Soloers Needs A Place To Solo. Part two.

What do we do about this solo thingy?

• IMA GIMP.. I eat soloers with my Friends, KILL them all!!

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • Poor guys, leave them be.. let them play the game the way they like.

Votes: 120 63.8%
  • Umm... what was the question again? ".."

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sorin

Banned
This will make it all alot easier.. it prolly won't fix my problems, but its all about point of views.

SHOT!

Magicthise

Fledgling Freddie
I play solo for the most part, and zergs and grp's have been solo killing since the week the game was launched. Some things never change, it's just part of the game :)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
What to do:

Move away from the bridges!

I know some people do, but far to many soloers stand around their bridge.
These are also people i know are looking for some fights and wont add on me if i fight someone else.
Unfortunately, there are often too many people that hang around the bridges and i usually don't like to go too close.
When i go to Emain on my zerker, i often stand up at the tower where i can see the bridge.
I stand there, kinda hiding behind the hill, and hope one of those looking for a good fight will see me and come up before those that just want easy RPs see me.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Zoia said:
What to do:

Move away from the bridges!

I know some people do, but far to many soloers stand around their bridge.
These are also people i know are looking for some fights and wont add on me if i fight someone else.
Unfortunately, there are often too many people that hang around the bridges and i usually don't like to go too close.
When i go to Emain on my zerker, i often stand up at the tower where i can see the bridge.
I stand there, kinda hiding behind the hill, and hope one of those looking for a good fight will see me and come up before those that just want easy RPs see me.

And then there's the wierd random groups that will chase solo'ers through entire zones?

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I solo sometimes and I kill soloers when I encounter them.. what's the big deal?

Magicthise said:
I play solo for the most part, and zergs and grp's have been solo killing since the week the game was launched. Some things never change, it's just part of the game :)

Truth! Stop being sissies and accept it please.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
a) please god don't create a poll.. this will now get perma bumped from people voting on your pointless options that don't actually mean anything.

b) If you want to create a solo zone try it. What you actually seem to want to do is whine about getting zerged once, since after the first sentance of all your threads, you've talked about nothing more.

c) You can whine WITHOUT a poll, really you can!

Sorin

Banned
Golena said:
a) please god don't create a poll.. this will now get perma bumped from people voting on your pointless options that don't actually mean anything.

b) If you want to create a solo zone try it. What you actually seem to want to do is whine about getting zerged once, since after the first sentance of all your threads, you've talked about nothing more.

c) You can whine WITHOUT a poll, really you can!

This is a public forum.. if i wanna make a poll, i make a poll
no matter how stupid it is.--

--who said anything about being zerged once?
as far as i can remember i've been zerged the last 4 years

And.. if you wanna flame me go somewhere else to do it, prick.

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
i suggest DoA on the xbox360 live plenty solo action there..........

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Solari said:
And then there's the wierd random groups that will chase solo'ers through entire zones?
Yea, and your point is...?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Punj said:
i suggest DoA on the xbox360 live plenty solo action there..........
I BET YOU HAVE A BIG WILLY INNIT!!!

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
I BET YOU HAVE A BIG WILLY INNIT!!!

my point being the game isn't designed for solo 1 vs 1 play especially not for an armsman so why cry about it all the time?

realm vs realm should mean just that:twak:

and to answer your question my willy is twice as long as it is from the middle to the end.......

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
well i dont mind the odd add myself, get more RPs then (unless its a useless moclolacaster) its the idiotic "must fuck other people over for RPs" attitude of some people in this game that pisses me off. No way of changing the way people play so have to roll with it, if you solo expect newbs to ruin it, its all part of what solo is. The good fights vs decent players more than make up for it though :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
stellaartois said:
always thought MMORPG where meant so u didn't have to play solo....
:drink:
no it means massive muliplayer online roll playing game, says nothing about zerging or adding, it just means you inhabit a game world with other players, dont have to hate them or screw them over because they decided to pick a different icon at the start.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
anyway this subject has been dragged out of its box so many times its getting rather worn, playing solo needs luck and patiance, get used to being zerged by lesser players or quit/join them.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Yay! Write 4th message aswell!

That solo area is bad idea. In my opinion if you want 1vs1 fights go /duel challenge - some of your realmmates. None cant add duels. :)

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
it's all about there important number counter going up the way as fast as they can get it to go,they'll tell you it's about "fun" and having "good fights" but tbh they just wanna see those numbers go up and get closer to that soloers title.:eek7:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Punj said:
it's all about there important number counter going up the way as fast as they can get it to go,they'll tell you it's about "fun" and having "good fights" but tbh they just wanna see those numbers go up and get closer to that soloers title.:eek7:
well i for one (and i know many more people who do the same) dont even attack low RR players, or if i do then i will pull off at 10%. if you think soloing makes good RPs as a heavy tank then you are wrong :) if i wanted good RPs i would play a caster and join the zerg.

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
would it make you solo people happy if they added porting back only this time it ported you to an instance laid out much like a task dungeon to fight solo without buffs against an enemy realm member?

it could even have different tiers for RR's? say maybe +/- 3 realm ranks?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Punj said:
would it make you solo people happy if they added porting back only this time it ported you to an instance laid out much like a task dungeon to fight solo without buffs against an enemy realm member?

not for me no, part of the excitement of soloing is never knowing what you will meet, this is why for me the solo zone idea didnt work, fighting the same people all the time got pretty boring. if you didnt have buff bots vamps, wardens, friars and heretics would be gods, as it is now its usually pretty fair (ofc some classes are still stronger than others)

Its good the way it is, i just wish more people would come out to solo.

in saying that i still say 2s and 3s should attack me too. win or lose they are a blast :)
usually try to emote them into it, not all understand though :/

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
not for me no, part of the excitement of soloing is never knowing what you will meet, this is why for me the solo zone idea didnt work, fighting the same people all the time got pretty boring. if you didnt have buff bots vamps, wardens, friars and heretics would be gods, as it is now its usually pretty fair (ofc some classes are still stronger than others)

Its good the way it is, i just wish more people would come out to solo.

in saying that i still say 2s and 3s should attack me too. win or lose they are a blast :)
usually try to emote them into it, not all understand though :/

seems to me that everyone wants to have there cake and eat it which is as we all know not possible sadly:(

Jarroman

Fledgling Freddie
deeply inside i hope this thing won't work, cause we end up in the same /bow /no /salute /beckon duel like thing, which is quite borring let alone the fact that it destroys any clue of rolepay that may be left alive in this game.

solo is not 1 vs 1.
solo is getting zerged/spending 60% of the time buffing/on boat and 35% fighting and 5% resting after a succesfull fight. solo is a path that no matter what led you there, you should not brag about it . solo is solo ... live with it those of u who so much "claim" it.

ps:did any of u guys thought that solo could also be the only solution for some players?

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Punj said:

I prefer to solo like i always have done, with the risk of getting added on and zerged.
Wouldn't mind if more people would let me finish a fight before zerging me down, but.../shrug.

For some reason there's been so many posts like this lately.
The thread starter might not be one of them, but i see so many people who are hanging around bridges with a few other soloers waiting for fights.
If people want to solo, they can't just stand around with a bunch of others and expect to get lots of good 1vs1s and not get added on.
Sure it happens, but then we usually get a duel circle, which quickly becomes boring.

I try to go away from other mids when i'm out soloing, so hib/alb soloers will attack me. I mean, who would jump me if i was standing next to Brynja and the warlocks, SMs and BDs?
On an average day my zerker will get about twice as many kills as deaths and that's not too bad for a visual with no speed.
We can't do anything about those who like to add or group up, but those who want to solo can choose not to camp areas that are full of potentional adders and groups from their own realm. :p

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Zoia said:
I prefer to solo like i always have done, with the risk of getting added on and zerged.
Wouldn't mind if more people would let me finish a fight before zerging me down, but.../shrug.

For some reason there's been so many posts like this lately.
The thread starter might not be one of them, but i see so many people who are hanging around bridges with a few other soloers waiting for fights.
If people want to solo, they can't just stand around with a bunch of others and expect to get lots of good 1vs1s and not get added on.
Sure it happens, but then we usually get a duel circle, which quickly becomes boring.

I try to go away from other mids when i'm out soloing, so hib/alb soloers will attack me. I mean, who would jump me if i was standing next to Brynja and the warlocks, SMs and BDs?
On an average day my zerker will get about twice as many kills as deaths and that's not too bad for a visual with no speed.
We can't do anything about those who like to add or group up, but those who want to solo can choose not to camp areas that are full of potentional adders and groups from their own realm. :p

Problem is to find you though, I mean, you could easily be anywhere in the three lands :p

It might also be easier for you since you run at mach 5.

Though I agree, I'll try to stay further away from bridges from now on, however that's where I usually find my fights, not far away from where the zerg action is, just on the other side of the keep etc.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Kinag said:
Problem is to find you though, I mean, you could easily be anywhere in the three lands :p

It might also be easier for you since you run at mach 5.

Though I agree, I'll try to stay further away from bridges from now on, however that's where I usually find my fights, not far away from where the zerg action is, just on the other side of the keep etc.
I don't mean you have to run for miles. ;)
My zerker has no speed, so i wont run all over the zones.
Getting out of clip range from the others that are camping the bridge is a good start. If it's in Emain, simply running over the hill near Crauch spire will do.

So often that i stand up there and see known soloers running around down there waiting for a boat, but i can't go down cause i also see, say, a caster duo that i know adds on everything.

threeps

Fledgling Freddie
Best way to solo is to get known as a soloer. I been seeing a few recently that get ignored by groups, mainly at west bridge crau (altho a few hib stealthers will still add no matter what), and are left to get their 1v1.
Unfortuantaly some people will still add on you, it happens, kill you with 4 of their m8s and /bow as tho they achieved something but tbh who cares.
I try to always solo have since i made my old hero threeps way back during the good o'days and imo theres nothing better then winning a fair 1v1.
If you get added or ganked go somewhere else. If still the same dont get angry switch the game off and play summin else, or lvl an alt.
Would be nice to get a solo zone, but ofc there will always be some that will exploit that for their easy rps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom