US got foundations until we got)

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
servers crashing repeatedly = not fun.

wait til it's stable.

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
We will never be on the same patch version as US, for political reasons (Why else has 1.69 taken so long?). Other than a glitch last year when GoA had hacking issues, it is not often that we get more than 1 patch behind.

So do we wait for the US to get 1.71, and then have 1.70 translated for us, or wait for the US to get 1.72, and get 1.71 shortly after.

Personally I think we would be better to wait for 1.71, since there are balance issues with 1.70, that cannot be resolved with minor fixes, and need another full patch release to fix. I think (or hope) that 1.71 will be much more balanced than 1.70, and I don't think the extra wait will be too long, since I can't see 1.71 or 1.72 being large patches.

As said before, the one advantage of playing the Eu servers is that the US get to beta for us, after the alpha on Pend ;)

Would would be useful is if we could get a test server more like Pend, so that we can char copy across and try various specs etc, I always feel we get the shortstraw not having anywhere to test specs before burning preciousssss respecs :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it depends on whether it's like ToA:

ToA had 1.66 as release, getting to about 1.66I live version with all the fixes.

Then they had 1.67 - another toa bugfix version.

SI however was just 1.56, 1.57 was the introduction of Gaheris and Co-op ruleset... with a couple of minor bugfixes. I.e. back to normal.

If 1.70G (live) or whatever ends up being the last NF bugfix and 1.71 is "back to normal" or whatever and a load of class fixes/balances then I'd rather see us get 1.70G :)

if however it's going on for a month of 1.70 mini patches with a 1.71 bugfix version then I'd rather go with 1.71

Cyfr

Banned
There dosnt seem to be that many bugs, apart from LOS seems to be a bit screwy (or certain scouts are abusing some exploit that already exists) and somehow shoot through walls.. however as a caster ive never been able to do that and all seems well.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Shooting through walls is a feature, and not an exploit. Or so GoA told me once (isn't there a RA that allows you to shoot through walls?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom