Need A Heavy Tank? Not Now

Vladamir

FH is my second home
"- Realm abilities (such as Avoidance of Magic) no longer reduce the duration of crowd control spells (snare, stun, and mesmerize"

Thats pretty much all non-bg-bot heavy tanks put in the closet. Mythic you make me :puke:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Care to share how you came to that conclusion seeing as heavy tanks can still get 26% resists from items (which will effect duration) as well at Determination and Stockism (baseline 25% det)?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Love to, check the Vn Boards for some of their opinions, they've got a little more insight into it than we do.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
aom made det pointless (till you had aom5)

can see why they removed the CC bit of it

now thye just need to remove MoM ;)

Lendan

Fledgling Freddie
Heavy tanks will still be much needed to guard and stop the interrupts on healers and pbaoers don't you think?

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
aom made det pointless (till you had aom5)

can see why they removed the CC bit of it

now thye just need to remove MoM ;)

why the hell do they need to remove MOM?

AOM = more magic defense
MOM = more magic damage

it was an oversight by mythic to allow it to affect CC spells such as mez/stuns/roots etc and they have fixed it.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
MoM doesn't affect CC, so it's reasonable that AoM shouldn't. :eek:

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
why the hell do they need to remove MOM?

AOM = more magic defense
MOM = more magic damage

it was an oversight by mythic to allow it to affect CC spells such as mez/stuns/roots etc and they have fixed it.

PD=more melee defense

what does tanks got to increase melee dmg?

and with 1.70aa MoM is now 20% instead of 28 at lvl 5

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Lendan said:
Heavy tanks will still be much needed to guard and stop the interrupts on healers and pbaoers don't you think?

Yes lets make all tanks good for nothing but babysitting casters. Nice to suddenly get turned into a new type of support class.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Lejemorder said:
PD=more melee defense

what does tanks got to increase melee dmg?

and with 1.70aa MoM is now 20% instead of 28 at lvl 5
only pussy cloth heads get PD, and being honest - have you ever thought FFS I HIT THAT CASTER FOR 50!! (and ont cos of bof), no you 3shot casters with any decent tank and you can 2shot a fair few if u have a buble breaker of some kind and toa twinkies.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
How does this ruin tanks?

It only affects AoM, BAoD and TEM, afaik. (if it affects Det, then Det is 100% useless as it doesn't affect melee stuns)

More of a hib nerf, imho.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
only pussy cloth heads get PD, and being honest - have you ever thought FFS I HIT THAT CASTER FOR 50!! (and ont cos of bof), no you 3shot casters with any decent tank and you can 2shot a fair few if u have a buble breaker of some kind and toa twinkies.

And also all Archer classes.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Xeanor said:
How does this ruin tanks?

It only affects AoM, BAoD and TEM, afaik. (if it affects Det, then Det is 100% useless as it doesn't affect melee stuns)

More of a hib nerf, imho.

Because tanks will get pwned by dds/bolts/nukes/pbae like they do now with the new fotm ToA grapple / ToA caster grps. Like Katato said will only be useful as babysitters for support, i guess because getting any were near enemy casters will result in insta death from debuff/assist nukes pbae box + grapple..

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
just get high aom + high det ?

Good idea, why didn't I think of that? Ok thats my first 68 levels of RA's used, oh wait, I don't even have 68 levels to spend...

Now lets see how all the tanks who are not RR7L8 manage, and even then they wont have any points left to spend on soldiers barricade, dashing defense, purge, IP or anything else remotely useful to the group.

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
game changes addapt or sit at lfg, btw katago thought u mainly soloed so why u so mad about this? :D

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
WiiWii said:
game changes addapt or sit at lfg, btw katago thought u mainly soloed so why u so mad about this? :D

Cause solo or not I still have to deal with CC spells and nukers like everyone else, and I still can't afford to buy anywhere near enough ra's to cope with these new tables, I dread to think how lower RR tanks will manage.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Kagato said:
Good idea, why didn't I think of that? Ok thats my first 68 levels of RA's used, oh wait, I don't even have 68 levels to spend...

Now lets see how all the tanks who are not RR7L8 manage, and even then they wont have any points left to spend on soldiers barricade, dashing defense, purge, IP or anything else remotely useful to the group.

Or anything else remotely fun, either.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

I didn't say "highest".

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Anything less is quite frankly worthless at those costs and still far far below the current levels we have now even with stoicism.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
I don't call decent aom/det and a good purge worthless. remember cure mezz is in the game now and it wasn't back in the days we didn't have RAs.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
I don't call decent aom/det and a good purge worthless. remember cure mezz is in the game now and it wasn't back in the days we didn't have RAs.

Just how many rps do you think tanks have these days? aom/det and purge now? I wish, im 9th highest Armsman on excal and I know I can't afford that let alone the rest of the tanks, and we're still expected to get group friendly abilities on top let alone anything to improve ourselves.

Tanks are nothing but portable grapple bots now, effectively another kind of dumb support class or cannon fodder, and it disgusts me.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:

welcome to the world of the hybrid.......

this will be good for mids though, healers instastun with a caster group will mean decimation for the enemy, tanks or casters. Add a thane with static tempest just in case and you are laughing.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Just how many rps do you think tanks have these days? aom/det and purge now? I wish, im 9th highest Armsman on excal and I know I can't afford that let alone the rest of the tanks, and we're still expected to get group friendly abilities on top let alone anything to improve ourselves.

Tanks are nothing but portable grapple bots now, effectively another kind of dumb support class or cannon fodder, and it disgusts me.
You should start making commercials, the way you exaggerate things is incredible.

The damn paladin in my group even always managed to do very good, and they are gonna get det too soon, you are just too used to your super-uber det, or you just suck.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
No exagreration is needed, paladins can quite happily just get the new improved purge and manage as they always have as they are quite used to being support for casters, guard/end bots is what they already do, now they just get to be bodyguarders instead, no change.

Now compare that to the former offensive tanks who are now reduced to the same thing and don't even have end chanter to offer instead.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Blah blah, just think what casters were reduced to for a long time - dead in the first few seconds of most fights. At least you get RPs while bodyguarding.

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
tbh think tanks a wee bit too used too "i strong i run and keel everything!" im sure change will come where u can do that again + many rvr grps have a banelord in em and not just bm. but that might just be hibbiesss :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom